2021-2022 College Football Thread

Everyone in this forum would leave your current job with an hour of notice to your employer if another employer offers to double your salary.

Nope. I wouldn't.

Everyone in this forum would leave your current job with an hour of notice to your employer if another employer offers to double your salary. Why should it be any different for college coaches? Do not blame them, blame the current system.

For 5 star recruits and the current NIL, why go to OU when they can have the beautiful weather of Southern California and a place where they can monetize the NIL in the entertainment capital of the world, LA.
Not to California, I wouldn’t. It would need to be tripled or more. Been there; done that.

God I love the ignore feature.

Not to California, I wouldn’t. It would need to be tripled or more. Been there; done that.

and there's something about the compensation package that is kinda douchey to me. buying his houses for $500k over asking price, then buying him a $6M house in California, AND unlimited access to the private jet. it just screams "new money" in an off-putting way to me.

I know the money was huge but I think Riley may have believed that the move to the SEC won't be good for the Sooners. The money part for the school certainly will be but playing an SEC football schedule is far different from the Big 12.

Everyone in this forum would leave your current job with an hour of notice to your employer if another employer offers to double your salary. Why should it be any different for college coaches? Do not blame them, blame the current system.
Dang, someone quoted.

I can think of tons of reasons I wouldn't do that, certainly not in an hour. Yeesh.

Dang, someone quoted.

I can think of tons of reasons I wouldn't do that, certainly not in an hour. Yeesh.
I'm pretty sure it would take at least 2 hours to decide :cool:

For 5 star recruits and the current NIL, why go to OU when they can have the beautiful weather of Southern California and a place where they can monetize the NIL in the entertainment capital of the world, LA.

Within an hour? Absolutely not. My current employer has been nothing short of fantastic to me, I would never leave them in that sort of a position. Many people operate on the premise of not burning bridges, myself being one of them.

I would absolutely ENTERTAIN the offer, and likely accept it, but would need at least 2-3 weeks to give my current employer lead time.

Within an hour? Absolutely not. My current employer has been nothing short of fantastic to me, I would never leave them in that sort of a position. Many people operate on the premise of not burning bridges, myself being one of them.

I would absolutely ENTERTAIN the offer, and likely accept it, but would need at least 2-3 weeks to give my current employer lead time.
Easy to say when talking normal people salaries. 100 million is game changer.

Wait till you do the pros and cons list and see the cost of living differences between KC and LA.

Wait till you do the pros and cons list and see the cost of living differences between KC and LA.

Trust me I have ZERO interest in moving to LA.

As someone who spent close to half the year there in 2020 traveling for work, it isn't a place I would want to be.

And double my salary in LA is not much more than I am making now factoring cost of living, which I believe is the point you are trying to make.

I guess, he was doing just fine at OU too... Again, I won't be put in this position, but I would like to think there is a much better, more respectful way to go about these things.

Better golf weather though!!!!

While true, it still remains that 100 million isn't the same across the country.

I think Riley said it best when he mentioned that this is the system that is in place and why you have this kind of movement before the season is over. It can be easily fixed with recruiting and signing dates. Allow coaches to finish what they started without feeling like they are missing out.

In the end I have no sympathy and hate the early movement, but that has to do with my thought of "finish what you started" and then see if the grass is greener on the other side.

While true, it still remains that 100 million isn't the same across the country.

I think Riley said it best when he mentioned that this is the system that is in place and why you have this kind of movement before the season is over. It can be easily fixed with recruiting and signing dates. Allow coaches to finish what they started without feeling like they are missing out.

In the end I have no sympathy and hate the early movement, but that has to do with my thought of "finish what you started" and then see if the grass is greener on the other side.

For me, do you think USC would have said "Nope" if he asked to have a few days to notify his team and get his **** in order? I would say the answer is no... if they wanted him, they would have given him a few days.

He just didn't care enough to go about it in what I would consider a much more professional manner.

I don't disagree at all. I think it was a b*tch move, the hell with the program itself what about those kids. The system is stupid and they should never be allowed to leave like that.

I don't disagree at all. I think it was a b*tch move, the hell with the program itself what about those kids. The system is stupid and they should never be allowed to leave like that.
What do you think about "those kids" when a team underperforms and the coach is fired?

if bama loses to georgia and ok st beats baylor and bama is till in the top 4 then tear it all down, because it doesn't work.

What do you think about "those kids" when a team underperforms and the coach is fired?
Well...they can't get rid everyone but someone has to take the fall and that is the coach. He didn't do his job good enough whether thats coaching or recruiting the right players. Thats the risk they take when hiring these guys. I guess in todays game with the transfer portal its not as big of a deal to the kids as it used to be maybe. A lot of them are using the system to make it to the next level anyway.

For me, do you think USC would have said "Nope" if he asked to have a few days to notify his team and get his **** in order? I would say the answer is no... if they wanted him, they would have given him a few days.

He just didn't care enough to go about it in what I would consider a much more professional manner.

I think if they had beaten Ok ST, he is still he HC of Oklahoma. The loss fast tracked the decision IMO, because now nothing is left but a meaningless bowl game.

USC absolutely could have waited, because no one was banging down their door to be the next HC. Have private conversations and offer contingencies in case LSU or someone else comes to Norman with the Brinks truck.

Players sit out bowl games, playoff contender coaches leave before bowl season, transfer portal is hot, everyone tweeting their displeasure. College football is now publicly the cutthroat business it’s always been.

Back