i can see SF picking up Taylor Gabriel....

I’m starting to think Dallas isn’t interested in signing Dak long term.......

Niners broke my heart this year but I think we’re coming back to win next year. There’s a ton of determination on that team.

I’m starting to think Dallas isn’t interested in signing Dak long term.......
Ya think...? Dak is in a no lose position. If they tag him, he makes $30+ mil and the market for starting QBs only goes higher...so if they want to lock him up long term next year it'll cost even more. Tag again, repeat the cycle.

Too many holes to fill to draft a QB this year, but maybe next year?

Like it or not, Dallas will have to pay him...and it'll be equal/higher than Wilson's deal too.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Not much talk about the new 17 game and increase playoff teams by one here.

What do you all think?

I am all for it. The more football the better in my opinion. Plus, it gets rid of one bad preseason game. Will be interesting how adding the one team changes the playoffs.

What do you all think?

I am all for it. The more football the better in my opinion. Plus, it gets rid of one bad preseason game. Will be interesting how adding the one team changes the playoffs.
Won't pass unless the owners give the players a bigger cut of the $$.

I think Dallas wants to lock up Dak, but he is playing hard ball and REALLY gambling he will continue to perform while the QB market goes crazy after Mahomes signs his massive contract.

If Dak would take the same deals of either Goff or Wentz I think this would be done. Dak wants more and isn’t signing unless he gets it. Big gamble on him.

Ya think...? Dak is in a no lose position. If they tag him, he makes $30+ mil and the market for starting QBs only goes higher...so if they want to lock him up long term next year it'll cost even more. Tag again, repeat the cycle.

Too many holes to fill to draft a QB this year, but maybe next year?

Like it or not, Dallas will have to pay him...and it'll be equal/higher than Wilson's deal too.

I’m not 100% convinced of this. I’m starting to think they may go FA QB for a few years and try and draft one in this years draft for a few years after. I just don’t think they are going to pay him more than Wilson, Roethlisberger, Rodgers. Etc.

The owners are giving more of the money.

Wages/Economics

-- 47% of annual revenue in 2020, plus around $100M in new Player Costs above current CBA for 2020
-- Guaranteed 48% share of revenue in 2021, with ability to increase the percentage to 48.5% share through a media kicker which applies in any season the league plays 17 games
-- Projected increase of around $5 billion to players during course of a new 10-year deal

Plus, I think a big deal is the virtual removal of punishment for marijuana use.

I think Dallas wants to lock up Dak, but he is playing hard ball and REALLY gambling he will continue to perform while the QB market goes crazy after Mahomes signs his massive contract.

If Dak would take the same deals of either Goff or Wentz I think this would be done. Dak wants more and isn’t signing unless he gets it. Big gamble on him.
Jerrah has no choice but to pay him... They locked up Zeke long term, will tag or transition tag Cooper, and Cooper Rush isn't an option.

They could try to sign one of the free agents, which I like the thought of, since its McCarthy first year with them anyway...

In the end, they'll sign Dak long term and will regret it in 2-3 years.

Greg Olsen is signing with the Seahawks.
This move doesn’t make much sense to me. They just signed Dissley to a long term deal. He was a stud last year before he got hurt. Maybe Olsen is an insurance policy? An expensive one at that who is very injury prone

What do you all think?

The additional regular season game will be good ($$$) for the league, team and players. Replacing an unattractive for viewing pre season game (where none of the starters even put on a helmet) with a regular season game will be a huge money making proposition.

The owners are giving more of the money.

Wages/Economics

-- 47% of annual revenue in 2020, plus around $100M in new Player Costs above current CBA for 2020
-- Guaranteed 48% share of revenue in 2021, with ability to increase the percentage to 48.5% share through a media kicker which applies in any season the league plays 17 games
-- Projected increase of around $5 billion to players during course of a new 10-year deal

Plus, I think a big deal is the virtual removal of punishment for marijuana use.
It'll have to go higher and won't happen until 2023 or so...

As for the idea, I love it. Especially the expanded playoffs. I wish they'd collapse the divisions into just 2 divisions...but that would kill some long standing rivalries and traditions. In the end, I just want more football....and not XFL football....

Jerrah has no choice but to pay him... They locked up Zeke long term, will tag or transition tag Cooper, and Cooper Rush isn't an option.

They could try to sign one of the free agents, which I like the thought of, since its McCarthy first year with them anyway...

In the end, they'll sign Dak long term and will regret it in 2-3 years.

The QB market and what happens with all the available free agent QBs is going to be the big story this off season. Plus, several QBs will be drafted high in the 1st round.

Steelers released video of Ben throwing a football today after he was cleared by doctors. Nice and easy, but throwing a football, not a tennis ball or something lighter. Long way to go, but a positive first step.

Steelers released video of Ben throwing a football today after he was cleared by doctors. Nice and easy, but throwing a football, not a tennis ball or something lighter. Long way to go, but a positive first step.
Definitely looked out of shape... But he always has

Definitely looked out of shape... But he always has

I saw the video on ESPN without hearing it was Big Ben, I thought it was an OL throwing a ball in a gym.

i can see SF picking up Taylor Gabriel....
I liked him when he was on Bears but all those concussions may have caught up with him.

How many think Isaiah Simmons is going to be a special player in the NFL? I see him having a Troy Polamalu type of impact.

I know the Browns need OL help but I'd think hard about taking him if he's still there at 10.

How many think Isaiah Simmons is going to be a special player in the NFL? I see him having a Troy Polamalu type of impact.

I know the Browns need OL help but I'd think hard about taking him if he's still there at 10.
Simmons goes top 5...unless Lions and Giants trade down. Even then I don't see him getting beyond 7.

Browns need O-line help, period. Trade down and stock up/trade for linemen, otherwise you'll be looking for Mayfield's replacement soon.

I am a big believer in stock piling draft picks. If I was drafting anywhere in the 1st and not going QB, I would be looking to trade down and pick up more 2nd and 3rd picks. With the odds of success so difficult for each draft pick, give me lots of picks in the earlier rounds and I think teams can jump into good teams quicker.

Back