Eli and Ben both have 2 Super Bowl wins. They are both auto in the HOF. Maybe not first ballot, but will get in.

Rivers has some good numbers and will eventually get in as well. However, with Brees retiring this year as well, I don't expect Rivers to get in the same year. He will also have to wait a bit. But I think all three (Ben, Eli, and Rivers) get into the HOF. Talk about a great QB draft class.
Agreed I think they all get in, and based on the numbers and longevity I really don't have an issue with it. I think super bowls are a touch overrated in determining HOF status though. Again it's not tennis, no one is winning the SB with one guy. When you get into winning several I can see how that might start to add. But Eli was probably less responsible than the D line for both of his, though he was good those two years in the playoffs. Peyton's second was all defense, and Ben's first was all defense.

My point is that they all get there on numbers, Eli being the most marginal (I think without looking at overall numbers) because while he was pretty good, he was never great. The argument could be made that the others all were great for multiple years. I know that the voters will put too much onus on the SB wins and that makes your prediction likely to happen. I just think Rivers was better than both Ben or Eli, and doesn't carry the baggage that Ben does. I wonder though if the voters will punish Ben, similarly to how they did TO. TO was just a jerk while Ben had some serious allegations against him.

Cool story that I just heard about Phillip Rivers.

JJ Watt shared that Rivers told a LB for the Texans that he was lined up incorrectly for a blitz that they were about to run and he was correct. Some just get the game!

Wow...that was interesting...question is do we ever see Philip Rivers in the HOF?

i think so but i don't know that it happens his first try...

Rivers and the HOF is a tough sell to me. I looked at the 26 modern era QB's in the hall now (Link) and I can maybe see him at the bottom of that list. He could not be higher than Dan Fouts in my opinion. Then you have to look at who else could be added to that list in the next few years. Brady, Brees, Rogers, Peyton, Big Ben, Eli. You can't put everyone in. Brady, Brees, Rogers, and Peyton are guaranteed.

Rivers and the HOF is a tough sell to me. I looked at the 26 modern era QB's in the hall now (Link) and I can maybe see him at the bottom of that list. He could not be higher than Dan Fouts in my opinion. Then you have to look at who else could be added to that list in the next few years. Brady, Brees, Rogers, Peyton, Big Ben, Eli. You can't put everyone in. Brady, Brees, Rogers, and Peyton are guaranteed.
with the list you link he cracks the top 20....maybe top 15. his yards, td's get him in alone and then add in the games he played in a row and he should be a shoo-in

I have never liked Rivers; he seems to whine and ask for calls more than any QB I recall. That said, I think he is a HoF QB.

I will miss Rivers mic’d up. How the dude never curses is beyond me!

cough cough.....

My Steelers news app says PIT is interviewing Hue Jackson for the OC position and are hosting a visit with former WFT QB Dwayne Haskins.

I hope this is simply due diligence.

My Steelers news app says PIT is interviewing Hue Jackson for the OC position and are hosting a visit with former WFT QB Dwayne Haskins.

I hope this is simply due diligence.
Haskins signed...

Excuse me while I retch. Just the kind of clubhouse guy they need.

A team losing lots of veterans to FA needs to bring in some character guys.

I believe in redemption, and I believe he may be able to clean up his act. And I'm not a football talent expert. But I guess I don't see the risk/reward here.

I believe in redemption, and I believe he may be able to clean up his act. And I'm not a football talent expert. But I guess I don't see the risk/reward here.

He and Tomlin have the same agent. I don't know if that means anything.

He and Tomlin have the same agent. I don't know if that means anything.

And Haskins and Tomlin both hail from the "DMV" (DC-Maryland-Virginia.) Tomlin admits to following players from that area.

I don't like the move by pitt...makes zero sense. Haskins will never be pitts qb when Ben retires so why bring him in?

I don't like the move by pitt...makes zero sense. Haskins will never be pitts qb when Ben retires so why bring him in?

I agree. It seems to be a thing with Colbert. Here is a list of first round QBs he has signed with the Steelers since 2000:

Tommy Maddox
Byron Leftwich
Michael Vick
Paxton Lynch
Dwayne Haskins

They only have two QBs under contract after March. Worst case, I guess, is they cut him after preseason - if there is one.

He could be viewed as an $850k lottery ticket.

Patrick Mahomes has cleared concussion protocol and will play Sunday in the AFC Championship game.

Reactions: J4U
Patrick Mahomes has cleared concussion protocol and will play Sunday in the AFC Championship game.
Didn't think it would be an issue and glad he passed the tests. Never thought he had a concussion as he was probably almost choked out with that take down. Brachial Stun more than likely.

Last edited:
This is interesting regarding Watson and what it would take if a team trade for him

“They’ll likely ask for at least three first-round picks, a second, a third and a later round pick,”

Jets and Dolphins are the top destinations since he has a no trade clause

Lions actively shooting Stafford. Do you think Stafford has anything left in the tank? He's only 32 but has taken a beating the last couple of years

Lions actively shooting Stafford. Do you think Stafford has anything left in the tank? He's only 32 but has taken a beating the last couple of years
I think Stafford is a good coach and front office away from being a playoff QB. I don't think 32 is that big of a deal.

Wow I thought he was older than that! Maybe a change of scenery would do him some good.

This is interesting regarding Watson and what it would take if a team trade for him

“They’ll likely ask for at least three first-round picks, a second, a third and a later round pick,”

So basically get Watson & sit out the next 2/3 drafts? No thanks.

I really like Watson, but way too rich for my blood. I am not sure Rodgers is worth that much maybe Mahomes.

Back