2020 Swing Grips - Your Poison

Officially going old school this year, GP Tour Velvet CORRRRRRDDDSSSSS

X Line Connect Full Cord in the CC grips

I've just regripped my clubs with the Lamkin Sonar + Wrap and am enjoying them so far. Even had a playing partner pick up a club for me the other day and mention how tacky the new grips are. Looking forward to seeing how they hold up when it gets nice and humid down here this summer.

I’ve bounced around with different grips And sizes over the last 2 years. This year I’m sticking with the Golf Pride MCC midsize and using 3 full wraps. I like the cord at the stop for the stability it provides for a sometimes sweaty hand. In addition, the cord at the top helps to prevent the slip and twist when getting out of the rough. Last year I Started to play mcc with 2 wraps under bottom hand then switched to 3 wraps under the bottom. I tried the plus mcc plus 4 but felt the bottom was too big and I like the feel of a slight taper.

With new driver and fairway trying the stock align grip. Never used align before and these are pretty close to my favored tour velvet. Takes away one little thing to overthink with the big dogs.

Just installed them today...mid-size Tour Velvet Plus 4’s.

debating cross comforts vs dri-tac grips or both. dri-tac with irons and cc for the woods. looking for a fair price and something with shock absorption.

Ordered my new irons, wedges, and 3w with the Tour Velvet +4.
Dropped off my driver shaft, and hybrids at the shop to have the same grips put on them.
I am all aboard the +4 grip train this year!

Tour Velvet Cords make me so so so so happy.

Lamkin UTX. Have the cords in the irons and wedges.

Woods are the cobra connect UTX which has no cord. This may not survive since I'm missing the cord feel.

No need to change grips, just rub some pine tar on them.

Good to know. I had played the SuperSoft S-Techs in the past and they wear out very quickly..go figure.

I got about 15 rounds out of the Winns before they started showing really bad wear. I put CC’s on my Hogan’s last summer and they still look new after 50+ rounds

Sonar Wrap in Standard Plus size have been treating me well.
I wish the "wrap grooves" were a little more pronounced but I'm digging them on my irons and hybrids this year.

Thinking about going tour velvet, My hands are just to soft and supple for the cords....:LOL:

I'll be staying with Tour Velvet +4 this year.

Finally replaced the irons and my 58* old stock grips with the GP MCC +4 sent to me by THP. I have the aligns on my woods but I'm thinking of switching them out for the MCC +4 because I'm happy with them on my irons. Currently waiting on replacing the wedge grips because I'm currently trying to figure out what to do as I'm wanting to make a change in that spot from my old vokeys.

No need to change grips, just rub some pine tar on them.
Only if you don’t mind the goo on everything you touch....😳

Back