Tour Event 2020 US Open Contest and Thread

Great final round match up. Matt needs to be in more fairways. Both guys have unique ways to get it in the hole

Bryson “one of my governors broke down” today.

what?

On the plus side, he says “ternamint.” Proper.

Is that how he describes not being able to “activate his glutes” :ROFLMAO:

I'll be rooting for Matt but I think the way this tourney has progressed ( the leaders fall back the next day) I would not be surprised to see Louis, Xavier or Hideki winning this tomorrow.

I think it’s down to +1 or better for the final round, so the top seven are in this. The way he is playing, I think Bryson is going to pull this out tomorrow. Hasn’t been over par, and he really has a set plan that is working for him. If he drives a bit better off the tee tomorrow, I think he wins by a couple strokes.

I think Bryson wins this thing, but I hope Xander finds a way to steal this one.

This graphic is amazing! Swing your swing!

So how far back has a reasonable shot at winning?

DeChambeau is still practicing in the dark?

DeChambeau is still practicing in the dark?

Yes, and I love it. We used to win and dominate ocean sail races and did all crazy things to save weight such as cut our tooth brushes into half, drilling cheese holes into the interior, etc. etc. Did the weight help us win, no I don't think so, but the mentality of making sure we had done everything in our power to win I think had a huge impact to our mindset every morning when we hit the start line. I see much of the same in Bryson's routines, if he doesn't hit the range in the dark he will not feel he has prepared to the max and will not perform at the top of his abilities tomorrow.

I’m a Bryson fan tomorrow......come at me bro, 😎

he’s got some Spieth moxy in him practicing this late all alone......I’m a fan tomorrow also... one time only

I hope the range picker has lights.

They just gave the forecast for tomorrow’s round - sunny, high of 64, sustained winds of 10-15 mph.

I'm hoping Rory posts a number and the leaders come back to the field. It would be awesome if we get a tie and extra golf!!

I'm hoping Rory posts a number and the leaders come back to the field. It would be awesome if we get a tie and extra golf!!

Im just sad it will no longer be 18 holes of bonus golf

I was so happy for my man, Jason Kokrak, to be starting where he was today. Unfortunately, he repeated his usual pattern of blowing up on Saturday! Of course, he wasn't the only one this happened to. I should explain that he was a local kid, and played HS golf in the area, and I keep my eye on him. Been on Tour for 10 years and has never won! But, he makes a nice living. Won a little over $2.3Mill last year, and a little over $2Mill the year before. And the years before that, he's won enough money to keep his card, He's never had to requalify.

If he holds true to form, tomorrow he will shoot a good enough score to move back up the leaderboard, but not enough to win.

Last edited:
I think you have to appreciate the honesty here.

Im just sad it will no longer be 18 holes of bonus golf

I totally agree. I loved the 18 hole play off. I know the pros hated it but I loved the tradition of it.

One thing is for sure is Bryson isn’t married. No way I’m able to go to range AFTER playing 18!:D

Ok, don’t shade me too much. But I heard something that I thought was really interesting during a nascar race. They were talking about racing and the us open an the lack of fans. One announcer said he thinks the lack of fans lessens the pressure.

I thought it was interesting, and I potentially agree.

Back