2021-2022 College Football Thread

Sounding more and more like Rhule….

Im not super thrilled on that one.

If that's true, I hope he doesn't bring back the sleeveless hoodie with him.

Sounding more and more like Rhule….

Im not super thrilled on that one.
Not that it matters, but Venables is recruiting with Todd Bates at Jackson Olin in Birmingham at this very moment.

Some INSANE rumors out there right now.

Have you watched the last 6 games ND has played? I have, and yes I am a fan and was very critical of them over the first 5 or 6 games. Thought for sure they woud lose a couple more. But the draft ravished O line and the Freeman defensive scheme finally gelled and they were a completely different team. Very slim chance they could give GA a game (just like every other team in the country, including Alabama IMO after their recent performances) but this current team could absolutely compete with any other team in the country. And, yes, I have watched multiple games played by the other top 10 teams.

Clemson blew their doors off in the 2018 playoffs (not going to try to sugar coat that) but the loss to Alabama last year was far more competitive than the score final score indicated. And, btw, the teams they lost to both of those years won the NC by wider margins in the champioship games against Alabama and Ohio State than ND was beaten by in the semis. They recognized the need several years ago to get faster and play more physical to compete with the southern powerhouses and are improving on both apsects each year.

If Bama and either Michigan, Cincy or OK State lose this weekend and they keep ND out because Kelly bolted for the bucks at an inopportune time, that would be an absolute injustice to the kids who played their hearts out to achieve what they have.

I’m afraid your wasting your breath. Dude has no concept of intangibles or player progression. It’s either dollar figures or star ratings and that seems to be the only thing he thinks matters in an unpredictable sport.

Some INSANE rumors out there right now.

Lol... Going back and forth with some buddies on it... no way that happens.

Lol... Going back and forth with some buddies on it... no way that happens.
0.000001% chance. I refuse to even think about it.

LFG!!!!

I’m afraid your wasting your breath. Dude has no concept of intangibles or player progression. It’s either dollar figures or star ratings and that seems to be the only thing he thinks matters in an unpredictable sport.

When ND played Alabama in 2013 BCS, Clemson 2018 Semi-final and Alabama 2020 Semi-final, how many 5 stars were on ND roster versus Clemson or Alabama? What was the outcome for ND? You can take it from there.

When ND played Alabama in 2013 BCS, Clemson 2018 Semi-final and Alabama 2020 Semi-final, how many 5 stars were on ND roster versus Clemson or Alabama? What was the outcome for ND? You can take it from there.
Good grief, man, If it were that simple, there would be no need to play the games.

Good grief, man, If it were that simple, there would be no need to play the games.

I never said it is that simple. Alabama, Clemson, and Ohio State have loaded rosters with 5 star recruits. Academic requirements at ND are much stricter than at Alabama, Clemson and Ohio State. That's a massive advantage over ND.

The old saying "Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard."; however, 5 star recruits at Alabama, Clemson, and Ohio State work hard, and therefore, ND has zero shot. If Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State have six hard working/well coach 5 star recruits versus one 5 star recruit for ND, you can predict the outcome, right?

Does a 5 star rating out of high school guarantee college superstardom? No, I didn't think so.

I'm sure Alabama had just as many "5 stars" on their roster in 2018 when they got pummelled by Clemson in the NC game. Same with Ohio State when they were crushed by Alabama in 2020. In case you missed it from my last post, both of those teams lost worse than the Irish to the common opponents in the same playoffs. So why are they not being banned from participating in playoffs due to the potentional "embarrassment" like the Irish should be according to you?

LOVE this for you all.
Watching his defense fly around the field last year and wondering what it would look like with 4 and 5 star players really started to come to fruition the second half of the season. He still doesn't have his guys yet. This is a risky move, but this could be a huge payoff for ND. I'm excited.

It's slowly leaking out. That podcast I posted is connected and has broken other news. Sampson didn't break it, but reading into this tweet says a lot...

Back