2020 Toulon Putter Thread

I broke down and ordered a Chicago earlier this week. Supposed to ship in 1-2 weeks but pretty excited about it.

I broke down and ordered a Chicago earlier this week. Supposed to ship in 1-2 weeks but pretty excited about it.
You won’t be disappointed! Can’t wait to hear how you roll the rock!

The Atlanta has arrived. In great shape and I like the roll on my carpet. Here's the head compared to the 1W O works I have been gaming. Looking forward to getting the Toulon on the course Sunday.
9f5349a4beb510813c72c3ecbcc2d86c.jpg

So had a little issue with putting the last couple weeks missing putts right and left even 1 1/2’ figures on alignment, setup somethings wrong. Tuesday again missing putts and then started to look at my Toulon Memphis Garage, thinking maybe the grip is moving/twisted?? I would twist it one way then notice nope that’s not right, come to find out the Head was loose and kept changing just enough to be of both ways but it didn’t look to wrong. So sent a tweet to the man himself Sean Toulon and Toulon Design and figured I’ll eventually hear back. Well less then 10 minutes I got a alert from Sean that help was on the way and he messaged me on the side. This is what I got! This is why I roll a Toulon and a Odyssey customer service through the roof. Shipped it out FedEx on Thursday they received Friday am so can’t wait to get it back. Thanks again for the support. I’m a Toulon/Odyssey Lifer!!

Attachments

• 4BDF0D2C-D25E-4E5C-B340-80990F64223E.jpeg
    4BDF0D2C-D25E-4E5C-B340-80990F64223E.jpeg
    60.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 41A8F896-C095-49D1-AE66-672DBD9E5BB8.jpeg
    41A8F896-C095-49D1-AE66-672DBD9E5BB8.jpeg
    47.4 KB · Views: 52
It took me a few holes, but I love the loft adjustment on my Chicago. The ball rolls end over end quicker and I’m seeing/hearing less skidding. 31 putts today and I felt like it could have been lower. I’ve got a good feeling for the speed now and I’m excited to get out again.

Guy I was playing with today was rolling a Spider putter. I let him roll the Chicago on hole 14, he was "that feels really good, nice weight and the ball rolled quickly. " He rolled it on every green afterwards and really like it.
I have had great success with the Chicago so far and it will stay in the bag, no reason to change putters for me.

It took me a few holes, but I love the loft adjustment on my Chicago. The ball rolls end over end quicker and I’m seeing/hearing less skidding. 31 putts today and I felt like it could have been lower. I’ve got a good feeling for the speed now and I’m excited to get out again.

What loft adjustment did you make to it?

The Palm Beach plumbers neck has been really good on fast greens. Been averaging 31-32 putts pretty consistently since it went in the bag.

Sooo Dustin goes -30 in the playoffs and leishman goes +30 .... Wow...

What loft adjustment did you make to it?

I’m at 1* of loft. After my club champion fitting we went 1* to eliminate my forward press and get the ball rolling forward a lot faster.

This Memphis will never stop being phenomenal. It might get hotter or cool down a bit, but its just freakin phenomenal! Perfect balance of weight, stabiity, feel and audible feedback. The only reason it isn't getting constant play is that triple track on a ball and putter works.

Got my Chicago today. I have not played a round with it yet but I was putting with it on the carpet and have to say that I have never had a putter that has felt so natural at address and with the putting stroke. It weights 20 grams less than my Scotty Cameron Newport 2 (2016) but yet feels heavier and more stable during the putting stroke. Maybe due to the Strokelab shaft? Not sure, but very excited to try it out this weekend.

First time out with Chicago today. It’s been awhile since last round.
No practice. Straight to 1st hole.
Chicago felt comfortable from the beginning. Played Bridgestone RBX. Ball seems pop off the face compare to Scotty smooth face. Start rolling quickly without skidding. Today I had many long putts. I only had two 3 putts. These were green edge to edge putts. Total 34 putts. Not great numbers but most of them were really long putts. Still need time to get used to the feels. Direction was on positive side. I haven’t had one pull today. That’s positive. Distance control need some work. Putter felt well balance. Looking forward to next round with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The biggest thing I have noticed with the Chicago is the distance control. Doesn't matter if fast or slow greens I can get putts close to the hole for a lot of 2nd puts that are inside 2-3 feet.

That is fantastic looking @xThor

I actually just got a Chicago setup with a Proto shaft I am working with (not Odyssey) and boy does this thing feel great.

That is fantastic looking @xThor

I actually just got a Chicago setup with a Proto shaft I am working with (not Odyssey) and boy does this thing feel great.
Can’t wait to hear more about that!

I am 100% looking forward to how a red flange line on here lines up with triple track on a ball.

Reactions: JB
Can’t wait to hear more about that!

I am 100% looking forward to how a red flange line on here lines up with triple track on a ball.
Need pictures when that is in your hands

I like the shapes of the Toulon's but I never putt well with them. PGA store by me has 6 Garage putters for sale so I spent am hour rolling a Chicago, San Diego, and Madison. None of them had sight lines which was disappointing. Really wanted to buy the San Diego bc of the chocolate finish is beautiful in person..... I just dont like the stroke lab shaft. I played 3 toulon's last year and had a huge problem with distance control. I know I could custom order one with a regular steel shaft but these were priced at $600 so between the. custom finish, necks, and paint fill its cheaper to buy in store than online. Other problem is they're all 34" and I play 35".... so between no sight line, too short, I couldn't justify buying one knowing there's a lot of things I dont like

looks wise I could have walked out with any of the Garage putters yesterday.

I have knocked off a good 4-5 putts per round with the las vegas. Even last round if I gave myself a bad line or midjudged speed, the ckme back putts all dropped. Love this putter!

Alright Odyssey, start building my order now because I am on the Chicago train now and ready for this to arrive!

View attachment 8963830

I like the look of that a lot! That red site line is a nice feature. You guys are killing me with this Chicago talk. I need to get one in hand again.

I like the shapes of the Toulon's but I never putt well with them. PGA store by me has 6 Garage putters for sale so I spent am hour rolling a Chicago, San Diego, and Madison. None of them had sight lines which was disappointing. Really wanted to buy the San Diego bc of the chocolate finish is beautiful in person..... I just dont like the stroke lab shaft. I played 3 toulon's last year and had a huge problem with distance control. I know I could custom order one with a regular steel shaft but these were priced at $600 so between the. custom finish, necks, and paint fill its cheaper to buy in store than online. Other problem is they're all 34" and I play 35".... so between no sight line, too short, I couldn't justify buying one knowing there's a lot of things I dont like

looks wise I could have walked out with any of the Garage putters yesterday.

You can opt for the steel shafts on Odyssey's site without an upcharge... As long as you like the stock paintfill. Just go to the toulon putters section instead of the garage.

Back