I didn’t like the MNF team, but I don’t like the idea of “looking within” for ESPN’s next team. They badly need new blood for what once was the game of the week and must watch football. Sunday night has become that and MNF hopefully can find a better team to bring back the quality we used to get.

Joe and Booger out on MNF. No complaints here. ESPN looking to fill positions from within. Let’s see if they can make it three straight years of trainwrecks in the booth.
That has to be the rock bottom for MNF.
What the hell happened to this marquis job?
I really enjoy Nate Burleson on NFL network. I wonder how he would be as a color guy in the booth. Pair him with a good play by play pro and you've got a team. No more stupid third/sideline guy or any gimmicky crap.

That has to be the rock bottom for MNF.
What the hell happened to this marquis job?
I really enjoy Nate Burleson on NFL network. I wonder how he would be as a color guy in the booth. Pair him with a good play by play pro and you've got a team. No more stupid third/sideline guy or any gimmicky crap.
I thought rock bottom was when they brought Dennis Miller into the booth with Dan Fouts and Al Michaels. I like Al, Fouts was only so-so at that point in his career, but Dennis Miller was the worst idea they ever came up with. He made Booger look like an absolute genius by comparison.

I have heard roomers that with a decent chance of not having college football this fall that Cris Fowler and Kirk Herbstreit would be promoted to the NFL and be the new Monday Night crew.

I have heard roomers that with a decent chance of not having college football this fall that Cris Fowler and Kirk Herbstreit would be promoted to the NFL and be the new Monday Night crew.
Why ruin their college cash cow to try and save mnf? Have NFL guys do it.

Still wish they'd put Pat McAfee on MNF.

For me, I don’t get distracted by the announcers. They won’t make me tune in, nor turn off, a game. I can put up with just about anyone as long as the game is compelling.

MNF has announcers? Normally I'll pause the channel so I build time on the DVR and just hit the 30 sec jump after a play's over... I skip 90% of the announcers and the commercials that way.

For me, I don’t get distracted by the announcers. They won’t make me tune in, nor turn off, a game. I can put up with just about anyone as long as the game is compelling.
Nobody will ever beat the annoyance factor of Howard Cosell. His annoyance as a football announcer is immortal. Collinsworth kinda reminds me of him sometimes, though.

Nobody will ever beat the annoyance factor of Howard Cosell. His annoyance as a football announcer is immortal. Collinsworth kinda reminds me of him sometimes, though.
This. Is. Howard. Cosell... yeah. I'll take Cosell over John Madden any day. Especially if John has his telestrator going. Stop drawing on the screen John.:ROFLMAO:

This. Is. Howard. Cosell... yeah. I'll take Cosell over John Madden any day. Especially if John has his telestrator going. Stop drawing on the screen John.:ROFLMAO:
John was an absolute MADMAN with the telestrator! :ROFLMAO: He didn't 'announce' or 'analyze', he ranted!

He is better suited for Barstool Sports.

Meh.. I think he would be a nice change for the booth. While I dont think he will get that prominent of a job, I expect to see him on more and more college games in the booth.

I been considering the past few years that after over 30 years of season tix that the time may be coming to finally let them go. There are several reasons for this. The main one has been because Im a jets fan and the frustrations and letdowns for the decades have gone on too long and it gets harder to endure the suffering.

But there are now other reasons.
The whole new stadium and PSL crap really angered me. Also the fans at the games (much like society in general) have become too badly behaved. Respect , common courtesy and good etiquette (like much of society in general ) are simply much too lacking both in the tailgating lots and in the seats``. I been to somewhere between 240 to 270 Jets home games (basically ever since the move to Giants stadium). No to mention some the Shea stadium games when i was a kid and teen. getting tired of the franchise , the fans at the games, and putting up with it all. That said, I still have the tix and the team is in my blood (and my family's blood)

Now lets add the NFL's failure to do much about the kneeling thing. There answer was to stop televising the anthem. That really bothers me. One my favorite things about going to the live games was standing for the anthem and paying respect to the flag )not something you get ever do much of anywhere else). But also at home it angers me that they pulled it from the programming. And now the latest from the NFL. Is this real? Are you kidding?
I am so freaking tired of having race and minorities being forced down my throat. Im tired of apologizing for being white. Im tired of the implied BS of white privilege which is nothing more than a made up excuse for people to blame their bad choices on. Im tired of minority affirmative action which has done nothing but place me and my family at a huge disadvantage while all of my lower middle class life I done nothing but [pay and pay and pay into the system. Never got anything back ever and in fact my family (my children my wife and I) have less opportunity especially in my NY/NJ area. Are they freaking kidding me now? Now they are even to dare to offer the idea that teams will benefit in draft picks if they hire minority? Im freaking done of this passes. Im giving up the tix and losing all respect for the NFL. I mean you own a freaking billion dollar franchise and you should be ab;le to hire whoev,licher you want to coach your team and shou;ld not at all ever be forced to even interview a minority coach. I wouldn't care if my top candidate was green. If Bill Belichick was available I shouldnt have to ever even interview anyone esle if he is who i want, let alone get penalized and drop down a draft pick or two or three because he is white and other teams hired black coaches and jumped over my drafts. I mean are they freaking serious. Ive had enough with the minority and diversity garbage.

So Aaron Rodgers finally did a press conference. He pretty much played nicey-nice, but he's not happy about them drafting Jordan Love. He flat out said that the writing is on the wall and he recognizes it's unlikely that he'll finish his career in Green Bay.

So Aaron Rodgers finally did a press conference. He pretty much played nicey-nice, but he's not happy about them drafting Jordan Love. He flat out said that the writing is on the wall and he recognizes it's unlikely that he'll finish his career in Green Bay.
I give him credit for being honest.

I’m interested to see how Rodgers handles this throughout the year. In the past he’s thrown teammates under the bus without thinking twice so I can’t imagine he’d be much of a mentor, but as a fan I hope I’m wrong

I’m interested to see how Rodgers handles this throughout the year. In the past he’s thrown teammates under the bus without thinking twice so I can’t imagine he’d be much of a mentor, but as a fan I hope I’m wrong

I certainly don’t believe he will go out of his way to help him but if he is asked for advice, I’m sure he would give it. But he does have a passive aggressive nature that I’m not a huge fan of.

Brett Favre was in a similar situation when the Packers drafted Rodgers. Favre said he was there to win games, not to mentor Rodgers.

And ordered

Not bad if you're a KC fan. Or like the color combo. Pretty snazzy!

In the interview he said he had no problem with being Love's mentor and bringing him along. But as @Pr3cision said, Rodgers is pretty well known for being passive aggressive, so we'll see how it works out in reality. Maybe he'll play nice because he remembers how Favre treated him as a rookie and how it probably made him feel.

One can only hope Rodgers remebers his early years

Back