CONTEST 2020 Thanksgiving Feast Giveaway

Congrats @OITW great win! You punch recipe was 🔥 gonna have to use that at Christmas 🥂

Congrats @OITW. Somehow I missed this today.

No more thanksgiving at the Dundee house
4E27DD0E-9449-4D69-A623-99BA0EFE801A.jpeg

Heck yeah @OITW! Great work.

Congrats. There was a lot of good looking food on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I woke up this morning craving something & quite couldn’t figure out what it was. Then it hit me, @GolferGal stuffing recipe.

So I made another batch & that’s what I’m having for lunch!
image.jpg

I woke up this morning craving something & quite couldn’t figure out what it was. Then it hit me, @GolferGal stuffing recipe.

So I made another batch & that’s what I’m having for lunch!
View attachment 8977089

Well that is a delicious looking stuffing... send over that recipe (yes it was a light skim of the thread.)

Well that is a delicious looking stuffing... send over that recipe (yes it was a light skim of the thread.)
Here you go...

Stuffing Recipe

Here is my stuffing recipe that serves 8-10, it's really easy to make, and if you don't want to do the 2 kinds of bread cubes you can use all of one kind, and feel free to buy store-bought cubes, but I don't love the texture of them as much:

Ingredients

4 cups cornbread cubes (I make my own using jiffy)

4 cups unseasoned stuffing cubes (you can buy store bought, or I get the cubes from the deli counter, they make them from stale bread and I think it makes for a better texture)

1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter

1 large diced yellow onions (or 2 small)

1 cup diced celery (about 3-4 stalks)

2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and diced into 1/2" cubes

4 garlic cloves finely chopped

1lb bulk sausage (I use sweet, but you could use the spicy you mentioned)

2 3/4 cups low sodium chicken broth

1 lage egg, beaten

1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary (or 1 tsp dried)

1 tablespoon fresh chopped sage (or 1 tsp dried)

1/4 cup fresh shopped parsley (or 1 tablespoon dried)

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper

Instructions

1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with butter (I just use cooking spray).
  2. Place the stuffing cubes in a large mixing bowl.
  3. In a large sauté pan, melt the butter. Add the onions, apples, and celery and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft. Add the garlic and cook 2 minutes more. Add the vegetables to the stuffing cubes. (Don't wash the pan but scrape out every last bit of vegetables, otherwise they will burn in the next step.)
  4. In the same pan, cook the sausage over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, until browned and cooked through, breaking up the sausage with a spatula while cooking (the largest pieces should be no greater than 1/4-inch). Add the browned sausage and fat to the bread cubes and vegetables.
  5. Add the chicken broth, egg, rosemary, sage, parsley, salt and pepper to the bread cube mixture and mix until the bread is soft and moistened. Transfer the stuffing to the prepared baking dish and bake for 65-75 minutes, uncovered, until deeply golden and crisp on top.

Congrats @OITW but can someone please link me to his original post...I cannot find it in the 18 pages of thanksgiving goodies... :cry:

I come from a big family. Most holidays will see 50 people or so. First holiday for my parents where their house wasn't full of people. Wanted to swing by and say high. They made a meal for 7 people that could have fed 30, lol.

I think my lunch tomorrow is covered. Haha.
View attachment 8976139

View attachment 8976138
View attachment 8976140
View attachment 8976142
View attachment 8976144
View attachment 8976145
View attachment 8976146

All culminating to an amazing lunch for tomorrow!

View attachment 8976149
What is the corn dish?

Congrats @OITW but can someone please link me to his original post...I cannot find it in the 18 pages of thanksgiving goodies... :cry:
He had a number of posts in various stages of prep and completion. Winner was random though.

You got the last of those custom accessory bags we did. They are so good.

Great prizes! Two logos I love, are THP and the C Crown.

That mod pouch is so good. I use mine everyday

WHAT a great Prize, those accessory bags are awesome

Last edited:
Back