2020: What Needs Finalizing In Your Bag

fairwaynut

Bettinardi Aficionado
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
SingleMalt
My golf bag is pretty well set for the coming season, all that is left is the wedges. I've got a wedge fitting on Monday at CC to get that straightened out. So THP do you anything left to finalize in your bag for 2020?

All of it ...?‍♂️

I’m good to go! Reppin’ Ben Hogan top to bottom!

4 and 5 irons to go with my 919F 6-G, like to update my driver, need to figure out my wedge gaps with the new irons, lusting on the blue #3 Mizuno putter......oh crap! This spring is going to be expensive! ?

4 and 5 irons to go with my 919F 6-G, like to update my driver, need to figure out my wedge gaps with the new irons, lusting on the blue #3 Mizuno putter......oh crap! This spring I'm not is going to be expensive! ?

:D Don't even get me going on that! ?

I need to check the upper end of my bag again. I’m not sure if there is a big gap between my 3W and OL 3hybrid. If there is a gap, I need to see if I can manage that gap with either club or get something to cover it!

Just driver. It’s going to be the TM SIM. I just want to test a little more to determine loft/shaft.

I need a head cover for the Mizuno putter I just ordered.

My gamer bag AND backup bag are set for the season. ?. And yet I’m still tempted to buy more Mavrik... 7w, Max 9w, 5H???

Options, options, and more options. (y)

I need to decide which putter I'll use and what hybrid/iron combination.

Driver - Mizuno ST190G 9.5* Atmos Red R (need to decide loft)
Fairways - Mizuno ST190 3W/5W Atmos Red R
Hybrid - Titleist 816H1 23* w/MRC S+ R
Irons - Maltby TE Forged 4-GW w/DG R300 taper soft stepped (could replace 4 iron and use 21*/25* or 23*/27* hybrids)
Wedge - Titleist Vokey SM7 56* w/TT AMT Black R300
Putter - Wilson Staff Infinite The Bean or Piretti Forza

Dave

I need to decide which putter I'll use and what hybrid/iron combination.

Driver - Mizuno ST190G 9.5* Atmos Red R (need to decide loft)
Fairways - Mizuno ST190 3W/5W Atmos Red R
Hybrid - Titleist 816H1 23* w/MRC S+ R
Irons - Maltby TE Forged 4-GW w/DG R300 taper soft stepped (could replace 4 iron and use 21*/25* or 23*/27* hybrids)
Wedge - Titleist Vokey SM7 56* w/TT AMT Black R300
Putter - Wilson Staff Infinite The Bean or Piretti Forza

Dave

Interesting choice on the putters. Report back when you've made your choice. ;)

I’m pretty happy with my bag currently. Some minor adjustment with a 1 inch add to one wedge and a couple grip updates to get my bag consistent.

I love the Forza. It feels great and it was a gift from my wife. I've been in a funk though and just don't make that many putts... Last season I averaged right at 2 putts/hole.

I became convinced I needed more MOI and the toe hang may actually be hurting me. I tried and was making quite a few putts with The Bean. I was practicing tonight though this time standing closer to the ball with the Forza and concentrating on a slower pace putting stroke and I really had it working putting on my carpet.

Decisions, decisions...

Dave

I love the Forza. It feels great and it was a gift from my wife. I've been in a funk though and just don't make that many putts... Last season I averaged right at 2 putts/hole.

I became convinced I needed more MOI and the toe hang may actually be hurting me. I tried and was making quite a few putts with The Bean. I was practicing tonight though this time standing closer to the ball with the Forza and concentrating on a slower pace putting stroke and I really had it working putting on my carpet.

Decisions, decisions...

Dave

Ain't that the truth! :LOL:

Purchased Ping G Crossover 5 hybrid which needs to be lengthened a half inch and new to me M6 6-AW that along with the hybrid need to be regripped.

My golf bag is pretty well set for the coming season, all that is left is the wedges. I've got a wedge fitting on Monday at CC to get that straightened out. So THP do you anything left to finalize in your bag for 2020?

Does your 19* hybrid into 5 iron gap evenly? How are you liking the ST190 stuff?

Dave

I have a 4 wood on the way. Everything else is relatively new as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am curious about the Infinite Bean putter also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I may have to make some adjustments to the top of my bag after my Mavrik purchase but I already have he clubs to choose from. I love my V Line Fang putter but it may get replaced by a #10 or BOP Black this year.

Back