I get the argument for not trading 3 first rounders but if the niners traded 12, and a pick in the 20s the 2 years I wouldn't blink an eye having Watson for the next 10-15 years.

So basically get Watson & sit out the next 2/3 drafts? No thanks.
I really like Watson, but way too rich for my blood. I am not sure Rodgers is worth that much maybe Mahomes.
The Jets have the draft capital and the only team I can think of who would even do something like this.

if it is the Jets I’m thinking 2 1st, a 2nd, a 3rd and Darnold for Watson. I’m not staying that is remotely fair or acceptable from a Jets perspective, but they need to do something

If you think Watson can win you a Superb Owl, then you do whatever it takes to get him.

Franchise QB's are rare.
I would love to win a Superb Owl. It’s my favorite type 🤣

The Jets have the draft capital and the only team I can think of who would even do something like this.

if it is the Jets I’m thinking 2 1st, a 2nd, a 3rd and Darnold for Watson. I’m not staying that is remotely fair or acceptable from a Jets perspective, but they need to do something

The Jets have 4 1st round picks in the next two drafts - theirs and Seattle. If I’m Houston I want those picks and Darnold or at least three of the picks and Darnold. The Jets got the two first round picks from Seattle for Jamal Adams, a strong safety. I think an elite, franchise QB under contract for a few more yesrs should get you more than two first round draft picks.

The Jets have 4 1st round picks in the next two drafts - theirs and Seattle. If I’m Houston I want those picks and Darnold or at least three of the picks and Darnold. The Jets got the two first round picks from Seattle for Jamal Adams, a strong safety. I think an elite, franchise QB under contract for a few more yesrs should get you more than two first round draft picks.

i agree but knowing how bad the Jets are in other areas, if what I proposed was on the table I’d consider it heavily given how much Watson doesn’t want to be here and his no trade clause

Going to be an end of an era in Detroit with the Lions looking to trade Stafford. Just always had missing pieces during his time.

Looks like rebuilding mode continues as will be interesting to see if they bring in a veteran as a bridge while drafting a rookie QB this year.

If you think Watson can win you a Superb Owl, then you do whatever it takes to get him.

Franchise QB's are rare.
Why would anyone think Watson can get them over the hump? Sure he's a upgrade but to this point hasn't shown he's a winner.
Would I love to see him on the Patriots? Sure but that isn't happening. I could see Jimmy G coming back to the Patriots if the 49ers want to move away from the often injured QB.

Conversely if your a QB away then you make the deal even for 3 1st rounders. The Picks won't be that good and the QB makes all the difference.

Sounds like a trade is bound to happen sooner rather than later

DESHAUN WATSONQB, HOUSTON TEXANS

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Texans QB Deshaun Watson's thinking "is not expected to change" based on who Houston hires as their next head coach.
Watson has made his grievances with the organization known and an attempt to placate him with a specific head coach is apparently off the table. A Watson trade is looking increasingly likely by the day. The Jets are reportedly his preferred landing spot with Miami coming in second. Both teams have a young quarterback who could be moved plus a bevy of first-round draft picks. Watson thinks highly of New York's new head coach, Robert Saleh, and wants to play under him for Gang Green. Watson's presence would be a massive upgrade for the New York fantasy options. However, the lack of talent at receiver and tight end does make the landing spot less desirable for Watson's fantasy outlook.

Why would anyone think Watson can get them over the hump? Sure he's a upgrade but to this point hasn't shown he's a winner.
Would I love to see him on the Patriots? Sure but that isn't happening. I could see Jimmy G coming back to the Patriots if the 49ers want to move away from the often injured QB.

Conversely if your a QB away then you make the deal even for 3 1st rounders. The Picks won't be that good and the QB makes all the difference.
Why would you think he can't ?

He is mobile, has a strong arm, seems to read defenses as he limits interceptions, can make all the throws.

The Texans issues were more a reflection on Bill O'Brien's failures as a personnel guy/GM.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Why would you think he can't ?

He is mobile, has a strong arm, seems to read defenses as he limits interceptions, can make all the throws.

The Texans issues were more a reflection on Bill O'Brien's failures as a personnel guy/GM.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

I think Watson would be wanted by all except for a handful of teams. He is one of the top QBs in the league and succeeded despite the shortcomings of his team. Elite franchise Quarterbacks in their prime aren’t on the open market too often.

Best football day of the year about to start. So pumped. I've got the Packers and Bills in the Super Bowl.

Packers have a huge ‘not Alexander’s side of the field’ weakness.

I enjoy listening to Joe Buck and The Hall of Famer Troy Aikmen on the broadcast.

3 third down completions on that drive. TB 12 knows where to throw the ball.

Well that was pretty easy by TB.

Missed a face mask there.

Pack need a 3rd down stop!

I honestly don't get why Fournette is on the field other than to spell Jones. I think the Tampa 0ffesnse is better with Jones on the field.

Leave it to the big boys. But good coverage on that sack.

Back