2020 Top Flight Gamer

billyh

Goodwill Hunter
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A Lot
With all this talk about golf balls I figured I would bring this up. I didn’t see it posted anywhere else so I thought I would make a thread. I know some have used and loved the gammer balls from Top Flight and the last rendition (Gamer Urethane) left a lot to be desired. Has anyone got a hold of the 2020 version of the Gamer? They seem to be in stock at Dick’s and once they go on sale I might pick up a dozen to check out. Your thoughts?

me personally i havent tried them im in need of 2 balls one for my drive and one for my irons loving the z core with my irons but off the drive im in need of a low spin ball due to my freakish slice off the tee i hit about 280
80 yards of it is off course in the adjacent fairway which the courses i play at im still good but when showing up at different places every now and again its O.B so theres that

I still have quite a few of the 2018 Gamers left. They are a nice ball. Truly though I am finding it hard after all that has been going on in the USA to buy foreign made surlyn cover golf balls when there's ~ $20 options from Titleist and Bridgestone that are made in the USA.

Urethane is a different story as I don't think there's a current generation USA made urethane ball for less than $45 each unless doing the buy 3, get 1 promotion.

Dave

I really liked the Gamer and the Gamer Soft. Didn't try the Gamer Urethane since it was out of my price point.
If these came in Yellow I would try them. I don't play white balls unless they are Truvis.

I still have some stored stock of Gamer Soft (ionomer) and Gamer Tour (urethane). Never liked the Gamer Urethane - just wasn't the same ball as the Gamer Tour it replaced. Looks like they've gone back to the ionomer cover for 2020 so I'll pass.

will top flite ever come out with a balata?? 🤯

Back