Oh boy 😳

Not surprised. I hope this was not a reaction to the last game he coached and more about the body of work. He lost this team and never had a plan to get them back on track. It sucks because injuries derailed any consistent success they could have had.

bye Doug

Oh boy 😳
While I am not surprised and generally pleased as a fan if the firing is due to his loss of a power struggle with Roseman that will be worse for the Eagles. Roseman is by far the bigger issue as to why the Eagles have faded from a strong Super Bowl caliber team to the 4-11-1 team they are today. He has mismanaged the cap and completely missed on too many of his draft picks to warrant retaining his job. Peterson was not a good offensive coordinator in my opinion, but I thought he was a decent head coach. He just wouldn't see his limitations and hire accordingly.

I have said I think Wentz or Peterson needed to go this year and it is possible that after speaking with other teams the Eagles just felt they couldn't get any trade offers for Wentz and thus will be keeping him. There is still going to be the issue of Hurts.

While I doubt the Eagles have much of a chance to hire Eric Bieniemy, but he would be my top choice. He would demand respect and comes from a strong coaching staff. Peterson came from the staff, so I could see why the Eagles don't go that route.

While I am not surprised and generally pleased as a fan if the firing is due to his loss of a power struggle with Roseman that will be worse for the Eagles. Roseman is by far the bigger issue as to why the Eagles have faded from a strong Super Bowl caliber team to the 4-11-1 team they are today. He has mismanaged the cap and completely missed on too many of his draft picks to warrant retaining his job. Peterson was not a good offensive coordinator in my opinion, but I thought he was a decent head coach. He just wouldn't see his limitations and hire accordingly.

I have said I think Wentz or Peterson needed to go this year and it is possible that after speaking with other teams the Eagles just felt they couldn't get any trade offers for Wentz and thus will be keeping him. There is still going to be the issue of Hurts.

While I doubt the Eagles have much of a chance to hire Eric Bieniemy, but he would be my top choice. He would demand respect and comes from a strong coaching staff. Peterson came from the staff, so I could see why the Eagles don't go that route.
Howie made some unfortunate decisions. You figure with Wentz/Hurts, Sanders, Goedert, and Reagor(?) they have their core of offensive skill players. I will be interested to see who they target to replace Pederson.

Wentz & Hurts for DeShaun? :LOL:

Wentz & Hurts for DeShaun? :LOL:

Houston needs draft picks more than a high priced QB in return. I could see Houston trading with the Jets who have four first round picks (two each in 2021 and 2022).

The first thing the new head coach and Roseman (if he is staying) need to do is make a final decision on the QB. I don't think Wentz can play at his optimal if Hurts is here. Look, Philly is a tough place to play and having the fans clamor for the backup is something Wentz just doesn't seem to have the will to excel thru. If the Eagles want to go Wentz (I don't like the fact that he can't take the pressure of a strong backup) they have to trade Hurts. I do believe you can get a 1st round pick for Hurts and maybe more. If going with Hurts then you trade Wentz. I still contend you can get at least a 3rd round pick for Wentz. It's pennies on the dollar, but that is where he is at this point.

You knew Pedersen was out in Philly...was this in hopes of upper management retaining Wentz?

Sounds like a great trade to me. But then in my opinion any trade that keeps Deshaun Watson out of the AFC and particularly the AFC East would be a great trade.

He can go to Jacksonville, in essence for another Clemson Quarterback (younger and cheaper). But, the Jets have the first round picks (theirs and Seattle's) in 21 and 22.

You knew Pedersen was out in Philly...was this in hopes of upper management retaining Wentz?
Maybe they think it's easier to find a new coach of Pederson's caliber or better than finding a QB of Wentz's caliber or better.

Houston needs draft picks more than a high priced QB in return. I could see Houston trading with the Jets who have four first round picks (two each in 2021 and 2022).
That would be a perfect jets move...trade your whole future away for a guy that wants to win now and cost 40 mil a year. And you can't build the team through the draft since you traded all of them away. I could not think of a worse move for a team like the jets or jacksonville.

Add in the fact that since things aren't going the way he likes he is complaining and trying to get traded. Wait till he's a jet...lol

That would be a perfect jets move...trade your whole future away for a guy that wants to win now and cost 40 mil a year. And you can't build the team through the draft since you traded all of them away. I could not think of a worse move for a team like the jets or jacksonville.

Add in the fact that since things aren't going the way he likes he is complaining and trying to get traded. Wait till he's a jet...lol

I suggested the Jets because they have the 4 first round picks over the next two drafts and #2 this year, they could use a franchise QB, and they have so much cap room it's not going to hurt them to pay Watson who, I think, is under contract until the end of 23.

You are stuck on Watson complaining for some reason. When your boss tells you they are going to include your input into the decision and takes it back that is a problem. Also the Texans can't just put a want ad out to get a new franchise QB. It took them 15 years to get this one. Also if you have a disgruntled employee then the already thin pool of players that is available gets cut further. Add to the mix that Duane Brown, Jadeveon Clowney, and Deandre Hopkins (VP of public relations fired as well) all had issues with the front office and that list of players that want to play in Houston goes down even further. The problem here isn't Deshaun Watson, the problem here is the toxic culture in the front office.

If you can't get players to want to stay or sign in FA and have no draft picks then what kind of team are you going to field?

Every remaining NFC QB is older than every remaining AFC QB

EDIT: Assuming Goff is still the LAR starter (thumb.)

Last edited:
Every remaining NFC QB is older than every remaining AFC QB

EDIT: Assuming Goff is still the LAR starter (thumb.)
Isn’t Tom Brady still playing?

Edit: N/M my dyslexia got the better of me 😒

You are stuck on Watson complaining for some reason. When your boss tells you they are going to include your input into the decision and takes it back that is a problem. Also the Texans can't just put a want ad out to get a new franchise QB. It took them 15 years to get this one. Also if you have a disgruntled employee then the already thin pool of players that is available gets cut further. Add to the mix that Duane Brown, Jadeveon Clowney, and Deandre Hopkins (VP of public relations fired as well) all had issues with the front office and that list of players that want to play in Houston goes down even further. The problem here isn't Deshaun Watson, the problem here is the toxic culture in the front office.

If you can't get players to want to stay or sign in FA and have no draft picks then what kind of team are you going to field?
Not stuck on it but it is a big deal to me. Complaining from that position is not the norm. It usually comes from diva wr'. Does that mean he us a diva? Maybe

Good to know he wasn’t over the legal limit, but clearly still some poor decision making.

I like Ryan Clark. 😬

All of Cleveland has to be hung over right now, yeah? :ROFLMAO:

Going to get boat raced by the Chiefs, but still, BIG win for the franchise.

I was not yet awake when you posted this! A good morning to sleep in!

:rolleyes:

I hope they win, I’ll always root for Baker even when your fan base wanted to get rid of him earlier this season, he’s a winner.

But they’re about to hit a buzz saw. Hope I’m wrong, but that defense cannot stop Mahommes.

I have to agree. Big difference between Mahomes and a washed up Big Ben!

Wonder if they talked to the Colts and Frank Reich? Reich and Wentz work! As for the cap hit the Eagles would take, Wentz could make that go away. Write them a check to cover it, and move to Indianapolis!

I like Ryan Clark. 😬

Who the heck is Justin Price, and who is the picture of the Steeler player of? I checked their website, and can find no one by that name on their roster. As far as the Browns getting "clapped" next week, you got a "standing O" this week from the Browns!

Who the heck is Justin Price, and who is the picture of the Steeler player of? I checked their website, and can find no one by that name on their roster.

Justin Price wasn’t the player. He’s just some rando who published the video. Claypool is the player (WR) who said it this afternoon.

Back