2020 Toulon Putter Thread

I’m glad you took a few minutes to think about it.
congrats!!! Really think you will love this putter
I've been thinking about the Chicago for a while, so I'm excited to see how it rolls. I'll chalk this purchase up to you especially since you've been giving such glowing reviews. Cant wait!

I've been thinking about the Chicago for a while, so I'm excited to see how it rolls. I'll chalk this purchase up to you especially since you've been giving such glowing reviews. Cant wait!
Look forward to hearing your thoughts on it. Really think you will enjoy it.

Chicago officially on the way

Congrats man. I’m really jealous. I just missed the opportunity to snag a 33 inch from CPO and I’m kicking myself for it. Plus they now allow for a grip change and offer the DFX through the custom option.

are all toulon sole weight plates interchangable, or do they differ between models/years?

are all toulon sole weight plates interchangable, or do they differ between models/years?

They are interchangeable no matter 1st gen or 2nd gen. The problem is they are damn near impossible to find.

If anyone has a 7g they want to move shoot me a message....

They are interchangeable no matter 1st gen or 2nd gen. The problem is they are damn near impossible to find.

You can get a weight kit from Callaway.
I’ll check to see if I have 7g

You can get a weight kit from Callaway.
I’ll check to see if I have 7g

Emailed them a week ago and they have zero weight kits for sale.

(y)

I was kinda searching around and finding......nothing. haha.

I'm thinking I might be in the market for a 7 or maybe 20 if someone has a lead.

that seems like a fairly easy aftermarket/3d-printed thing, but there's nothing out there. :confused:

It’s frustrating because they advertise these interchangeable weights? But you can’t get them anywhere. I’m gonna end up buying a 2016 Madison just to have a 7g weight to try out. Oh well, any reason to add a putter to the collection right.

Still some great 40% off's on Callaway CPO for some of the Toulon line. Take a look if you are on the edge, and you might be surprised!

I made an impulse buy on a Chicago from Callaway Pre-Owned last night. I had been following a couple on Ebay, and just happened to check CPO to find 35" Like New options for $181 and change. Couldn't pass it up.

So, now I've got a SeeMore Mini Giant Deep Flange that was a "too good to pass up" deal on Ebay that is arriving "sometime" (was supposed to be here on 2/4, but as I'm sure everyone is aware, USPS isn't exactly on top of its game at the moment, apparently even for Priority Mail), and the Chicago will be arriving tomorrow. I'll need to get it lengthened to 36", but looking forward to it after all of the glowing reviews.

We'll see if it replaces the Austin as my Toulon in the collection (that seems to be growing and growing).

Last edited:
I made an impulse buy on a Chicago from Callaway Pre-Owned last night. I had been following a couple on Ebay, and just happened to check CPO to find 35" Like New options for $181 and change. Couldn't pass it up.

So, now I've got a SeeMore Mini Giant Deep Flange that was a "too good to pass up" deal on Ebay that is arriving "sometime" (was supposed to be here on 2/4, but as I'm sure everyone is aware, USPS isn't exactly on top of its game at the moment, apparently even for Priority Mail), and the Chicago will be arriving tomorrow. I'll need to get it lengthened to 36", but looking forward to it after all of the glowing reviews.

We'll see if it replaces the Austin as my Toulon in the collection (that seems to be growing and growing).
Glad to see we were on the same page with the Chicago putters on Callaway CPO last night! Can't wait to hear how it rolls for you!

The stable of Chicago putters continues to grow! Hope you enjoy it man!

Just realized this will be my first Callaway club, well technically under Callaway, that I've ever played. Kind of crazy...but I have been on THP less than 2 years so...

You picked perhaps the best looking one to start with!!! Welcome to the swirl club!
I'm not gonna argue with that statement. Been on my mind since I saw it. The smoke gray finish, is so good. Excited for my first in hand view!

I need to see some pics of these Chicago’s when y’all get them in hand. All the angles too! I love my Austin and can’t wait to buy a bigger version with the double bend.

Seems like cutting the stroke lab shaft down can be a lot of trouble so I’m just gonna wait for a 33” to come up on CPO.

I need to see some pics of these Chicago’s when y’all get them in hand. All the angles too! I love my Austin and can’t wait to buy a bigger version with the double bend.
Scroll back through previous pages and you'll find a few (y)

Seems like cutting the stroke lab shaft down can be a lot of trouble so I’m just gonna wait for a 33” to come up on CPO.
Here ya go
6AF340D8-CE7C-439F-BC6B-78655B05827A.jpeg
6AF340D8-CE7C-439F-BC6B-78655B05827A.jpeg3C42CA5B-91C6-4CB8-82F3-C59DB61A386E.jpeg524B56DC-0E38-4182-A55A-1A92D16D0570.jpeg3F6E24A9-E875-4FD8-BE46-18CE10B6D421.jpeg

I always love a picture at address with a ball on the ground. Helps me envision how the putter will play.

And of course; this Chicago is framing up the ball very nicely. I love that it has the soft rounded corners as opposed to the San Diego (Newport 2) corners that are more squared off.

I'm also attracted to this putter and Toulon's in general because the heads are a nice compact size. Sometimes in my backswing I will flare the face open or leave it too closed and the smaller club head makes it easier to make a quickly compensate and square the face before impact.

Check on the comparison of the Austin and the Chicago at address:

1612847009007.png

1612846997341.png

Last edited:
Chicago came today. Even though it’s an inch shorter than my normal 36”, just hitting a few putts around the living room, looks like a definite keeper. Feel and weight is great so far.

Question related to that, I’m going to extend it to 36”, and in conjunction with that, likely need a new grip for it.

What grip have folks found works well on the Chicago? I have a GP Pro Only Red cord on my Austin, the stock Lamkin Sink Fit on my Elevado, and the stock Lamkin Sink Fit Skinny on the Cleveland HB Premier 4. I like them all.

Have you found that a more midsize grip like the one that comes on it works best? Or would going to the Pro Only Red work all right overall?

And unrelated to the question, here’s the two side by side.

523a437e0e0aa037c63b905e571052ed.jpg

2e6e529ae4202f617c98cab2e0af04d4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chicago came today. Even though it’s an inch shorter than my normal 36”, just hitting a few putts around the living room, looks like a definite keeper. Feel and weight is great so far.

Question related to that, I’m going to extend it to 36”, and in conjunction with that, likely need a new grip for it.

What grip have folks found works well on the Chicago? I have a GP Pro Only Red cord on my Austin, the stock Lamkin Sink Fit on my Elevado, and the stock Lamkin Sink Fit Skinny on the Cleveland HB Premier 4. I like them all.

Have you found that a more midsize grip like the one that comes on it works best? Or would going to the Pro Only Red work all right overall?

Looks great and enjoy it.
I am a fan of Tour SNSR 140CC grips. They also make a 104cc that is smaller.

Another vote for the slimmer Tour SNSRs. I don't know if you can actually extend a SL shaft. They have a weight plug in them that might interfere. Will be easy enough to tell when you take off the old grip though!

Back