Tour Event 2021 Barracuda Championship

RealPretendPsychic

Ask me about the Callaway Apex CB’s!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
1628213413830.jpegComing at you from Tahoe Mountain Club (Old Greenwood) in Truckee, CA, the Barracuda Championship uses modified stableford scoring format. Defending champion is Richy Werenski.

Aaaand I only created this thread so I could post that my boy Joel Dahmen has the lead after one round. Would have liked more TV coverage so I could watch him light it up!

Old greenwood is a fun Nicklaus course. I think it plays at like 7000 feet.

The modified stableford format makes this an interesting tournament to follow.

Old greenwood is a fun Nicklaus course. I think it plays at like 7000 feet.
There were some bombs today for sure! I love watching players get aggressive in this format to go for bonus points.

There were some bombs today for sure! I love watching players get aggressive in this format to go for bonus points.

makes 7500 yard very playable..

Not the same course but I think it’s cool that Morikawa got his first win here. Makes him a bit of a hometown fan for me.

also interesting that Woodland won this event and is back this year. You don’t see that much as it is an alt field event.

makes 7500 yard very playable..

Not the same course but I think it’s cool that Morikawa got his first win here. Makes him a bit of a hometown fan for me.

also interesting that Woodland won this event and is back this year. You don’t see that much as it is an alt field event.
Did Woodland qualify for the WGC event? This may have been his only option to play this week. Regardless would love to see him get healthy and win again!

Did Woodland qualify for the WGC event? This may have been his only option to play this week. Regardless would love to see him get healthy and win again!

must not have. He has been less relevant since his us open win.

Birdie-eagle-birdie start for Grillo today to jump into the lead!

Dahmen with a ho-hum day until the birdie-birdie-birdie finish to stay 3 off the pace! Won’t be able to catch any late afternoon coverage today, but looking forward to the weekend.

I don't think he qualified for the WGC event. He's currently 76th in the OWGR. The WGC is a no-cut event isn't it? Don't see any other reason he would be in the Barracuda other than he wants to get in some competition rounds before the FED EX Cup playoffs and couldn't do so in Memphis,

Forgot this was coming. I wish I could make it up to Truckee in the next week or so to play it. I played it the week after last year and it was crazy how tough it was. It's a hard course regardless but the rough was just different.

Back