Will be interesting to see what name they change it to. Its really no surprise in this day and age that they were kind of forced to change it

I'm fascinated by the marketing potential in the name change. It will be interesting to see.

Here's a portion of the article on the naming:

Snyder also states that the name was chosen in 1933 to honor Native Americans in general and the coach and four players at that time who were Native American; and that in 1971 coach George Allen consulted with the Red Cloud Indian Fund on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation when designing the logo.

Guess the facts mean nothing these days!

As I said, I am not for forced renaming, but I think despite the history, it is fairly common to view that name as pejorative right? There are a lot of words that have an altered meaning now vs history.

Hell, the Flinstones theme song, which is a cartoon based loosely off the Honeymooners had a word or two that would have been never passed today's standards.

As I said, I am not for forced renaming, but I think despite the history, it is fairly common to view that name as pejorative right? There are a lot of words that have an altered meaning now vs history.

Hell, the Flinstones theme song, which is a cartoon based loosely off the Honeymooners had a word or two that would have been never passed today's standards.
I completely understand it. Wait until the kneeling starts and the NFL's tv ratings get passed by cornhole.

I digress. Back to Dak and how the Cowboys will still be mediocre whether they pay him or not.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Are there any possible names thrown out yet?

In the unofficial media, I have heard Redtails and Warriors mentioned most frequently.

Dumb. Changing names is dumb.

Period

Big signing for the Chiefs as they lock up Chirs Jones on a 4 year deal with over 80 million with 60 guaranteed.

Big signing for the Chiefs as they lock up Chirs Jones on a 4 year deal with over 80 million with 60 guaranteed.
Oh hell yea! My favorite Chief! He has way too much with everything he does. There must be some financial wizards in that front office.

In the unofficial media, I have heard Redtails and Warriors mentioned most frequently.
The Indians don't want them using "Warriors" either, they've put up a stink over that name too.

Smart signing by KC. Know they have a 2 year window with this team that just won it all with 1 super Bowl in the bank before they have to reinvent around Mahomes.

Chiefs lock up another key piece. He is one of the best interior D Line players in the league. He played a great Super Bowl and had three critical pass deflections in the game.

Feeling they are going DC oriented
- Redtails refers to the Tuskegee Airmen, a group of African-American pilots who flew 1,578 combat missions for the US Army Air Forces during World War II seems to be 3/1 odds
- Pentagons - horrible
- Warriors Nah - bball team has it
- Generals - I like this one the best
- Presidents - dumb

Myles Garrett is about to become a very rich man.

Weird.

Myles Garrett is about to become a very rich man.

Weird.
I’m pretty sure he’s not human. Hopefully he can put that one game behind him and earn this extension.

- Redtails refers to the Tuskegee Airmen, a group of African-American pilots who flew 1,578 combat missions for the US Army Air Forces during World War II seems to be 3/1 odds
I didn't know the history behind that name, learn something new every day. Given the current environment, I'd say that one is just about a lock.

I completely understand it. Wait until the kneeling starts and the NFL's tv ratings get passed by cornhole.

I digress. Back to Dak and how the Cowboys will still be mediocre whether they pay him or not.

It's going to happen! I don't plan on watching a single game..............💩

FOLD LIKE A DECK OF CARDS

Kenny Stills arrested.
This one is going to get very ugly.

Kenny Stills arrested.
This one is going to get very ugly.

I saw that this morning. How the NFL handles this one will say a lot. Stills was charged with intimidating a participant in the legal process, a felony, as well as misdemeanor disorderly conduct and criminal trespass.

you charge onto the private home of the Kentucky AG you have to understand being arrested is a given.

I saw that this morning. How the NFL handles this one will say a lot. Stills was charged with intimidating a participant in the legal process, a felony, as well as misdemeanor disorderly conduct and criminal trespass.

you charge onto the private home of the Kentucky AG you have to understand being arrested is a given.

Yeah the media portrait is a bit different, which is why this one is going to get ugly.

Everything is offense to people these days. How are the Chiefs, and there mascot, any different than the Redskins?

The Chiefs mascot is a wolf.

KC-640x360.jpg

Back