Tour Event 2020 Workday Charity Open

When you have more wins than Missed Cuts, I'd say your career is off to a good start. Best iron player since Tiger.

When you have more wins than Missed Cuts, I'd say your career is off to a good start. Best iron player since Tiger.

He is freaking good. I have been all in on Morikawa since I watch him play in person last year in Reno. I was shocked and knew he was going to be a force.

Interesting to see that Morikawas highest lofted wedge was a 56.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

JT just made eagle to go 3 up with 3 to play. The finish is going to be epic since he gave it up to Morikawa

I’m watching this, still trying to figure out how JT lost it. Can’t wait to see CM take what is his

Interesting to see that Morikawas highest lofted wedge was a 56.

It's not. He has a TM 52 and 60, and a Vokey 56.

Interesting though that he's all TM except for the sand wedge.

Ah yes you are right, I didn't see the 60 hiding there in the brackets!

Hmm that is very interesting. Wonder why he chooses a Vokey for the 56.

I added Morikawa to my favorites list on PGA Tour’s app this week, and he goes out and get the W. Yep, I’m taking all of the credit for his win. :laughing:

Just watched the taped delay without looking up who won and personally JT lost this on 72nd hole.... should have hit driver off the tee not 3W

Didn't get to watch the finish live but just saw the highlights, looks like it was another good tournament. We have had some great finishes lately.

Just watched the taped delay without looking up who won and personally JT lost this on 72nd hole.... should have hit driver off the tee not 3W

that is exactly where he lost it. Not keeping the hammer down cost him.

I think he hit 3 wood everyday on 18 and hit it in playoffs. The club choice didn't cost him poor execution cost him.

Go Bears! From a Cal Alum 1984

Morikawa's drive on 14 landed so softly on that green.

Late to this thread, and I know it has been said plenty of times already, but that was an incredible finish!!!! So much fun to watch a playoff that goes for a few holes, especially when they play as well as they did today.

Late to this thread, and I know it has been said plenty of times already, but that was an incredible finish!!!! So much fun to watch a playoff that goes for a few holes, especially when they play as well as they did today.
Stone cold when JT sunk that 52 footer, only to have Morikawa drop a 26 footer in right on top of him. Tough bounce for JT when his tee shot landed right behind that tree on the final playoff hole, totally stymying him from advancing the ball.

I think he hit 3 wood everyday on 18 and hit it in playoffs. The club choice didn't cost him poor execution cost him.
I hear your argument of poor execution, but listening to announces pretty much say all round that he'd lost confidence in driver because his miss tended to be right.... that hole set up to hit a fade. You're right in that poor execution on the shot, he was looking to draw the ball but why, its a fade hole.

I hear your argument of poor execution, but listening to announces pretty much say all round that he'd lost confidence in driver because his miss tended to be right.... that hole set up to hit a fade. You're right in that poor execution on the shot, he was looking to draw the ball but why, its a fade hole.
Driver brings the creek that runs down the left into play. Where as 3 wood takes the creek out of play. I have to believe he was worried about hitting driver into the the creek thus 3 wood. Regardless of club choice he still missed two makeable putts to win one on 18 in regulation and one on 2nd playoff hole.

Back