What a great 5 months for Tampa sports, the Stanley Cup, the Rays in the World Series and the Bucs in the Super Bowl.
And nice weather on top of if. Its like the Patriots,Celtics Bruins and Red Sox all being great at the same time. That just has to be so much fun and so great for a City

And nice weather on top of if. Its like the Patriots,Celtics Bruins and Red Sox all being great at the same time. That just has to be so much fun and so great for a City

Apparently people were honking their horns in the streets of Tampa last night. The city seems really excited. Sadly, Florida sports teams have extreme fair weather fans, so it just takes 1 bad season for them to disappear again.

My daughter is in Tampa and I'm there quite frequently during the year. I always try to make a game whether it's the Lightning, the Rays or the Bucs.

Apparently people were honking their horns in the streets of Tampa last night. The city seems really excited. Sadly, Florida sports teams have extreme fair weather fans, so it just takes 1 bad season for them to disappear again.

Playing for the Stanley Cup, World Series and Super Bowl in a little over a five month span of time. My daughter lives in downtown and she said it was very loud during the game. I have been to several games (Lightning, Rays and Bucs) over the last few years. And at least for the Bucs and Rays, the other team appeared to have more fans.

Playing for the Stanley Cup, World Series and Super Bowl in a little over a five month span of time. My daughter lives in downtown and she said it was very loud during the game. I have been to several games (Lightning, Rays and Bucs) over the last few years. And at least for the Bucs and Rays, the other team appeared to have more fans.

Exactly. Most of the people who live in Florida are not from Florida, so they are still fans of their "home" team. They become Florida team fans when they are doing well, and then revert back when they are not.

Exactly. Most of the people who live in Florida are not from Florida, so they are still fans of their "home" team. They become Florida team fans when they are doing well, and then revert back when they are not.

And, at least for football, many of the fans make the trip to Tampa to see their team and enjoy the weather. I went to a Browns - Bucs game in 2018 and you would have thought the Browns were the home team.

And, at least for football, many of the fans make the trip to Tampa to see their team and enjoy the weather. I went to a Browns - Bucs game in 2018 and you would have thought the Browns were the home team.

Oh yeah, happens all the time. Same goes for the Dolphins and the Marlins in south Florida. I can't tell you how many times we would go to games when I was a kid and it would be filled with Boston or NY fans. Now hockey was a different story, Florida fans took to the Panthers. The year of the rat helped that a lot. My dad had season tickets to the Dolphins, Marlins and Panthers, so I went to a ton of live sporting events growing up. Still some of my best childhood memories. But I was usually in the minority wearing the home team jerseys.

Re-watching the Packers - TB game and I just got to the part where King talked sh*t after getting burned and Evans dropped the ball. Priceless.

So my friends and I go to a Niners game every year. A couple years ago schedules didn't work for everyone in the group and we ended up going to Arizona because it was the easiest. Same year I took my wife to a Chargers - Dolphins game while we were visiting her family in SD. The guys we sat next to were from all over Canada and picked a random city every year in November or December to get out of the cold. We were crosschecking cities we had each gone to. They all said universally that TB was the best city they had gone to for a game.

Looks like the Texans are about to get a boat load of draft picks

Looks like the Texans are about to get a boat load of draft picks

When’s the last time a franchise quarterback was moved in his prime and under contract? This is going to be nuts!

When’s the last time a franchise quarterback was moved in his prime and under contract? This is going to be nuts!

Can’t really think of any franchise QBs being traded in the prime in recent memory.
In 1970, the Giants traded future Hall of Fame QB Fran Tarkenton to the Vikings. He went on to lead the Vikings to three Super Bowl appearances.

This may be the beginning of the NFL becoming like the NBA where star players under contract can and will demand to be traded.

I'm not sure. One on side I am not liking this move by Watson. You were given the contract you wanted and when things get rough you want out.

On the other side, the franchise is woefully inept right now and McNair has no clue what he is doing. Throw in Esterby basically running the organization with his hand picked GM and it just isn't good right now. Also you hire a coach with no previous experience of any coordinator type and just because he's a "players coach" that makes it all better?

I was done a while ago getting caught up emotionally with my local teams (Astros aside because that is nostalgia for me and my late grandfather). I'll be curious to see what they Texans get for him or if they just say tough, let him sit out, fine the hell out of him and make him play.

I'm not sure. One on side I am not liking this move by Watson. You were given the contract you wanted and when things get rough you want out.

On the other side, the franchise is woefully inept right now and McNair has no clue what he is doing. Throw in Esterby basically running the organization with his hand picked GM and it just isn't good right now. Also you hire a coach with no previous experience of any coordinator type and just because he's a "players coach" that makes it all better?

I was done a while ago getting caught up emotionally with my local teams (Astros aside because that is nostalgia for me and my late grandfather). I'll be curious to see what they Texans get for him or if they just say tough, let him sit out, fine the hell out of him and make him play.

i kinda feel the same way...he signed up for the team.

Welp all of my Texans gear is now going to Goodwill. I can't do it anymore.

Deshaun Watson is not a diva player. I understand the whole "you signed a contract" line of thinking but when your employer has a negative culture and doesn't allow you succeed then you bail. I am 95% mad at FO and 5% mad at DW4. He deserves better but the idiots in charge can't get out of their own way.

Deshaun Watson is not a diva player. I understand the whole "you signed a contract" line of thinking but when your employer has a negative culture and doesn't allow you succeed then you bail. I am 95% mad at FO and 5% mad at DW4. He deserves better but the idiots in charge can't get out of their own way.
just curious why they are "idiots"? they made a bad higher at coach...lots of teams do this. hello eagles and chip kelly. but every team wants to win and make money. pretty sure watson loved every second he signed that gigantic contract but now he doesn't like who the owner has hired....doesn't fit his whatever, so he is pouting like a diva.

best thing Houston can do is trade him for a boat load of picks and move on. no one wants a cancer in their locker room. yes he will be a cancer if they keep him now. he will turn the locker room against the new coach and gm.

just curious why they are "idiots"? they made a bad higher at coach...lots of teams do this. hello eagles and chip kelly. but every team wants to win and make money. pretty sure watson loved every second he signed that gigantic contract but now he doesn't like who the owner has hired....doesn't fit his whatever, so he is pouting like a diva.

best thing Houston can do is trade him for a boat load of picks and move on. no one wants a cancer in their locker room. yes he will be a cancer if they keep him now. he will turn the locker room against the new coach and gm.
I have said it before and I will say it again. If they trade Watson then no quality Free Agent will sign with Houston for a long time. You can't trade Brown, Clowney, Hopkins, Watson, and Watt (rumor) and expect top notch free agents to want to join your team.

They are idiots because they created a problem at LT by trading Brown. They then threw a bunch of draft picks at trying to pick up another LT that isn't as good as the one that left. Brown wanted to talk about his contract a year early, not the biggest sin ever. Then when they got trade happy they let Clowney go for nothing because they got played by the system. The Hopkins trade needs no explanation. The owner promised DW4 input then ignored that promise once Easterby was scared for his job.

The fact that you would think that DW4 is a cancer in the locker room is actually quite sad. You have no proof of that, and in fact most players agree with what DW4 is doing. The players were on Duane Brown's side in Houston as well. The players know they only have so many years to make money and don't get in the way of other players getting what they deserve. DW4 is being a leader to show that the culture in the Houston front office is toxic.

You can come be a Bucs fan with me. It only took twenty years, but we're back. For this year. Who knows if Brady is going to stay or take someone else to prom next year. That's what our season was. It was like on of those high school movies where the popular kids pick on the ugly girl and make one of their own promise to take her to prom, and then he ends up falling for her and they have a great time and he realizes how much better off he is without those losers that were holding him back in Foxborough... I mean... Yeah, come on and be a Bucs fan.

A corollary to that is a situation a buddy of mine in Pittsburgh described. He said there were no hockey fans there! There are Penguins fans! If the Penguins don't make the playoffs, or get bounced out, there is absolutely NO hockey talk!

Exactly! They've wasted Watson's career so far! And it doesn't look like it's going to get better anytime soon.

why do you think bienemy didn't get a head coaching job? bad interviews? doesn't come prepared? looks lost?

Well, that's because your boy, Tomlin, wouldn't want Watson on his team even if they could get him.... because he's not from the DMV.... :rolleyes:
But they can’t get him, so I’m not sure what you’re spun up about 🤔

Watson and Stafford look to be on the move this off-season. Possibly Wentz and maybe a few other QBs. Going to be a crazy off-season.

If S. Bradford back in the day was worth a 1st and Garopolo worth a second, can’t imagine the boat load of picks Houston gets for Watson.

Back