2020 Toulon Putter Thread

Curious when the next iteration of Toulons will surface. Those special small batch releases are incredible.

Excited to play the Chicago with the 35g weight tonight for 9 holes. Will report back later.
Think you will like it. Will definitely have a different feel

Didn't have the best putting day(35) but did drop one birdie putt from 35 feet and the lag putts where really good. Chicago is awesome on any greens I have played.

Think you will like it. Will definitely have a different feel
Going heavier did have a different, and for me, a better feel

9 holes. 18 putts. Good overall and I was giving myself more chances, and proximity on lag putts was much improved. One 3 putts was a bad read. I think the move to the 35g from the 20g weight will be positive as my stroke felt smoother. Excited to keep testing this out!

So ... without reading 39+ pages, what's the THP consensus on the best Toulon model? Chicago? Columbus? Vegas? Memphis? Other?

Asking for a friend with a SBST stroke.

So ... without reading 39+ pages, what's the THP consensus on the best Toulon model? Chicago? Columbus? Vegas? Memphis? Other?

Asking for a friend with a SBST stroke.
Depends on whether looking more bladey or mallet. I have both the Chicago and the Las Vegas models.
#1 in the bag will always be the Chicago
Vegas has had one or maybe 2 rounds this year and that is it, but it if a very forgiving mallet with some oomf behind it.

Most of these can be had with different necks (single bend, double bend, slant neck) so it is important to know if he needs face balanced or more toe hang.

Depends on whether looking more bladey or mallet. I have both the Chicago and the Las Vegas models.
#1 in the bag will always be the Chicago
Vegas has had one or maybe 2 rounds this year and that is it, but it if a very forgiving mallet with some oomf behind it.

Most of these can be had with different necks (single bend, double bend, slant neck) so it is important to know if he needs face balanced or more toe hang.

I, uh, I mean he, prefers double bend face-balanced. :cool: From reading the specs, looks like Chicago would be the place to start testing. THX!

I, uh, I mean he, prefers double bend face-balanced. :cool: From reading the specs, looks like Chicago would be the place to start testing. THX!
Chicago is a great putter and would be an awesome choice. Finding the correct weight can sometimes be an issue as some like heavier, some lighter. My Chicago has the S20 weight plate and is perfect for me.
Tour SNSR 140CC grips work great on these. ;)

Chicago is a great putter and would be an awesome choice. Finding the correct weight can sometimes be an issue as some like heavier, some lighter. My Chicago has the S20 weight plate and is perfect for me.
Tour SNSR 140CC grips work great on these. ;)

Thanks, pal

The Chicago does have a bit of toe hang - 16*.

After reading all the rave reviews on here I picked up a Chicago just now.
Now I can't wait for it to arrive all the way over here!

Just asking for reference: How do the new White Hot OG 1W and the 2019 StrokeLab DW compare with the Chicago?

After reading all the rave reviews on here I picked up a Chicago just now.
Now I can't wait for it to arrive all the way over here!

Just asking for reference: How do the new White Hot OG 1W and the 2019 StrokeLab DW compare with the Chicago?

Can’t speak on the DW but the 1WS and the Chicago are super close in width and shape. The 1WS has sharper lines in its looks and obviously feels different with it insert compared to the milled face of the Chicago. But I prefer the Chicago out of the two. 1WS is a fantastic putter though and I throw it in the bag still

Can’t speak on the DW but the 1WS and the Chicago are super close in width and shape. The 1WS has sharper lines in its looks and obviously feels different with it insert compared to the milled face of the Chicago. But I prefer the Chicago out of the two. 1WS is a fantastic putter though and I throw it in the bag still

Oh wow! I almost picked the 1WS but changed my mind over comments I read on the feel of the insert.

Oh wow! I almost picked the 1WS but changed my mind over comments I read on the feel of the insert.

I love the feel of the insert. You wouldn’t have gone wrong with the 1WS if that’s the direction you went just so ya know! But I’m a huge lover of the Chicago so you also aren’t going wrong there! Hope you post up your thoughts when you get it in hand!

I love the feel of the insert. You wouldn’t have gone wrong with the 1WS if that’s the direction you went just so ya know! But I’m a huge lover of the Chicago so you also aren’t going wrong there! Hope you post up your thoughts when you get it in hand!

I much prefer the White Hot Pro versus the OG White Hot, but I agree, the OG insert is as great an insert as you can get. But that sweet sweet milled feel on the Toulons, mmmmm

Rolled a Chicago in the store again yesterday and it's soooo tempting. Last thing I need is another double-bend blade but other than the grip I really liked how it set up and the roll was super easy.

I'm Jonesin to track down a San Diego.

I'm Jonesin to track down a San Diego.

I pondered over the San Diego as well!
Any reason why you prefer the San Diego over the others?

To be honest I'm still having trouble figuring out the different options available.

Some new photos out in the interwebs!!! #Mallets

Love these!

Back