Tour Event 2020 US Open Contest and Thread

For the money these guys get paid, they should do more of that.
The only other guy that I can think of that talks gear and partners is Phil.
It’s a common thing in every other individual sport I can think of. They always thank/mention their sponsors.

Bryson going full Ricky Bobby in the post round interviews. I love it

Yeah, the douche just said that he wants to use his platform to help less fortunate people because golf is not the be all end all of life.

@Canadan i want to even more have that conversation with him to ask him how his reality and perceptions lined up today!

For the money these guys get paid, they should do more of that.
The only other guy that I can think of that talks gear and partners is Phil.

Spot on.

Genuinely happy for Bryson. And annoyed at the same time.

The guy is a talent, no doubt. I'm just sick of hearing about him.

Watching this press conference Orgain better have good servers for the traffic that’s getting generated

Great win....Seemed like a great guy post win too!!

I’m no Bryson fan, at all, but good job. I said before the tournament that I wanted to see one person under par and walk away with it. It wasn’t Reed, so I’m good with it.

Absolutely thrilled that a local guy won. Have never met him, but have known about him since he was about 10 or 11 years old in junior golf in the Fresno area. He lends his likeness to the course he grew up playing on and from what I have heard, donates a lot of time to the juniors there when he's back in town. This is something that will help lifts the spirits of a lot of people in the area that have had to deal with nothing but fires over the last couple of weeks.

Watching the post-round analysis and interviews with other players on Golf Channel. Rory has some major sour grapes going on over Bryson’s game. He was beefing about how Bryson is “taking advantage of the game”, and that you shouldn’t be able to win U.S. Opens by smashing the ball and not hitting fairways. It was pointed out afterward that Rory was driving the ball further than Bryson this week, and the year he won the U.S. Open, he hit 36% of fairways. Bryson hit 36% of fairways this week.

Watching the post-round analysis and interviews with other players on Golf Channel. Rory has some major sour grapes going on over Bryson’s game. He was beefing about how Bryson is “taking advantage of the game”, and that you shouldn’t be able to win U.S. Opens by smashing the ball and not hitting fairways. It was pointed out afterward that Rory was driving the ball further than Bryson this week, and the year he won the U.S. Open, he hit 36% of fairways. Bryson hit 36% of fairways this week.

I heard that and frankly it comes across as nonsense, especially because of the stats that you just pointed out.

Had Matt Wolff won it, Rory would have zipped his mouth like a company man and not said a word, despite Wolff hitting only 2 all day.

He’s a douche
How about a little context? A Douche to who?? Or is it you just don't like him???
Maybe its the Scally cap??

I like that hes not the typical golfer. I also think when Brooks was outdriving people and winning only majors he wasn't as controversial.

Didn't like that from my boy Rory. Needs to tidy up that iron/wedge play and he'd be right there competing.

Bryson's strokes gained rankings this week:

2nd in driving
1st in approach
3rd in around the green
20th in putting

People complaining about him hitting it too far are so far off the mark. I mean yes his distance was a big advantage, but this was an all-round dominant performance. Another way to look at it: Bryson gained on average 5.57 strokes per round, and only 1.33 or 24% of that was due to his driving.

Fascinated that in his post round interview he said he wants to get even bigger.

How about a little context? A Douche to who?? Or is it you just don't like him???
Maybe its the Scally cap??

I like that hes not the typical golfer. I also think when Brooks was outdriving people and winning only majors he wasn't as controversial.
Douche to rules officials. Douche to fellow players. Douche to cameramen doing their job. He’s all light and smiles when things are going well. Different story when it’s not.
He committed to a change to his game and it’s worked incredibly well. He got there through dedication and extremely hard work. All credit to him for that.

Bryson's strokes gained rankings this week:

2nd in driving
1st in approach
3rd in around the green
20th in putting

People complaining about him hitting it too far are so far off the mark. I mean yes his distance was a big advantage, but this was an all-round dominant performance. Another way to look at it: Bryson gained on average 5.57 strokes per round, and only 1.33 or 24% of that was due to his driving.
complaints About distance make me laugh too. He made a conscious efffort to change and it worked. There no stopping others attempting it. Roll back the ball and you know what? He’ll still hit it further than anyone else.

Back