2020 Toulon Putter Thread

I have a 40g weight in my Atlanta, and I found distance control to be a problem. I have a 20g weight in my Chicago and don’t have the same problem...
I think the 20G weight is the sweet spot for these putters. Just seems like a perfect weight and balance. The roll is so good.

I went with the 40g in the Austin as I tend to like a heavier putter.
But do like the 20g in the Chicago as well.
My shop as a ton of the 3 pack weight kits in stock, but they go for $100.
I’ll probably get one eventually though.

I really want one of the 25g weights that they don't sell on their website to test out.

Haven't even seen one of those. That would be super nice to test out.
You see them in their tour issue putters.

I'm looking for the 7g weight. We could split the kit or maybe even find someone to split it 3 ways if you'd be willing to purchase and ship.

Someone at Callaway should have a line on them. Have you tried reaching out to anyone?

I emailed Callaway just the other day and they are no help. They just say they have none in stock. You obviously have to know someone.

Well the first trip out with the Chicago was a bit of an up and down affair, which I expect with a new putter. Early season greens and some strong wind made things interesting too. It took me a bit to get the feel on the longer putts, but once I did I had a lot of longer lag putts that I had a good line, just need to hone the speed in. A couple 15-20 footers that stopped just a bit short, but made for tap in 2 putts.

Overall 20 putts (9 holes), which is not great, but I think I can adjust accordingly. I like what I was seeing by the end of the round, and look forward to what is to come next as I get more comfortable with the Chicago!

Well the first trip out with the Chicago was a bit of an up and down affair, which I expect with a new putter. Early season greens and some strong wind made things interesting too. It took me a bit to get the feel on the longer putts, but once I did I had a lot of longer lag putts that I had a good line, just need to hone the speed in. A couple 15-20 footers that stopped just a bit short, but made for tap in 2 putts.

Overall 20 putts (9 holes), which is not great, but I think I can adjust accordingly. I like what I was seeing by the end of the round, and look forward to what is to come next as I get more comfortable with the Chicago!
Won't take long to adjust, you will do well with this putter.
How did you like the roll it was putting on the ball?

I guess this is the wrong thread, but I recently went back to my OG Toulon Memphis and I've been rolling the hell out of the ball.
In that zone where I believe I can make everything I look at. Plus, the face on this one just feels so perfect.

Won't take long to adjust, you will do well with this putter.
How did you like the roll it was putting on the ball?
It did put a good roll on the ball, i think. With the caveat that the greens were a bit rough, so I think it will really shine once the greens have some time to grow in. It seems very easy to get it going on the right line though, and I enjoy the amount of feedback, especially on shorter putts. The feel is what I was hoping for to be honest from a wide blade.

Rolled the Las Vegas today, 30 putts. Super easy to line up and puts such a good roll on the ball. Very confident standing over any putt. It is edging out the Chicago at this point, especially on short putts.

new models on the near horizon? That looks so sharp...

I’m hopeful that we will see new models at some point this year too... The Azalea needs to come back...

Rolled the Las Vegas for 29 putts today in my round. Had several in the 4-8 foot range to save par and made them all.
This putter puts such a great roll on the ball it may keep the Chicago out of the bag. Still early in the year but the greens are in pretty good shape and putting seems easy.

Love the way this cover fits the Las Vegas
9D3DBDD0-983B-4B6C-BA55-46375FF779A3.jpeg
CA05CD5D-5D18-45D6-BAF7-6C6949A522A2.jpeg

This could be a teaser of what the new face milling pattern is going to be.
Johnny Wunder, now Callaway’s social media guy, during an IG Q&A hinted at new Toulon models dropping this week. I’m waiting on a Vegas H7. When I ordered it I was told no changes for 2021 but now I have a bit of FOMO going on.

Back