1 prime time game for the Colts and it is on the road. Would have never guessed.

The Texans open up with KC followed by Baltimore. They have a brutal schedule and will lose at least four of the first six games. I hope they get embarrassed and blown out of every game.

Great....another 8-8 season for the Boys @stevie-a LOL.
So based on this you should embrace the idea of letting Dak walk, going with Dalton, saving $23+mil this season, and looking for how we can get Rodgers from GB....lol.

I have a feeling Dak will come to his senses by July and will sign a 5 year deal, and then the Cowboys are screwed... Best case scenario, he holds out and Dalton shows some ability in the preseason...and Jerry can show Dak the dueces and saves money to be spent of the defense.

I know, I know...its a pipe dream...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

So based on this you should embrace the idea of letting Dak walk, going with Dalton, saving $23+mil this season, and looking for how we can get Rodgers from GB....lol.

I have a feeling Dak will come to his senses by July and will sign a 5 year deal, and then the Cowboys are screwed... Best case scenario, he holds out and Dalton shows some ability in the preseason...and Jerry can show Dak the dueces and saves money to be spent of the defense.

I know, I know...its a pipe dream...

You do know the Cowboys history on trying to use FA QB's that come from other teams, right? #NotGood

Dak ain't walking from $31M this season. LOL. He got his degree, business is business. Not every day you get to be the captain of America's Team. But if Red2 gets control this season, we might be looking at a top 10 pick in next years draft.

You do know the Cowboys history on trying to use FA QB's that come from other teams, right? #NotGood

Dak ain't walking from $31M this season. LOL. He got his degree, business is business. Not every day you get to be the captain of America's Team. But if Red2 gets control this season, we might be looking at a top 10 pick in next years draft.
Wait....so you are saying the W/L difference between Dak and Dalton is 3-4 games?

I'm not so sure about that. I see it being a push, especially with the surrounding parts. The true test this season is whether the defense can hold up or (gasp...) improve. The division is relatively weak, so 9-7 or 8-8 could be in the running for the playoffs.

Dak is just posturing and will sign, but sure would be great if his agent would give him some bad (GOOD) advice to hold out...hahahaha

Wait....so you are saying the W/L difference between Dak and Dalton is 3-4 games?

I'm not so sure about that. I see it being a push, especially with the surrounding parts. The true test this season is whether the defense can hold up or (gasp...) improve. The division is relatively weak, so 9-7 or 8-8 could be in the running for the playoffs.

Dak is just posturing and will sign, but sure would be great if his agent would give him some bad (GOOD) advice to hold out...hahahaha

Yes, I (we) know your stance on Red2....it's been posted often my friend. Second coming of Romo just arrived by the sounds of it. LOL

Yes, I (we) know your stance on Red2....it's been posted often my friend. Second coming of Romo just arrived by the sounds of it. LOL
The second coming of Romo would be a good thing for the Cowboys??? I love the guy to death as a television analyst, but hated him as a QB (and Dalton is certainly not anywhere near another Tony Romo). The Cowboys' post-season record with him wasn't exactly stellar. One of my favorite Romo memes:

romo.jpg

Last edited:
The Texans open up with KC followed by Baltimore. They have a brutal schedule and will lose at least four of the first six games. I hope they get embarrassed and blown out of every game.
They drew a harsh schedule this year for sure. Bad timing because O'Brien has a lot to prove this year, his job could be on the line.

1 prime time game for the Colts and it is on the road. Would have never guessed.
No PhillyRiv love from the league/networks? :cry:

I think Rivers got a bad rap in San Diego/LA. He threw a lot of INTs, but he was always trying to come from behind and always trying to carry the team on his shoulders because historically Spanos wouldn't open up his wallet and pay for any talent to put around him. Dude is tough as nails, never missed a start, and is a locker room leader and great character guy. I'd love to see him do well in Indy, and would love to see him get a Super Bowl win before he hangs it up. Some would argue it, but I say he's a first-ballot Hall of Famer. The one knock on his career is that he got drafted by a sorry team who wants to play in a champagne league on a beer budget.

I'd love to see him do well in Indy, and would love to see him get a Super Bowl win before he hangs it up.

As a huge Colts fan and multiple game per year attendee, I appreciate this! (y)🤘

Last edited:
The second coming of Romo would be a good thing for the Cowboys??? I love the guy to death as a television analyst, but hated him as a QB (and Dalton is certainly not anywhere near another Tony Romo). The Cowboys' post-season record with him wasn't exactly stellar. One of my favorite Romo memes:

View attachment 8942004

*Blocked*

Both....*Double Blocked*
Romo...blocked...wait, this reminds me of something....

Both....*Double Blocked*
Tony won two of six playoff games and never advanced past the Divisional round. I don't deny his all-time stats, he put up some great numbers over his career, but it was agonizing to watch him throw red zone INTs in game-winning situations time after time. He was great everywhere but in the Red Zone, where it mattered most. And he wasn't often crippled by a lack of talent around him like some other QBs with similar lack of success.

Nothing but respect to him for being a great guy, a team player and good leader. I thought he handled the transition to Dak very graciously, and I don't have one bad word to say about him as a person. But his tendency to choke under pressure was maddening.

Tony won two of six playoff games and never advanced past the Divisional round. I don't deny his all-time stats, he put up some great numbers over his career, but it was agonizing to watch him throw red zone INTs in game-winning situations time after time. He was great everywhere but in the Red Zone, where it mattered most. And he wasn't often crippled by a lack of talent around him like some other QBs with similar lack of success.

Nothing but respect to him for being a great guy, a team player and good leader. I thought he handled the transition to Dak very graciously, and I don't have one bad word to say about him as a person. But his tendency to choke under pressure was maddening.
*Still Blocked*

No PhillyRiv love from the league/networks? :cry:

I think Rivers got a bad rap in San Diego/LA. He threw a lot of INTs, but he was always trying to come from behind and always trying to carry the team on his shoulders because historically Spanos wouldn't open up his wallet and pay for any talent to put around him. Dude is tough as nails, never missed a start, and is a locker room leader and great character guy. I'd love to see him do well in Indy, and would love to see him get a Super Bowl win before he hangs it up. Some would argue it, but I say he's a first-ballot Hall of Famer. The one knock on his career is that he got drafted by a sorry team who wants to play in a champagne league on a beer budget.

My wife grew up in San Diego and was a charger fan. Between that and then just being on the garbage time afternoon game on the west coast I’ve watched a lot of rivers. He gets a bad rap. Sure he through a ton of picks but he’s had such sh***y coaches and the chargers just charger it be almost had to at end of games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife grew up in San Diego and was a charger fan. Between that and then just being on the garbage time afternoon game on the west coast I’ve watched a lot of rivers. He gets a bad rap. Sure he through a ton of picks but he’s had such ****** coaches and the chargers just charger it be almost had to at end of games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I grew up in San Diego also, lived in the area most of my life. I was a lifelong Chargers fan, but lost faith in them when they wouldn't fire that POS loser Norv Turner, then totally turned my back on the team when Spanos moved them to LA. Still love Philip Rivers and have always wished him success though. That was a frustrating team to be a fan of, it's amazing how many different ways they've discovered how to choke away big leads in the 4th quarter!

Rivers is a mad dog of a competitor. You could break both his legs and he'd try to finish the game on bloody stumps, screaming "Golly!" and "Shoot!" the whole way. :LOL: Can't ever forget him playing the entire 2007 AFC Championship game against the Patriots with a torn ACL.

Parallels will always be drawn between him and Eli Manning, because of the circumstances around them when they were drafted. You have to wonder how things would have turned out if Manning had gone to the Chargers and Philip would have gone to the Giants or another team that actually cared about winning. I think Rivers is every bit as good (or better) of a QB as Eli ever was, although his lack of success wouldn't indicate it.

I know that isn't as exciting as how much Dak is going to get paid, but if you like offensive linemen, I thought this interview with Joe Thomas was fascinating (mostly the first 20 minutes):

Best Quote (@ 10:40): "Swinging a golf club is a lot like being a left tackle"

Thomas says he filled 5 notebooks every year with minutiae - mostly specific techniques he'd try during each practice.

And it was interesting to hear he said most coaches don't (or can't) teach this stuff, or at least to this level of detail (they mostly work on scheme)

Jedrick Wills is a lucky man to has Thomas as a resource!

And if I was a good college OL, I'd be willing to pay a lot of cash for access to Thomas & for his tutoring.

I know that isn't as exciting as how much Dak is going to get paid, but if you like offensive linemen, I thought this interview with Joe Thomas was fascinating (mostly the first 20 minutes):

Best Quote (@ 10:40): "Swinging a golf club is a lot like being a left tackle"

Thomas says he filled 5 notebooks every year with minutiae - mostly specific techniques he'd try during each practice.

And it was interesting to hear he said most coaches don't (or can't) teach this stuff, or at least to this level of detail (they mostly work on scheme)

Jedrick Wills is a lucky man to has Thomas as a resource!

And if I was a good college OL, I'd be willing to pay a lot of cash for access to Thomas & for his tutoring.

A lineman being tutored by Joe Thomas would be like a QB being tutored by Drew Brees or Tom Brady. Thomas is definitely one of the GOATs at his position.

Joe and Booger out on MNF. No complaints here. ESPN looking to fill positions from within. Let’s see if they can make it three straight years of trainwrecks in the booth.

Joe and Booger out on MNF. No complaints here. ESPN looking to fill positions from within. Let’s see if they can make it three straight years of trainwrecks in the booth.
They'd really have to work at it to do much worse than Joe and Booger!

They'd really have to work at it to do much worse than Joe and Booger!
At least Booger made me laugh occasionally (usually at his expense). Collinsworth on the other hand just makes me yell.

Back