2020 Toulon Putter Thread

Just a cool pic of my Austin I found on my camera roll....

Attachments

• 493AE8D1-FEC0-4F27-8223-8A9E29417D23.jpeg
    493AE8D1-FEC0-4F27-8223-8A9E29417D23.jpeg
    159.8 KB · Views: 15
Ordered a Las Vegas H7 today. I was told it would have the new SL shaft with less steel and stiffer graphite shaft. Timeline of 4-6 weeks.

Ordered a Las Vegas H7 today. I was told it would have the new SL shaft with less steel and stiffer graphite shaft. Timeline of 4-6 weeks.

That’s my understanding as well with new orders. I asked for the red shaft but was told demand is so high they are running low on that shaft!

You will love your new LV H7 SL. I bought one a year or so ago from Callaway preowned and love it. I have two other #7 putters and this one is the best of the bunch.

Getting more and more comfortable with the feel of the Chicago. Granted, it is inside, but it seems to get the ball rolling really nice and it's easy. Can't wait to get it outside for some real world testing!

I have been using a Las Vegas that someone sent me to try. This putter has to be closest to perfect putter as I have ever rolled. 25 putts today and not just little short putts either. I had 3 over 20 feet and quite a few in the 10-15 foot range and lots of 6ft and under. Even when I did have two putts on a green the 2nd putts where all within 2 feet of the hole.
The starting roll this puts on the ball is amazing, it is rolling smoothly quickly. I have been using a 2020 Chrome Soft and it has a perfect feel off the putter.

Question if anyone knows. @Jman
On the weight plates on the Toulon putters, available weights are generally designated as A/S/T
What are the designations? Aluminum, Steel and Tungsten?

Question if anyone knows. @Jman
On the weight plates on the Toulon putters, available weights are generally designated as A/S/T
What are the designations? Aluminum, Steel and Tungsten?
Correct, it’s a material designation.

So if I want to keep my coin and not get an Austin I probably shouldn’t go back and read this thread from the start.....

So if I want to keep my coin and not get an Austin I probably shouldn’t go back and read this thread from the start.....
That would be wise, but less fun...;)

as someone who just ordered an Austin 10 days ago.... no time like the present!

I thought it was this thread but can’t seem to find it. Does anyone know the weight of the standard pistol grip? If I pull the trigger I want to go the garage route and the green would clash with my preferred colors. So I want to switch the grip but don’t want to change the balance and feel. Can anyone provide any insight? Thanks in advance.

I had 33 putts today with the Las Vegas. A few one putts but lots of 2 putts as I wasn't getting good proximity to the pin. I did burn the edge quite a few times and my distance control was spot on as I was leaving the ball 6-18inches past the hole.

I thought it was this thread but can’t seem to find it. Does anyone know the weight of the standard pistol grip? If I pull the trigger I want to go the garage route and the green would clash with my preferred colors. So I want to switch the grip but don’t want to change the balance and feel. Can anyone provide any insight? Thanks in advance.
IIRC, the pistol is in the high 60G to low 70G range.

33 putts today again. I burned a lot of edges so this putter is really getting dialed in. Distance control is just crazy easy to gauge with the Las Vegas. Best putt of the day was a 45footer for birdie on hole 2.

As much as I love the tour black finish and murdered out toulons, the chocolate may be the greatest finish of all time. Holy smokes this thing is goooorgeous.

Just picked up from the shop, and so ready to take it to the course!!!

1002A372-DAE2-465F-8913-DFC974B1ACD9.jpeg
C9CDE328-48FD-4570-B7B6-52629043A5BD.jpeg
09D302EB-52DE-4FF0-904E-2A02CE56EF98.jpeg
C1321764-2CEE-4D8E-86BC-D43A376E264F.jpeg
7EECD853-C60E-4E29-859D-9198C2C08027.jpeg

Get the Chicago out in the wild for the first time tomorrow. Hoping to get there a bit early to practice before the round to get a feel for lag putts. Going to be fun!

As much as I love the tour black finish and murdered out toulons, the chocolate may be the greatest finish of all time. Holy smokes this thing is goooorgeous.

Just picked up from the shop, and so ready to take it to the course!!!

View attachment 8997205
View attachment 8997206
View attachment 8997207
View attachment 8997209
View attachment 8997211

And it looks like the stamping on the back bumpers aren’t seen at address? I wasn’t sure when I rolled one at the store today.

Such a pretty putter....

More dense solid feeling. It came with a 40g weight in it and I dropped it to 20g and that helped a LOT with feel and distance control.
I have a 40g weight in my Atlanta, and I found distance control to be a problem. I have a 20g weight in my Chicago and don’t have the same problem...

Back