2020 Toulon Putter Thread

Not sure where to ask this but I figure here is as good as anywhere- why no Indy or Indy update? Asking as mine could use a friend...

Another vote for the slimmer Tour SNSRs. I don't know if you can actually extend a SL shaft. They have a weight plug in them that might interfere. Will be easy enough to tell when you take off the old grip though!

I had the Austin extended an inch and it didn't really seem to affect the overall feel - at least to me. My understanding, based on what the service guys have told me, is that you have about an inch and a half to play with on the SL shafts so you can extend them/cut them down a little bit without changing the weighting, etc. too much.

Last edited:
I talked myself into a Seattle from CPO. Was able to try out a Chicago, Atlanta and Seattle at a local shop and surprisingly prefered the Seattle even though not my favorite based on looks. Really wanted to be a Chicago guy but apparently I'm not:(

Shop has a perfect putt mat and I really couldn't make any thing with the Chicago. Seattle was pretty automatic down the line and in the whole up to 9'.

Gets here tomorrow and gets to fight it out my my Spider X Chalk.

I talked myself into a Seattle from CPO. Was able to try out a Chicago, Atlanta and Seattle at a local shop and surprisingly prefered the Seattle even though not my favorite based on looks. Really wanted to be a Chicago guy but apparently I'm not:(

Shop has a perfect putt mat and I really couldn't make any thing with the Chicago. Seattle was pretty automatic down the line and in the whole up to 9'.

Gets here tomorrow and gets to fight it out my my Spider X Chalk.

Makes sense. Seattle offers toe hang, while standard Chicago is face balanced. I struggled with the Chicago as well in store, and had to go Garage to get it with the plumbers neck to have some toe hang. I wish it was a standard offering.

Makes sense. Seattle offers toe hang, while standard Chicago is face balanced. I struggled with the Chicago as well in store, and had to go Garage to get it with the plumbers neck to have some toe hang. I wish it was a standard offering.
My stroke seems to change from day to day :LOL: Glad I grabbed the Seattle to work in tandem with my Chicago. Chicago always has first go but I've been pretty lethal with the Seattle in league recently and on my perfect practice mat. Can't wait to finally use it outside to see how it goes!

Chicago with the standard double bend has 16* of toe hang - so not a ton, but a bit.

Yeah, not sure what it was. My Spider is face balanced and it works fairly well for me so I really thought the Chicago was going to be my entry into the blade market. I likely would have made some adjustments and gotten it working but hard to argue with immediate comfort and results.

Soooooo...I bought a "Very Good" condition Indy off of Callaway Pre-Owned yesterday. I couldn't pass up the discount and price after trading in my old O-Work Odyssey #7 that was just sitting in my basement as my back up putter. Got for under $175 after shipping. Should be here on Friday, I think.

Tomorrow's the day :)

You guys are gonna make me check out CPO again and that never ends well...

Been dreaming of adding a Seattle to the bag.

You guys are gonna make me check out CPO again and that never ends well...

Been dreaming of adding a Seattle to the bag.
Not trying to push you down the slippery slope, but they are 40% off...

I think Toulon needs a white hot version..

I agree here. Part of the Toulon appeal is the Diamond Milled face, and the feel and roll it produces. Not a place for an insert.

I am pretty much a none insert guy. Never really liked them. But I think that could be fun..
I think it would take away from the "premium" that Toulon represents.

I think it would take away from the "premium" that Toulon represents.

Maybe, your probably right.. till you were the only one in the world that had it.. then everyone would think it was awesome.. lol

Maybe, your probably right.. till you were the only one in the world that had it.. then everyone would think it was awesome.. lol
I’m sure they can make anything for a price.

It has arrived! I'll have some thoughts later once I get a chance to try it out.

I’m sure they can make anything for a price.

I am sure.. I mean, I would not really want one.. Unless I was the only one.. haha...

I think Toulon needs a white hot version..

Why though? I mean the White Hot OG heads are already super premium, milled, and look amazing.

Plus the insert vs. non-insert is the only thing that sets Odyssey apart from Toulon.

Why though? I mean the White Hot OG heads are already super premium, milled, and look amazing.

Plus the insert vs. non-insert is the only thing that sets Odyssey apart from Toulon.

I am not saying I really want one. Just that fun thought.

Back