Tour Event 2020 Workday Charity Open

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The tour is hitting Ohio this week and playing at Muirfield Golf Club. Once again, the field is rock solid as it has been since the re-start following the shutdown due to COVID-19.

As always, our live thread will be going all week long and you can be a part of it throughout.

TurfTalk-847-MuirfieldGC-1024x564.jpg

Continue reading...

Is this Jack's tournament with a new name?

Think this is a replacement tourney taking the place of John Deere Classic.

Is this Jack's tournament with a new name?

No. They are playing back to back tournaments here at Muirfield which is pretty wild. The Memorial is to follow this one.

Always one of my favorite courses to see. Should be a fun one. I saw that they gave Chase Koepka a spot since he chose to WD at Travelers. Hope he does well.

Two weeks in a row on such a great course. Looking forward to some more great golf being played.

No. They are playing back to back tournaments here at Muirfield which is pretty wild. The Memorial is to follow this one.

Wait, what? Is this the first time this has ever happened - same course two weeks in a row? I'm not sure how I feel about this. I would've liked it better if they put a couple weeks in between.

Wait, what? Is this the first time this has ever happened - same course two weeks in a row? I'm not sure how I feel about this. I would've liked it better if they put a couple weeks in between.

I know that they have used two separate courses at the same place two weeks in a row in the 70s at Firestone. American Golf Classic followed by the World Series of Golf - on the North and South Courses.

I just love all the live golf we are getting.

Given the current situation with the 'Rona, two weeks at one course probably solves a lot of headaches as far as travel goes. I don't know if that figured into their thought process, but it was my first thought. Easier to maintain the "bubble".

Given the current situation with the 'Rona, two weeks at one course probably solves a lot of headaches as far as travel goes. I don't know if that figured into their thought process, but it was my first thought. Easier to maintain the "bubble".

Good point. I wasn't even thinking about that.

i thought i heard it’s the first time they’ve ever done this. very strange and has to take a little wind out of the sails of jacks tournament.

Will we have a fantasy team this week?

I love this course.. I will be watching as much as I can

I had heard (probably somewhere here on THP) that the two weeks would have dramatically different course setups with one being more challenging. Is that the case?

I like how Justin Thomas called it the Columbus Swing since they are back to back... interesting to see the differences in fields. They are saying they will leave this rough somewhat advantageous and then limit cutting to have difficult rough at Memorial. Curious to see playing differences of the two tourneys and fields. Wonder where the scores will be. Also I believe this is closed to fans but next weeks is opening back up for fans at Memorial... Columbus and all of Ohio for that matter is going through a rapid spread of COVID... hopefully everyone is safe these next few weeks....

FYI I don't see this option in Fantasy Golf to see field/tournament or set a lineup. Can someone confirm? - EDIT! @JB Fixed this and we are all set for a good matchup!

Last edited:
This si going to be a good one. I am extremely interested in seeing the same course 2 weeks in a row and how the performance and setup differs week to week from the players that play both weeks.

Just from social media I'm hearing the greens will be a little bit slower this week than usual, and they will use some different tee boxes so that there aren't a ton of divots all in the same areas next week. Also rough won't be quite as penal this week. Next week will be faster greens and harder rough.

I love watching this golf course, sounds like quite a few guys are going to play both weeks here

Should be a fun week. Too bad Bryson I do not believe is in the field.

64 and you're down the road. That's some hard news to take.

The Monday Q was brutal 83 guys for two spots. Donnie Trosper 62 (-10) and MJ Daufee 63 (-9) got the two spots.

eye opening how hard it is to compete on the grand stage.

Featured groups for this week!

• Justin Thomas, Brooks Koepka, Jason Day
  • Patrick Cantlay, Phil Mickelson, Jordan Spieth
  • Patrick Reed, Matthew Wolff, Rickie Fowler
  • Viktor Hovland, Jon Rahm, Gary Woodland

Back