2020 Srixon Q-STAR TOUR Golf Balls

It sounds more and more like it fits their ball line up where the Z-Star SL was in the line up.

I don't even remember that particular model. I honestly don't see a lot of Srixon balls, besides the cheap Soft Feels, being used at my home course in the south GA sticks.

Nice write up Dean. I have played the QST for quite a while. I just bought 6 dozen in December. It will be a while before I try the new version, but it certainly peeks my interest. The QST has always been a quality ball for me. Always a great price.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

As someone who plays the Q Star Tour and has a couple dozen leftover from last season ready for use this season, I'm very interested in this updated version. I'll probably try the newer version sometime this year.

The QST is in my wheelhouse of golf balls that I use. This will be a ball that I will continue to use. The added changes will make it that much better.

This was always one of my favorite offerings from Srixon. This will definitely go through the paces at some point. (y)

I really enjoyed the previous version, and look forward to this one. If there is more spin that will be helpful around the green. Bonus for continuing it in yellow.

Good write up @ddec

Interesting everyone is upping the hardness of their softest premium balls all of the sudden.

Good write up @ddec

Interesting everyone is upping the hardness of their softest premium balls all of the sudden.

not as much about changing the hardness as it is changing the core from the old energetic gradient core to the newer fastlayer construction seen in the Z star. It's still a low compression ball that sits below their Z-star lines. The old core still was softer on the inside and harder on the outer rim. This reacts a bit differently and is larger.

Srixon's BOGO sales make these a steal! Best ball available dollar for dollar! Great write up!

This is spot on. I think their balls at full retail are a great buy for the performance they provide, then when you throw in the BOGO sales that happen it makes all Srixon balls an absolute steal (I almost feel bad getting them for that good of a price haha).

My fav ball for your average golfer. This is my first recommendation in many many situations.

I really liked the Z-Stars and played them for a year or two. I will have to give these a try in the Spring.

Nice intro to the ball. QST's have been pretty popular with THP'ers in general I think and this looks like a decent upgrade.

My plan for this year is to try both the QST and the Z-Star XV to see if the Z works better with my swing speeds.

Big fan of this Golf ball and still have a sleeve of these to use but of course the write-up has me intrigued because it didn't have the same zip or spin like the Z-Star did but it seems like it'll be getting a boost in that department. I'll for sure be getting a box of these but right now very content with playing the Z-Star. Good stuff.

Great write up Dean. I like the advancement of the ball! I play these routinely and looking forward to the new ball. The alignment and introduction to SeRM (agree need a flashier name) in this line is very much welcomed!

I love the alignment line on this one. If anything, it's not long enough!

Nice write up, Dean. What's not to like? I'm a big fan of the Srixon ball line. I played the Z-Star, Z-StarXV, and the Q-Star Tour last season. I liked all of them (though, all things being equal I lean toward the XV). As has been mentioned, from a value standpoint, I'm not sure there's a ball out there that outperforms the Q-Star Tour (when you add in the BOGO sales, it's flat out unbeatable). Add in the performance improvements and it's a no brainer.

I'm not a big fan of the price bump but I understand it and it certainly wouldn't keep me from buying more. I bought some of the Bridgestone e12 softs last year at full retail ($29.99) from a shop that did some lie checks for me for free (I figured that the least I could do when the guy told me "No charge", was to buy a dozen balls). In that price range, even last year's Q-Star Tours outperformed that ball by miles (for me). Sounds like Srixon has another winner on their hands this year.

Great information! The year of the ball has started.. I have a feeling there will be a lot of ball testing going on this year!

I've been playing Srixon lately and this ball is a steal at that price point. Will definitely give these a try soon.

Man, it seems like QST just got an update...anyway, I love to see Srixon continue to improve this line, even at a price bump. If I ever get through my stock of balls, I'd definitely try a few of these.

Arguably the best Urethane ball on the market for that price point. If the spin issue is addressed, I can see this ball performing well for those that have played previous versions.

QST, Great ball. It appears they have the same yellow as the soft feel, not the sparkly yellow of the prior gen qst. Any word on it's compression?

QST, Great ball. It appears they have the same yellow as the soft feel, not the sparkly yellow of the prior gen qst. Any word on it's compression?

Looks sparkly to me. D539DD21-5EF9-4AB7-9FB4-CDF5BC61D38A.jpeg

If you don’t try this ball you are doing a disservice to yourself. The last iteration was great.

Exactly. On course performance for the previous QST was beyond good enough to keep it in the bag. I like LM stuff esp to compare things. But on-course is where I really need something to work.

My plan is to do a side by side here soon. Currently on baby watch so getting out for a couple of hours or so is a bit tough right now.

These are probably the best value for dollar, ball-wise. There are balls I like more than the QST, but they're all $10/doz+ more.

And yeah, I'm not sure testing golf balls is a valid reason to miss that. Good luck!

Back