Tour Event 2020 Tour Championship Contest: Sponsored by Golf Pride

The Top 10 all broke 70 today. Sheesh.

One hell of a run to end the year for TMaG, wow.

BUT how many Golf Pride GRIPS!!???

I think the system is broken. Seems like a bandaid for the old system they replaced. Idk what the answer is though.

What I do know is Horschel messed up my fantasy chances all year.

It’s so weird to me that DJ leads by 2 and will most likely win, yet this event done standard he loses.

Rewards great regular season and playoff play. I have enjoyed this new format.

I would like to see cuum for the first 3 events and everyone starts over for the last one

It’s so weird to me that DJ leads by 2 and will most likely win, yet this event done standard he loses.

Yeah, it's kinda like how they seed a college or pro basketball tournament. I like it. If you are the best, you should get an advantage instead of waiting for the 30th seed to eek out a victory overy the 10th seed.

If we go back to 2017 rules we'd have a situation where Xander wins the tourney, but DJ wins the Fed Ex Cup (happened that year with Thomas winning Cup and Xander winning tourney). New scoring system for this tourney is designed to eliminate that. Which do you want? Back when Haas won it was only after final hole and numbers crunched that he knew he won both.

Well I picked the best golfer in this tournament, unfortunately like Xander I am left empty handed by picking him...:unsure: #changetheformat

Well I picked the best golfer in this tournament, unfortunately like Xander I am left empty handed by picking him...:unsure: #changetheformat
Xander should have played better last two weeks. 🤷‍♂️

Yep, it's just sad.

Yep, it's just sad.
Not a sore loser, understand the stakes, but this playoff system is seriously flawed in the fact someone took a week off and the best golfer didn't win.

I'd be pissed if I were Xander... He has to be livid....

Not a sore loser, understand the stakes, but this playoff system is seriously flawed in the fact someone took a week off and the best golfer didn't win.
Exactly. It's a disgrace what the Tour has done with this event.

Do you suggest a match play? Adding more events?

I'm a firm supporter of match play. I do understand, however, that it's not optimal for TV especially on the final day when you've got 2 matches going on.

Does a number 1 seed in any other sport get spotted points? ;)
Racing the faster cars start with a lead.
Track you get preferential lanes.

Match play I don't get, it's a different game. Maybe if we take the top 4 from today and go for 36 hole match play tomorrow I'd consider it more.

Forcing the winner of a single tournament to win a season long points contest was the issue and always led to problems.

Match play I don't get, it's a different game. Maybe if we take the top 4 from today and go for 36 hole match play tomorrow I'd consider it more.

Forcing the winner of a single tournament to win a season long points contest was the issue and always led to problems.
I don't know how many cars normally race in Nascar races, but I think it would be difficult to get a track wide enough to line them up even in a staggered formation. It's not difficult at all to do so in golf.

Preferential lanes don't mean a bunch. Everyone is running the same distance unless they want to run farther.

Ehhh starting position isn't tied to wins... Looks at stats in that first 3...not a huge fan but I feel like pole position doesn't guarantee a win

I do like a 5th day match play for top 4

I thought, at least in most forms of auto racing, that the faster qualifiers just got better positions on the starting grid (e.g., fastest qualifier gets pole position). Or as in motocross/supercross, the riders get to pick gate positions on the basis of their qualifying times.

Let the players choose their tee times based upon their point standings (only in the first two rounds) - and/or if they're starting on front and back nines, the choice of which nine they'd prefer to start on.

I thought, at least in most forms of auto racing, that the faster qualifiers just got better positions on the starting grid (e.g., fastest qualifier gets pole position). Or as in motocross/supercross, the riders get to pick gate positions on the basis of their qualifying times.

Let the players choose their tee times based upon their point standings (only in the first two rounds) - and/or if they're starting on front and back nines, the choice of which nine they'd prefer to start on.
Picking tee time and pairing? Sounds fun

They literally start out ahead though, that was the question. It's easier to win from the front.

Does a number 1 seed in any other sport get spotted points? ;)
Bye week in NFL. Home field advantage....I’m a one and done environment, that is like spotting points.

I’m sure the New England haters agree with that take.

Bye week in NFL. Home field advantage....I’m a one and done environment, that is like spotting points.

I’m sure the New England haters agree with that take.
Ehhh not quite sure it equates to points... Influences but doesn't change starting score. Bye week that didn't work for Webb.

Tough to give away half the strokes in a tournament.

Ehhh not quite sure it equates to points... Influences but doesn't change starting score. Bye week that didn't work for Webb.

Tough to give away half the strokes in a tournament.
But those strokes were earned in the previous weeks of competition.

Back