2021/2022 Soccer Thread

Roadrunner

Golf More Better!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
New Premier League season, same ol’ crappy Arsenal. Newly promoted Brentford beats the Gunners, 2-0.

Good thing Arsenal has an easy couple of fixtures coming up: Chelsea (H) and Man City (A).:banghead:

Get your predictions in:

PL Champion: ___________
Top 4: _____________
Relegated: ___________
Top Scorer: ___________
POTY: ____________
Most Disappointed Team: _____________

Mine:

1628889294642.png

PL Champion: Manchester City
Top 4: Manchester City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United
Relegated: Wolves, Southampton, Burnley
Top Scorer: Kane
POTY: Rashford
Most Disappointed Team: As always, Arsenal

New Premier League season, same ol’ crappy Arsenal. Newly promoted Brentford beats the Gunners, 2-0.

Good thing Arsenal has an easy couple of fixtures coming up: Chelsea (H) and Man City (A).:banghead:
I can't say I'm surprised or unhappy about that start to be honest :ROFLMAO:

Then again, we have to wait to see if the fat waiter can bring some silverware to the right side of Liverpool :oops:

Champions: City
Top 4 (in order after champion): Chelsea, United, Everton (major wishful thinking here)
Golden Boot: Salah
POTY: Saka
Relegated: Brentford, Norwich, Villa
Most disappointing team: Leeds

Get your predictions in:

PL Champion: ___________
Top 4: _____________
Relegated: ___________
Top Scorer: ___________
POTY: ____________
Most Disappointed Team: _____________

Mine:

View attachment 9022176
United
United, City, Chelsea, Liverpool
Not sure yet, probably the same typically in that rotation. It’s just such a money game and the ones typically in it don’t have enough.
Kane
Hopefully Bruno. Almost made a run at it last season
hopefully city lol

PL Champion: Manchester City
Top 4: Manchester City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United
Relegated: Wolves, Southampton, Burnley
Top Scorer: Kane
POTY: Rashford
Most Disappointed Team: As always, Arsenal
Ohhhhh Rashy coming back from surgery making a run at the scoring title and taking POTY? Love it.

Also….Sancho baby!!!! Let’s gooooooo

Ohhhhh Rashy coming back from surgery making a run at the scoring title and taking POTY? Love it.
If anyone can win POTY playing only part of a season, it’s Rashford! (yeah, I forgot about his damn injury)

Arsenal stink.

Fiscal responsibility is counterproductive to being a winning football club.

Looks like it’s time to hit the beer distributor!
1628901595572.jpeg

If there is any team I oddly don’t mind winning it’s Newcastle. Maybe because of Shearer

Bruno!

Well, it can only get better for Leeds. I hope.

Did Liverpool get some VaTech uniform leftovers?

Woohoo 2-0 SKC! ESPN+ now supported by my cable box and much easier to watch than my stupid Amazon Fire Stick. I miss Busio 😢

Unfortunately won’t be able to get Newcastle coverage tomorrow on my way to the course 😕

Seems excessive.
1629125492573.png

The only reason ManC and PSG are not in massive debt is because their oil daddies magically raised enough money to pay their debts.
After yesterday's ho-hum performance up top, does City's oil money sweeten any negotiation for Kane?

After yesterday's ho-hum performance up top, does City's oil money sweeten any negotiation for Kane?
Tottenham can name their price (everybody is for sale) and ManC will magically raise the sum through a new "advertising agreement".

If ManC has told us anything, any team can be competitive and win the league, as long as they spend $250m every transfer period.

Last edited:
Arsenal.

That’s the joke.:banghead:

Arsenal.

That’s the joke.:banghead:
The team is missing 9 first team players. Chelsea is good. It doesn't look great, but the squad should get better.

The team is missing 9 first team players. Chelsea is good. It doesn't look great, but the squad should get better.
I get that, and I know that the club is building more for the future than the present, which leads to growing pains. What bothers me is Arteta’s lack of offense adjustment: this is the first time in Arsenal’s history that they failed to score in either of their first two matches. Add that to last season’s scoring problems, and it becomes more of a trend than outlier.

Back