Tour Event 2020 Rocket Mortgage Classic

One player over par for the tournament and it’s our boy.....Harry.

7d7fd039f9e4f31fb5a8887adbe19a67.jpg

Time to start day drinking now Harry!

the only thing is I never saw those you mentioned “talk” to a cameraman between holes to express his displeasure. It might have happened, but I don’t remember it and I would have the same stance for those players as I do for Bryson. I appreciate the passion and competitive spirit, but he has to have some understanding that his antics will attract eyes.
Without a doubt he does. Although I agree with those that say they were following him to try and see a reaction, but there it comes with the territory. I think his “differences” make him polarizing, which is a bit funny. Because it can’t be his slow play, since some of the most liked players on tour are historically slow.

Bryson is one of those guys that I want to like because of his play and his weird tendencies. But damn...his actions make him so unlikable.

Last year the score was -25.

They say they are trying to make the course harder this year. I guess we will see.
They really are not trying that hard to toughen it up. Free Press stated the Tour didn't want the greens faster than they are now. The course actually has them faster for some member events than this week. What tv can't show are the typical Donald Ross undulations. The course isn't a Putt Putt when stretched to 7400 yds. Perfect conditions+ no wind + great players = great scores.

Champ making some $$ today with a nice early round

Im not sure I would agree on the Reed comparison. Even after the Masters won Reed wasn’t the big star of Bryson currently. He is all they talk about, and I’m often reminded how well thr main stream media covers life, those same outlets are covering golf.

I think the microscope is large right now and he does things differently. Golfers are notrorious for being against change, but on course I see very little attitude difference between the likes of him Tiger, Spieth and many others.
I'm not sure I agree on the Reed comparison either. To me, the biggest difference is that Reed knows he's an a-hole and couldn't care less what other people think about it. He'll act the same whether he knows the cameras are covering him or not, he doesn't even pretend to be anything but what he is. Bryson certainly isn't afraid to be different, but he's more conscious of his public image and is trying to selectively protect his image/brand. I think that latter part is the sticking point - if you don't want to be considered an a-hole, don't act like an a-hole.

Tiger didn't care about what the cameras covered because he saw himself as above everybody else, and knew that he had the undying, fanatical adoration of the media (Chamblee being the one exception) and fans no matter what he did. He was unapologetically himself and totally comfortable with it. There probably won't ever be anybody who gets a free pass like him again.

exactly. The fact he’s putting this on the cameraman as hurting his “brand” says more about accountability, or lack thereof, than anything else.
Hulk Mad! Hulk want smash cameraman but Hulk not want to get suspended!

I’m rooting for Armour today

If I clean my clubs while watching some final round golf, that counts as housework right?

Obviously.
Well then I’ve had a productive morning with more to come this afternoon! Just need to resist the urge to mimic Wolff’s swing while I’ve got the clubs in the living room in front of the TV.

What the hell is with the awkward ass desk setup for Lerner and Wilson?

Man that pin on 1 is baaaack there

Everyone coming up short on 1 and leaving that birdie attempt really short

I don’t have a problem with someone acting like a dick but I have a problem with someone acting like a dick then complaining that people have seen it and people will get the wrong impression of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Harsh article but a great read. Thanks for sharing.

Really big fan of the hat Matsumaya’s Srixon hat. White with the yellow Srixon

Bold, but not too much

Oh Hovy....that’s not good.

Really big fan of the hat Matsumaya’s Srixon hat. White with the yellow Srixon

Bold, but not too much

The announcers are big fans as well. Critiquing his entire outfit.

What range balls are provided for these guys at the tournaments?

Webb with a good look

Nice shot by Webb into 2

Harsh article but a great read. Thanks for sharing.

There is a bit of history with some of these “writers” and Bryson so much of it isn’t surprising. 😃

Back