Brady is the GOAT. But if Mahomes plays as long and avoids injury, it will be fun to follow his career and see how close he comes to Brady or surpasses.
Mahomes is soo stupidly talented. As a Bills fan (if you hadn't guessed lol) it's a bummer cuz we finally got a QB, but we'll have a real hard time ever getting by Mahomes.

I thought it was a good game. It got chippy and I am obviously biased, but I don’t think either team is “dirty.” I am looking forward to seeing the Super Bowl matchup. Have a great night, THP!

Mahomes is soo stupidly talented. As a Bills fan (if you hadn't guessed lol) it's a bummer cuz we finally got a QB, but we'll have a real hard time ever getting by Mahomes.
It's crazy. Allen is elite and it feels like what just happened is inevitable. If I am Watson there's no way I am asking to be traded to another AFC team. I am going to the NFC and roll the dice that another AFC team takes Mahomes and KC out.

It's crazy. Allen is elite and it feels like what just happened is inevitable. If I am Watson there's no way I am asking to be traded to another AFC team. I am going to the NFC and roll the dice that another AFC team takes Mahomes and KC out.
Yup, Mahomes barring disaster going to rule the AFC for years to come.

No elite QB would ever think that way. Elite athletes think they can beat their opponents in anything. To be the best they know they have to beat the best. They relish the challenge.

Ya it was a penalty, but to call the Chiefs dirty after what the Bill's did. That is hilarious. I didn't see any Chiefs slamming people to the ground or almost throwing punches. Can see your moral compass aligns with who your rooting for.
The Bills protected their quarterback. Multiple cheap shots byKC. And “almost throwing punches” what would you call the sucker punch Chris Jones threw for example if not dirty . Dont want to argue but there were multiple dirty plays . And i called it for what it was. Pretty sure many neutral observers would agree. Multiple dirty cheap shots. Pretty sure sucker punches qualify as dirty.

Yup, Mahomes barring disaster going to rule the AFC for years to come.
I feel like in 6 years it will be shocking if he isn't at 3 rings or more have been in 4 or 5 of the Super Bowls. I know things change quick but it feels like he's set up for a big run with the current team.

No elite QB would ever think that way. Elite athletes think they can beat their opponents in anything. To be the best they know they have to beat the best. They relish the challenge.
I mean, yeah, but I'd rather relish the challenge in the Super Bowl than before it.

Chris Jones handled himself with much more composure when “the hummer” fell out in the 40 at the combine than he did on the field today.

What a great 5 months for Tampa sports, the Stanley Cup, the Rays in the World Series and the Bucs in the Super Bowl.

It's such a weapon and he doesn't worry me cuz he's not seeking contact. He usually gets down or OB in time to avoid the hits.
Weapon is definitely the right word! Just bad luck the last two years. Hopefully no more of that!

message to andy reid:

if you find yourself 2nd and goal on the 1 to win your 2nd straight superbowl beating tom brady, just run the ******* ball

Last edited:
The NFL is kinda crazy. It’s such a team sport, but in general only a couple of QBs have controlled who won or loss. For most of the 2000s it’s been Brady. I think this is what his 14th or 15th Championship game and coming up what his 9th or so Super Bowl? He moves to the NFC and bam takes a strong Tampa team to the Super Bowl.

On the other side, we might be seeing the next Brady in Mahomes. This was his third AFC Championship in a row, going to his second Super Bowl. Are we just about to go from watching Brady win ever year to Mahomes? It sure looks like it right now.

I can’t wait for this Super Bowl. Naturally, the Eagles going a few years ago was more to me, but this Super Bowl has the makings of the passing of the torch game. A Super Classic.

Old Lion vs Young Lion.

Who is going to win.

It's such a weapon and he doesn't worry me cuz he's not seeking contact. He usually gets down or OB in time to avoid the hits.
Generally, I agree, he's great at avoiding clean contact. But hits didn't concern me, his turf-toe issue is what had me cringing.

His slippery mobility is such an effective part of his game, I didn't at all understand the risk of aggravating that injury so late in the game.

Generally, I agree, he's great at avoiding clean contact. But hits didn't concern me, his turf-toe issue is what had me cringing.

His slippery mobility is such an effective part of his game, I didn't at all understand the risk of aggravating that injury so late in the game.
My guess is whatever they shot him up with was so effective that they weren't worried about aggravating it. With two weeks to recover, and seeing how effective the shot they gave him was, they felt comfortable turning him loose a little.

What a great 5 months for Tampa sports, the Stanley Cup, the Rays in the World Series and the Bucs in the Super Bowl.
welcome to 2020 - 2021! lol

I thought the line woukd open around 7. I still think it moves to, at least, 5 before superbowl sunday

I feel like in 6 years it will be shocking if he isn't at 3 rings or more have been in 4 or 5 of the Super Bowls. I know things change quick but it feels like he's set up for a big run with the current team.

Covid causing a lower salary cap for the 2021 NFL season has made it more difficult for teams to keep their existing players and the Chiefs are not immune to this problem with the 7 highest salary Cap number for next season. They will have to find someway to make some cuts and will lose some productive players.

I thought the line woukd open around 7. I still think it moves to, at least, 5 before superbowl sunday

Stats show this as a fairly equal matchup overall, so I can see why it's at 3.5, but with this being a true home game for Tampa, if it moves to 5 that would be a big move, even for the Chiefs. Both teams have a number of weapons, but KC has a few more options. They showed that during their regular season match up, and it's been that way all season. Who do you double? Hill, Kelce? That's what the Bills did last night and Kelce was open across the middle a lot.

Obviously, Brady vs Mahomes will be the talking points, as it should be, but Tampa has a strong defensive front and KC's O-line has been banged up (lost Fisher) so we'll see.

We'll have to see if the Chiefs can sustain this into the future. Salary cap issues and concerns are going to cost them several valuable contributors. But as long as Mahomes is at QB, I feel that they will be contenders. I'm just not sure they will be the best team in the AFC. Although they will definitely have offensive firepower.

Back