Steelers Nation is in full victim mode right now on talk radio and the Twitterverse.
Couldn't have happened to a better team, unless it was the Ravens this was happening to...
Yes, I'm in CLE and my teams doesn't suck. They are not good, but they don't suck.

smart move imo. Moving the game doesnt hurt anyone and makes sense.

I agree it's the right move, the smart move. But I think the Steelers are hurt more by it in the short run than the Ravens. But this Steelers team seems to be a little different this year - at least so far.

Couldn't have happened to a better team, unless it was the Ravens this was happening to...
Yes, I'm in CLE and my teams doesn't suck. They are not good, but they don't suck.

Your team is pretty good and the arrow is pointing up, as they say. You won't be able to sneak up on teams for much longer.

I agree it's the right move, the smart move. But I think the Steelers are hurt more by it in the short run than the Ravens. But this Steelers team seems to be a little different this year - at least so far.
Curious how they would be hurt by it in the short run? I know Baltimore has some players out bc of Covid, but if anything the Steelers get the extra days to heal up and be ready. I just don't see how extra days between games for these guys is a bad thing

one of those juggernauts will be in first place after that game

Unless the game ends in a tie. Which in 2020, in the NFC Least ,would be fitting. If a tie, the Eagles would remain in first at 3-6-1.

Curious how they would be hurt by it in the short run? I know Baltimore has some players out bc of Covid, but if anything the Steelers get the extra days to heal up and be ready. I just don't see how extra days between games for these guys is a bad thing

Both cases have three games in 15 days, but the time off is not the same

Originally - CIN ---> 3 days off ---> BAL ---> 9 days off ---> WTF (Washington Team Football)

Currently - CIN ---> 6 days off ---> BAL ---> 6 days off ---> WTF

My understanding is that 3+9 is much preferable to 6+6 because of the extra three days to heal in the block of nine days. For games on consecutive Sundays, most HCs give the players Monday off. In Tomlin's case, anyway, he would give the players Fri/Sat/Sun off after a Thursday night game.

Originally - CIN ---> 3 days off ---> BAL ---> 9 days off ---> WTF (Washington Team Football)

My understanding is that 3+9 is much preferable to 6+6 because of the extra three days to heal in the block of nine days. For games on consecutive Sundays, most HCs give the players Monday off. In Tomlin's case, anyway, he would give the players Fri/Sat/Sun off after a Thursday night game.

so this just seems like "time off" than beneficial for the team perspective. I know 9 days off is better than 6 days off, but it seems like it's all the players being a little selfish for some time off being taken away, when it really isn't, it's just appropriated differently.

At the end of the day I don't think it makes a difference, but interesting to see how others see time off.

I think the Steelers would love to have that extra time for a mental break as much as anything.
Sometimes you just need to changes things up for a sec and then continue on.

I think the Steelers would love to have that extra time for a mental break as much as anything.

This, plus an extra three days of a physical break. Everyone is dinged up at this time of year.

so this just seems like "time off" than beneficial for the team perspective. I know 9 days off is better than 6 days off, but it seems like it's all the players being a little selfish for some time off being taken away, when it really isn't, it's just appropriated differently

Keep in mind the Steelers were well into prep for the TEN game when it became their "Bye Week." So they haven't had that seven days of not having to prep for a game.

Note also the Ravens catch no break, because after a physical tilt with the Steelers on Sunday, they will have to play on Thursday.

This, plus an extra three days of a physical break. Everyone is dinged up at this time of year.

so this just seems like "time off" than beneficial for the team perspective. I know 9 days off is better than 6 days off, but it seems like it's all the players being a little selfish for some time off being taken away, when it really isn't, it's just appropriated differently

Keep in mind the Steelers were well into prep for the TEN game when it became their "Bye Week." So they haven't had that seven days of not having to prep for a game.

Note also the Ravens catch no break, because after a physical tilt with the Steelers on Sunday, they will have to play on Thursday.

I get NFL players are creatures of habit and the physical nature of the game takes its toll, so anytime they can steal an extra day here or there during the season is huge. I guess I just don't buy the preparation part or the short notice and needing to adapt part. These are professional athletes who are 11 weeks into their season. They should be in a groove now and with the steelers being undefeated, there should be enough motivation to come in sharp regardless of the time off.

This is my opinion across the NFL and not picking on the Steelers. They just happen to be the team this week with a schedule change that prompted the conversation.

17BACD17-12A4-47C7-AB8D-04A62B20338E.jpeg

Looking forward to Turkey Day football.

Hoping for a good showing in the early game. Need some Hockenson volume today

Lions always tough on turkey day.

Somehow those will be Matt Patricia’s fault 😀

I get NFL players are creatures of habit and the physical nature of the game takes its toll, so anytime they can steal an extra day here or there during the season is huge. I guess I just don't buy the preparation part or the short notice and needing to adapt part. These are professional athletes who are 11 weeks into their season. They should be in a groove now and with the steelers being undefeated, there should be enough motivation to come in sharp regardless of the time off.

This is my opinion across the NFL and not picking on the Steelers. They just happen to be the team this week with a schedule change that prompted the conversation.
Wholly agree with this and league did the right thing with moving the game.... BUT. How the hell is the league moving this game from prime time Thanksgiving Day game to a Sunday 1:00 game?? One of the best rivalry games in NFL should always be a Prime time national TV game.... not regional Sunday coverage. Especially when one team is 10-0

Beautiful pass.

Wholly agree with this and league did the right thing with moving the game.... BUT. How the hell is the league moving this game from prime time Thanksgiving Day game to a Sunday 1:00 game?? One of the best rivalry games in NFL should always be a Prime time national TV game.... not regional Sunday coverage. Especially when one team is 10-0

Because the Poe-Birds have a Thursday night game. The teams need the maximum amount of recovery time. If they play SNF in Pittsburgh, it’s very early Monday when they get home. It’s a difference of seven hours - 93 hrs between games vs 100. That’s meaningful without any travel time.

Back