Tour Event 2021 Arnold Palmer Invitational

Spieth not back on the winning track yet, but another finish near the top of the leaderboard. Has to be good for his confidence.
Will be interesting to see what Speith is listed at for THP fantasy golf next week. He could be a favorite pick for many.

Is it OK to respect Bryson's game and be impressed by it, but at the same time find him insanely annoying?

Will be interesting to see what Speith is listed at for THP fantasy golf next week. He could be a favorite pick for many.

Might as well ride him while he’s hot we don’t know how long this will last

Bryson's distance seems to be talked about but I think his putting is the most impressive part of his game. At the US Open and again this week, he putted great.

Is it OK to respect Bryson's game and be impressed by it, but at the same time find him insanely annoying?

Yes! I’m sure many will think in a similar fashion regarding Bryson.

Annoyed

I would ask you for a thoughtful answer as to why? I can't imagine being driven "insane" by someone so dedicated to their craft, and expending such effort on it!

I would ask you for a thoughtful answer as to why? I can't imagine being driven "insane" by someone so dedicated to their craft, and expending such effort on it!

Honestly I don't think it's the player himself, but probably more so the oversaturation of Bryson talk every Sunday that he's in contention or even when he's not. I used to feel the same way about Phil back in the day. Found him to be extremely talented, but also extremely annoying. That feeling faded over time.

I have no legitimate reason to not like him. He changed his body and has really changed the game in a lot of ways, but I'm just tired of him being the story when there's so many other great players on the course. And I don't necessarily feel like overpowering a course is the better way to play golf, but hey he's proving me wrong right now.

So hopefully that's a thoughtful answer. Without a doubt talented and good for the game.

I have no legitimate reason to not like him. He changed his body and has really changed the game in a lot of ways, but I'm just tired of him being the story when there's so many other great players on the course. And I don't necessarily feel like overpowering a course is the better way to play golf, but hey he's proving me wrong right now.
Good players who win, have an interesting story, and are marketable always have a way of being the story. Maybe some of those other great players need to not be so boring.

Fun tournament to watch. I like Bryson now and used to not like him all that much due to his pace of play. I admire how hard he works at it and his love for the game is really evident.

I was hoping Speith would get the win today, but happy for Bryson. I appreciate he went full on NASCAR for his sponsors.

Just caught the recap and looks like a tough final day. Heck of a win for Bryson

Good win by Bryson, also glad to see speith playing well

I tell you what Westwood put the pressure on DeChambeau, and when Bryson backed off that putt, I thought there was no way he would make it...but, he knocked it in! Say what you want, but BAD is GOOD for golf!

It’s funny to hear about over saturation of Bryson. All week long until #6 today, I kept hearing about how Rory is the greatest driver of the ball ever. And how he plays so well here that he’s basically a shoe in. Nobody mentioned that his approach and around the green rankings are far worse than Bryson, who gets hammered on those for playing OL.

Spieth may be the biggest story the last month, but nobody seems to mind that.

Factoring in how well people are actually playing/winning, Rory is far more over saturated than Bryson. He had one good day this whole week. I like Rory too but he was way overhyped this week

Had to feel sorry for Westwood's unlucky break on 18. Nailed a perfect drive , only for it to roll into a large divot. Still hit the green in two but from grass he may have chased the pin better.

When only handful of players break par, good to see the winner was one of them.

Back