The waiting because of a SB run is a reasonable concern. So is a reluctance to hire the hot OC because he has the hot QB. Concerns about the Andy Reid coaching tree? I've read in more than one place that Reid and his tree are considered the most influential of the recent era.

The possibility that Bieniemy may not be hired as a HC was being discussed on ESPN Radio this morning. The one question they were tossing around was does he really want any of these jobs or perhaps he may be the heir apparent to Reid in KC if he stays.

Maybe he would want to stay as the OC for the Mahomes led Chiefs as opposed to coaching one of the putrid franchises in the league.

The waiting because of a SB run is a reasonable concern. So is a reluctance to hire the hot OC because he has the hot QB. Concerns about the Andy Reid coaching tree? I've read in more than one place that Reid and his tree are considered the most influential of the recent era.

Much better than the Belichick tree!

What are the Eagles going to do with Wentz? His cap # is Massive 59 million if they trade or cut him.
either way they are paying him alot of money to be a backup unless they are going to sit Hurts for another year but I doubt the players would
be happy about that.
By firing Peterson, I believe the Eagles are going with Wentz and likely to see what the market is on Hurts. Laurie kept talking about both Wentz and Sudfield. He never even mentioned Hurts.

By firing Peterson, I believe the Eagles are going with Wentz and likely to see what the market is on Hurts. Laurie kept talking about both Wentz and Sudfield. He never even mentioned Hurts.
There's an indictment right there if ever there was one... when the front office mentions 2 of the 3 players at a position it doesn't bode well.

Steelers announce they are not renewing the contracts of three assistant coaches:
  • Randy Fichtner, offensive coordinator
  • Shaun Sarrett, offensive line coach
  • Tom Bradley, defensive backs coach
Interesting for a few reasons:
  • this is typical for the Steelers, They don't fire, they just do not renew.
  • the speed with which these happened, so soon after the season, is atypical
  • The Fichtner termination must have been painful for MT, because their close relationship predates Fichtner joining the Steelers staff in 2007.
  • Probably an indication a message has been delivered to Tomlin as well

Last edited:
Steelers announce they are not renewing the contracts of three assistant coaches:
  • Randy Fichtner, offensive coordinator
  • Shaun Sarrett, offensive line coach
  • Tom Bradley, defensive backs coach
Interesting for a few reasons:
  • this is typical for the Steelers, They don't fire, they just do not renew.
  • the speed with which these happened, so soon after the season, is atypical
  • The Fichtner termination must have been painful for MT, because their close relationship predates Fichtner joining the Steelers staff in 2007.
  • Probably an indication a message has been delivered to Tomlin as well
Get back to 3 yards and a cloud of dust?

OL has only regressed since Mike Munchak left, and it’s taken the offense with it.

OL has only regressed since Mike Munchak left, and it’s taken the offense with it.
bigger question is what they do with Big Bens cap hit of $41 million dollars lol

Ben and Pouncey both have said they would go out together. Ben also claimed to be very close to Fichtner. If Ben and Pouncey retire in 2021, they will still count almost $30 MM against the cap between them. A Steelers beat reporter has said he thinks Pouncey is going to retire, based on more than just intuition. Does Ben want to learn an entire new offense for just one year?

They generally have been loyal to their stars (but see: Troy Polamalu.) But I don't think the Steelers are exactly rolling out a welcome mat for Number 7. Ben, however, has 41 million reasons to come back.

What are the Eagles going to do with Wentz? His cap # is Massive 59 million if they trade or cut him.
either way they are paying him alot of money to be a backup unless they are going to sit Hurts for another year but I doubt the players would
be happy about that.
Wentz will look good in a Patriots uniform... :unsure:

Ben and Pouncey both have said they would go out together. Ben also claimed to be very close to Fichtner. If Ben and Pouncey retire in 2021, they will still count almost $30 MM against the cap between them. A Steelers beat reporter has said he thinks Pouncey is going to retire, based on more than just intuition. Does Ben want to learn an entire new offense for just one year?

They generally have been loyal to their stars (but see: Troy Polamalu.) But I don't think the Steelers are exactly rolling out a welcome mat for Number 7. Ben, however, has 41 million reasons to come back.

Too much money on the table for him to walk away regardless of what Pouncey does or the departure of Fichtner

Sources out of Jacksonville are stating that a deal between the Jaguars & Urban Meyer will be announced sooner than later.

100% .... Munchak is sorely missed and since his departure Stillers rank in bottom 7 in rush attach over those 3 years. When looking at current personnel (minus Pouncey as I expect him to be done) I wonder if zone scheme would be a better option with that younger group, DeCastro excluded.
Of course you need a RB who's gonna see a hole and stick his foot in the group and get up field for those 3 yards and a cloud of turf pellets

Sources out of Jacksonville are stating that a deal between the Jaguars & Urban Meyer will be announced sooner than later.

This will be interesting to see unfold.... a coach who allegedly stepped away from coaching because for the overall toll on his health.... Has this dude seen what Belichick looks like week in and week out during the season? I don't think he sleeps more than 3-4 hours a day for 5 months straight

I remember when I said that and someone said "why are you saying Baker is no good". :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Buffalo, Cleveland and GB give days to their QB to throw. Its marvelous to watch.

This will be interesting to see unfold.... a coach who allegedly stepped away from coaching because for the overall toll on his health.... Has this dude seen what Belichick looks like week in and week out during the season? I don't think he sleeps more than 3-4 hours a day for 5 months straight
Not once but twice stepped away from coaching. Being a local Jacksonville resident I’m not excited about the coaching coach. It might as well be that I dislike him for owning my Wolverines for so many years.

Some chatter behind the scenes about the Steelers trying to rework Ben's contract for a final payout

Not once but twice stepped away from coaching. Being a local Jacksonville resident I’m not excited about the coaching coach. It might as well be that I dislike him for owning my Wolverines for so many years.
Ha, Go Blue!!! At least we have whats looking like a great basketball team!!!

Some chatter behind the scenes about the Steelers trying to rework Ben's contract for a final payout
Well. They are going to be willing to pay him $41 mil next season lol. Shouldn’t surprise anyone

If anybody can do it, it's Omar Khan. What I have heard thus far is the only way to do that is to extend him, and the Steelers are supposedly reluctant to do that. If they can figure out a way to pay him without putting them in cap heck, I can see it happening.

Last edited:
Long-tenured Steeler TE coach James Daniel is retiring. That's four coaches gone - a lot of turnover for that organization. I may be wrong, but I still think this was an all-in year for them because they knew it was one of at most two years that the window would be open. Before it's over, this could be the closest thing to a teardown we will have seen here in 50 years.

If anybody can do it, it's Omar Khan. What I have heard thus far is the only way to do that is to extend him, and the Steelers are supposedly reluctant to do that. If they can figure out a way to pay him without putting them in cap heck, I can see it happening.

They are currently screwed in cap space.
From what I was told this morning, Ben and the team are meeting for a cash buyout if he decides to leave which would amount to a reworked deal that is a two year extension, but frees up dead money.

Back