Understanding that Dak's new deal will be surpassed in the future is still flawed logic for paying him top dollar now...and its why Jerry is still holding out on doing it, and that tells me that Stephen Jones is taking some control over what is happening, thankfully!

Dak won't settle for the Wentz or Goff deal now, he wants to be top dog. Problem is, he hasn't done sh*t to warrant that outside of play on a 4th round contract. He knows this is his ONLY opportunity to cash in because his stock will never be any higher. As unpopular(?) as it may seem, I like the idea of letting him walk and going with Dalton. For $23m less per season, you'll have some options down the road and/or can draft a qb or trade for a project qb on someone else's roster.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Dak ain’t walking away from a guaranteed $31M this season. If he holds out he will lose. He’s waited 4 years for this & sitting out a year would be idiotic. A deal will get done this summer.

Dak ain’t walking away from a guaranteed $31M this season. If he holds out he will lose. He’s waited 4 years for this & sitting out a year would be idiotic. A deal will get done this summer.
If Dak has a brain in his head, he'll sign and play this year. If he has a good year and plays up to his potential, he'll cash in big time next year when the market has been raised even further. If he holds out, it's a year away with no game tape, a year of rust, and a trip into free agency with teams not willing to pony up big for him. (IMHO, of course.)

Not saying he's top 5, not saying he deserves to be paid like it - but the market only keeps going up, and a rising tide raises all boats.

Listen to the head coach who said more than a dozen werent his fault. While watching the highlights says one thing, watching the full games might give some more insight. Between an OL that didnt give him even 3 seconds to throw, and a few other issues, he showed serious grit. Sure he made some terrible throws, but staring at the stat book doesn’t tell the whole story.

There is a reason he was signed before Quitter Newton.
Given I don't watch highlights of the Bucs... or 31 other NFL teams. That doesn't interest me. I'm a Panthers fan. The only time I see the Bucs play is 2 times per year when they play Carolina. And Carolina's secondary sucks so they aren't getting any takeaways.:LOL:

If Winston threw into double and triple coverage, or ahead of or behind his target that's on him... if his 30 interceptions aren't all his fault, then cool.

I'm not a GM in the NFL... and the longer Cam Newton sits unsigned, to me, is very telling. Is it just that there's no contact and he can't get a physical? I doubt that. I doubt I'll ever know. Whomever does isn't talking.

It's the same type of thing when a player that's supposed to be a lock the first round falls through the draft... and is passed over by 32 teams multiple times. Someone knows something but they aren't talking...

It's that, or I'm not plugged into the right grapevine... and I'll admit it. I live under a rock so... it's probably the latter.:ROFLMAO:

Interesting Season ticket letter:
I like how if you don't feel safe going to games they will let you keep your seats for the next season while refunding your money.

I know there is a lot of hate for the Pats but they are a well run organization and its the little things they do that really show it.

I will be curious to hear how other teams are handling this.
It will be very interested to see how many people don't renew due to financial reasons alone.

I still Highly doubt that I will be sitting in Gillette stadium this fall even though I am now infected I don't see 65k people congregating in sept/oct.

Dear William,
Please join us tomorrow evening, Thursday, May 7, for the announcement of the New England Patriots 2020 schedule.
Starting at 7:30 PM ET, Patriots.com and each of the Patriots’ social platforms will unveil the team’s 2020 schedule, including our four preseason opponents as well as the dates and times for each regular season matchup. Following our schedule reveal, the NFL Network will host a live, three-hour special, which will begin at 8:00 PM ET and feature interviews with head coaches, general managers and players throughout the league.
Like us, we know our Season Ticket Members eagerly anticipate the schedule announcement, as it starts the unofficial countdown to the kickoff of another football season. We are optimistic for the return of Patriots football and remain hopeful that we’ll be able to play each game as scheduled and welcome our Season Ticket Members back to Gillette Stadium this fall. We will do so in full compliance with all government regulations and will continue to rely on the advice of medical and public health professionals, keeping the safety of our fans, players and personnel as our highest priority.
If for any reason a game scheduled at Gillette Stadium is cancelled and cannot be replayed, or is played under conditions that prohibit fans from attending, the Patriots are offering Season Ticket Members one of the following:
  1. A full refund for the face value of your ticket (plus associated fees) OR
  2. The option to apply the full amount of a cancelled game as a credit toward a future ticket purchase.
Given the current situation, we will be prepared to adapt as necessary in order to conduct games in the safest manner possible, and we will communicate directly with you on any League-wide policies related to postponed, rescheduled, or limited-attendance games as information becomes available. Should the decision be made that no games will be played at Gillette Stadium in 2020, we assure you that in addition to the refund policy, your seat location is protected and will be available to you in 2021.
In addition, if because of age or underlying health condition, you are in a population identified by the CDC as being at higher risk of illness from COVID-19, and prior to the start of the season you decide that you prefer not to use your tickets for the 2020 season, we will refund your money and protect your seat location for the 2021 season.
As always, we are happy to assist with any questions you have about your account or the upcoming season. Please feel welcome to reach out any time at (508) 384-4288.
Thank you for your continued support of the New England Patriots. We wish you and your family good health and safety, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Gillette Stadium to cheer on our team together.
Go Patriots!

Patriots Member Services
tickets@patriots.com

Given I don't watch highlights of the Bucs... or 31 other NFL teams. That doesn't interest me. I'm a Panthers fan. The only time I see the Bucs play is 2 times per year when they play Carolina. And Carolina's secondary sucks so they aren't getting any takeaways.:LOL:

If Winston threw into double and triple coverage, or ahead of or behind his target that's on him... if his 30 interceptions aren't all his fault, then cool.

I'm not a GM in the NFL... and the longer Cam Newton sits unsigned, to me, is very telling. Is it just that there's no contact and he can't get a physical? I doubt that. I doubt I'll ever know. Whomever does isn't talking.

It's the same type of thing when a player that's supposed to be a lock the first round falls through the draft... and is passed over by 32 teams multiple times. Someone knows something but they aren't talking...

It's that, or I'm not plugged into the right grapevine... and I'll admit it. I live under a rock so... it's probably the latter.:ROFLMAO:
There is no Incentive for Cam to sign now. He's better off waiting for someone to get hurt. None of the Qb's other than Brady got starting jobs they all took backup deals or remain unsigned.

My Questions with Cam Newton aren't about his football ability it's his Head. When he didn't jump on that fumble in the BIGGEST GAME OF HIS LIFE and acted like a B ITC H in the Press conference after told me all that I need to know. The outfits don't bother me but the attitude does.

He's not Marshawn Lynch either who just refused to answer any questions.

The Niners signing Trent Williams filled a big hole for them left when Joe Staley retired. Hard to replace a guy like Staley, but Williams is a good candidate for the job. They could make another strong run at it this year, I think they have all the pieces in place.

The Niners signing Trent Williams filled a big hole for them left when Joe Staley retired. Hard to replace a guy like Staley, but Williams is a good candidate for the job. They could make another strong run at it this year, I think they have all the pieces in place.
I'm a huge niner fan and stoked on our off-season. I hate to lose Buckner and Staley but I think we did a good job replacing them as best as you can.

Frank Gore to the Jets is the best signing of the off-season. Gore may be may favorite player of all time.

Frank Gore to the Jets is the best signing of the off-season. Gore may be may favorite player of all time.
A lot of people think it's a great signing. Le'Veon Bell disagrees. :ROFLMAO:

I think Bell is on his way out the door. Apparently Gase didn't want him in the first place and they've butted heads a few times. And Bell has hugely underperformed considering what they paid for him, it's not like they got him on a bargain basement deal if I remember correctly.

Isn't he like my age??? Seriously if you think this is the Signing of the off season you might want to get your head checked. How much is he going to see the field unless I missed something and they cut Bell?

A lot of people think it's a great signing. Le'Veon Bell disagrees. :ROFLMAO:

I think Bell is on his way out the door. Apparently Gase didn't want him in the first place and they've butted heads a few times. And Bell has hugely underperformed considering what they paid for him, it's not like they got him on a bargain basement deal if I remember correctly.
If they cut Bell this year the DEAD CAP is $17,000,000 but it goes down to 4 mil next year.
Contract details by year
28$8,500,000$2,000,000$4,968,750-$15,468,750$17,000,000$13,468,750($28,437,500

If they cut Bell this year the DEAD CAP is $17,000,000 but it goes down to 4 mil next year.
Contract details by year
28$8,500,000$2,000,000$4,968,750-$15,468,750$17,000,000$13,468,750($28,437,500
Looks like the writing is on the wall there, unless they find somebody willing to eat his salary in a trade.

Gore still has some gas left in the tank, and he'll be a great locker room presence for the youngsters. I suspect he'll be a situational back rather than a bell cow, but still a nice addition.

Looks like the writing is on the wall there, unless they find somebody willing to eat his salary in a trade.

Gore still has some gas left in the tank, and he'll be a great locker room presence for the youngsters. I suspect he'll be a situational back rather than a bell cow, but still a nice addition.
Agree I think he gets cut after this year but even if they trade him they are still taking a cap hit.
If Gore starts stealing the Goal line carries it could get really ugly in NY and Gase doesn't strike me as a tough disciplinarian and does he have the stones to bench Bell??

Agree I think he gets cut after this year but even if they trade him they are still taking a cap hit.
If Gore starts stealing the Goal line carries it could get really ugly in NY and Gase doesn't strike me as a tough disciplinarian and does he have the stones to bench Bell??
All Gase has to do is give Bell that psycho googly-eyed look of his and Bell will be like "Nah man, I'm good!". :ROFLMAO:

gase.jpg

I'll grant that Gore will provide some locker room presence, but as for Gore having much left....ehhh....not so sure about that. By the middle of last season, Singletary SHOULD have been the outright starter in Buffalo...but wasn't because he was a rookie. By the end of the season, there was no doubt it was Singletary's spot.

He'll be a bit player for the Jets, nothing more, and poses zero threat to Bell. Bell was bad last year, but there's plenty of blame in that organization...so its not all his fault.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I'll grant that Gore will provide some locker room presence, but as for Gore having much left....ehhh....not so sure about that. By the middle of last season, Singletary SHOULD have been the outright starter in Buffalo...but wasn't because he was a rookie. By the end of the season, there was no doubt it was Singletary's spot.

He'll be a bit player for the Jets, nothing more, and poses zero threat to Bell. Bell was bad last year, but there's plenty of blame in that organization...so its not all his fault.
Definitely not all Bell's fault. The coaching staff is misusing him, whether at Gase's direction or by their own incompetence. I don't think Gase is happy being saddled with him, and I don't think Bell is happy with how he's being used, so it's kind of a toxic environment. I wonder if he regrets leaving the Steelers yet.

Saints play Tampa first game of the season. Tickets will be Super Bowl prices.
giphy.gif

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Team schedules being released online and through teams Twitter accounts tonight at 7:30pm ET. ESPN 3 hour matchup special begins at 8:00pm ET.

This looks,
if they ever actually play it,
like a good football season to sit out.

The twenty year run was nice.
What follows from here, maybe not so much.

The pre-Kraft era was excruciating, and the late-Kraft era could be the same.

This looks,
if they ever actually play it,
like a good football season to sit out.

The twenty year run was nice.
What follows from here, maybe not so much.

The pre-Kraft era was excruciating, and the late-Kraft era could be the same.

They are going to play. It’s just whether or not fans will be allowed.

Saints play Tampa first game of the season. Tickets will be Super Bowl prices.
giphy.gif

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
You're probably right about the prices, but that could be a great game to start the season!

Gonna be a weird season without fans in the stadiums but tv ratings will be through the roof.

Gonna be a weird season without fans in the stadiums but tv ratings will be through the roof.

I’m sure NBC and CBS are all about it.

Back