2021 Better You Fitness Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really good leg and core workout yesterday, and finished it up with some yoga to help with some shoulder tightness.

Planning a complete upper body workout today, plus some more yoga for flexibility.

Squats and overhead press today. Maybe aggressive walking today or tomorrow, if you catch my drift. :golf2:
I was thinking about some walking around a course tomorrow, but then I saw the wind gusts of up to 40 mph and had 2nd thoughts...but it'll be nearly 60 degrees :unsure:

I was thinking about some walking around a course tomorrow, but then I saw the wind gusts of up to 40 mph and had 2nd thoughts...but it'll be nearly 60 degrees :unsure:
You've got to take what you can in December!

Full body workout complete. Side note, but my scale app says I am down 4% body fat. I am pretty damn excited about that. I know those things aren't all that accurate, but it's showing movement from when I started and that's exciting.

BB Bent Over Low Row x 4
DB Chest Press with a hip bridge, and alternating each leg going up and down with each press x 4
During the rest period for above we did suitcase crunches and toe touches x 4
DB Goblet Squat for a full minute x 3
DB B-Stance Deadlift x 4
BW B-Stance Deadlift (basically balancing on 1 leg) x 2
S/A Front Raises superset with Arnold Press superset with DB Hammer Curls superset with Reverse Fly x 2

So.. went off the diet for the Grandaddy and trying to get back into a routine before the Christmas cookies make an appearance..

Had an amazing full body workout today and hit a new PR for deadlifts, plus was in the top 20% of the class in overall performance. This one felt great!

BB Deadlift x 6
Offset Deficit Pushups x4
Goblet B-Stance Squat x 4 <--- these are sneaky hard
DB Bent Over Wide Row superset with a Reverse Fly x3
BW Pendulum Lunge (this time holding a weight plate) superset with BW At. Lateral Lunge (also holding a weight plate) x 4
Seated DB Shoulder press superset with a DB Kneeling Wood Chop superset with a DB Half Kneeling Windmill x4

Last edited:
Had an amazing full body workout today and hit a new PR for deadlifts, plus was in the top 20% of the class in overall performance. This one felt great!

BB Deadlift x 6
Off Deficit Pushups x4
BW Pendulum Lunge (this time holding a weight plate) superset with BW At. Lateral Lunge (also holding a weight plate) x 4
Seated DB Shoulder press superset with a DB Kneeling Wood Chop superset with a DB Half Kneeling Windmill x4

Hell yes you did, good for you GG!

BB Deadlift x 6
Off Deficit Pushups x4
PRs are always fun. 💪💪

Thanks! This was a fun one, but challenging for sure. I really enjoy this style of working out.

Can't wait for my big girl weight plates to come, I definitely need them now. Should have them next week.
Always good to move to the big plates!

Holy sweat sesh! Just completed a 35 minute sweat workout they called "For Sweats Sake" and they meant that. It was 5 rounds of 5 workouts each for 45 seconds with just a 15 second break between each workout and 1 minute break between rounds. I was dripping at the end. Went a little something like this:

Round 1
4 High Knees + 4 Butt Kickers in repeat for 45 seconds
Shuffle to Skater
square Hops
Plank Hops to Donkey Hops <--these were down right diabolical. From a plank position you hop both feet to one side of the mat, then the other, then center, then hop your feet in towards your check and then throw them up in the air like a double legged donkey kick, rinse and repeat for 45 seconds nonstop.
Fast Feet to Pop Squat

Round 2
Soccer Jog
BW Reverse Lunge to Kick
Inchworm to Knee to Elbow
Four Mountain Climbers, to a Plank up, to 4 Plank Jacks
Roll to Squat Jump

Round 3
Repeated round 1 with minor variations for a couple of the exercises

Round 4
Repeated round 2 with minor variations for a couple of the exercises

Round 5
Repeated round 1 again with minor variations for a couple of the exercises

This morning was bench press and deadlifts. Then crawled around a smoke damaged attic 🤧

I have been going at it pretty hard this week. Picked up 2 pieces of equipment for home. Hopefully they aren't clothes hangers in the future.

I'd say go for it. Rounds in the wind really blow (pun intended) but if it is warm, then I think it will still be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back