chile

Working with Mercury
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Welp...it’ll be here soon enough. Might as well start talking about hopes, dreams and other NFL’ery

Vince McMahon's XFL will be starting soon, as he'd doing the same thing again and expecting a different result.

Wouldn't it be easier to put all of that money in a big pile and set it on fire?

Vince McMahon's XFL will be starting soon, as he'd doing the same thing again and expecting a different result.

Wouldn't it be easier to put all of that money in a big pile and set it on fire?

yeah, I’m not sure what he was thinking...then again, maybe all their research indicates the CFL isn’t enough "extra" football?

XFL is expected to lose $400 million its first 3 years. It won’t make it 3 months. we have a team and I have absolutely no desire to watch the equivalent of a “semi pro” league that plays on Saturday mornings at various local high schools around town.

For the first time in a while i'm cautiously optimistic about the Redskins chances going forward. It'll take a few years to be really competitive but hopefully they're on the right track now.

I didn't watch any shows post-superbowl...apparently, there's enough chatter that people (fans...maybe some commentators) think Jimmy G is not the answer at QB. while I wasn't a fan of the deal he got, I think the 9ers could have fared far worse and I think he is only going to get better...and even if this is his "peak", I think it's enough to keep them a competitive team in Shanahan's offense...

I didn't watch any shows post-superbowl...apparently, there's enough chatter that people (fans...maybe some commentators) think Jimmy G is not the answer at QB. while I wasn't a fan of the deal he got, I think the 9ers could have fared far worse and I think he is only going to get better...and even if this is his "peak", I think it's enough to keep them a competitive team in Shanahan's offense...
The 49ers would save 22 million dollars of they walk away from Jimmy G. I seriously doubt they make this move but you never know what the Gm and owner are thinking.

If they did they would be a prime spot for TB12.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The 49ers would save 22 million dollars of they walk away from Jimmy G. I seriously doubt they make this move but you never know what the Gm and owner are thinking.

if he had time in the pocket and didn't have to scramble, i'd be okay with that but Tom isn't quite that nimble...credentials and IQ are tremendous but time is NOT on his side.

if he had time in the pocket and didn't have to scramble, i'd be okay with that but Tom isn't quite that nimble...credentials and IQ are tremendous but time is NOT on his side.
I agree but owners who want to win sometimes can be very shortsighted.

Brady actually moves very well IN the pocket.

If a team thinks they are a QB away they might make a run.

Put Brady on the Bears with that defense and they instantly become a contender or say Brees retires. I still think Oakland and La are the 2 most likely spots. I find it interesting the Gmen have interest.

At this point I'd take Jimmy over TB.

I don't care where Brady goes as long as it's not to Tennessee!

I was telling a buddy of mine (earlier in the season) that while the 9ers D was/is very good, they were susceptible to the run AND giving up late game scores...I hope they can fix that.

TB will be a Charger next year!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

If you have Amazon Prime and like Hard Knocks, you’ll love All or Nothing the a Philadelphia Eagles.

This is a great behind the scenes show that also brings the city into the show. I think the Phila fans are not as bad as they portray, but we are not an easy city to play in if things are not going great. That’s for sure. But, if you win you will be loved forever.

Philip Rivers - is he still a viable qb for a needy team that has a line?

I always liked Rivers, but I think he is done as a starting QB. If he were willing to take a backup role for a team with a young QB and help teach him the game and the reads during the game like a second QB coach, I think he could have a nice backup career as Mark Brunell did. I doubt he would be interested in that.

I always liked Rivers, but I think he is done as a starting QB. If he were willing to take a backup role for a team with a young QB and help teach him the game and the reads during the game like a second QB coach, I think he could have a nice backup career as Mark Brunell did. I doubt he would be interested in that.

‘I’ve always liked him as well...wish he coulda put it all together for an SB run...I, too, doubt he wants to be a back-up

As a Lions fan, this is our version of the playoff hype, Mock Draft season.

I agree but owners who want to win sometimes can be very shortsighted.

Brady actually moves very well IN the pocket.

If a team thinks they are a QB away they might make a run.

Put Brady on the Bears with that defense and they instantly become a contender or say Brees retires. I still think Oakland and La are the 2 most likely spots. I find it interesting the Gmen have interest.

Local talk is no interest in Brady. Raiders on the other hand, they are talking lots.

Greg Olsen is signing with the Seahawks.

I think so. He could be a great fit in Indy if they add some talent at the skill positions. Feels like it's been about a decade since he played behind a good line.

For the first time in a while i'm cautiously optimistic about the Redskins chances going forward. It'll take a few years to be really competitive but hopefully they're on the right track now.
Sorry Ghost21, I don't mean to laugh. I really don't. But you've got Ron Rivera as your coach. Hopefully he changed from what he was at Carolina and your team will be better for it. Good luck this season(y)

Sorry Ghost21, I don't mean to laugh. I really don't. But you've got Ron Rivera as your coach. Hopefully he changed from what he was at Carolina and your team will be better for it. Good luck this season(y)

I'm sure he's got his issues, but from where we were it's a massive upgrade. And that's not specifically about Rivera, a big part is the removal of Allen and the training staff.

From an outside perspective Rivera seemed to do a pretty good job in Carolina though? Consistent progress from when he started until the SB run, things only started to fall apart when Cam did and even then it's not to the depths the Redskins have been.

We just had a nice twenty-year run.
Now, football may in for a slow period in these parts.

Back