2021 Better You Fitness Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You didn't ask, but I'm still seeing stuff. Do your best to not open your hand between reps. It makes the hook more painful. You can set your back bit a harder, be patient squeezing your chest forward. Look out about 14'. You've got a 4 wheel deadlift in you, easy.
I wouldn't post the video if I wasnt looking for some feedback!

The hand thing after the first rep was going from double overhand to hook. Didn't realize I was doing it every rep haha. Set everything harder. Got it.

Been having some knee pain so decreasing the mileage this week. Still hoping to hit 80 miles on the pavement for the month of Jan.
The knee is what keeps me from turning it up a notch. Still doing some good exercise and losing weight, but I am tentative to test the knee too much. I back off once I start feeling it. Sucks getting old.

The knee is what keeps me from turning it up a notch. Still doing some good exercise and losing weight, but I am tentative to test the knee too much. I back off once I start feeling it. Sucks getting old.
Yes it does...Ive been trying to stretch it out daily...hoping to loosen it up a bit.

Yay minor PR tonight with the power snatch. 160x2. I'm not graceful or strong with these, but I like them.

Goals for 2021

Go from 254 to 225
Run a 1/2 marathon
Ride 1,500 miles
Be able to 100 push ups in one set

Yay minor PR tonight with the power snatch. 160x2. I'm not graceful or strong with these, but I like them.

Nice work. You're on another level than me, but I've enjoyed following your progress, and new PR's, during the past year. Keep it going man!
Goals for 2021

Go from 254 to 225
Run a 1/2 marathon
Ride 1,500 miles
Be able to 100 push ups in one set
Welcome!! Some good goals there. How much do you currently ride/run?

100 push ups? thats interesting to me. I have never done that many in all my days. I have benched 315 lbs, but i suck at push ups. my shoulders give out. As a baseball player, i have injured my shoulder and it never healed

Nice work. You're on another level than me, but I've enjoyed following your progress, and new PR's, during the past year. Keep it going man!

Welcome!! Some good goals there. How much do you currently ride/run?
I have a road bike and a mountain bike, I ride 90% road. I hate cold weather riding, when things warm up I hope to average 80-100 miles a week. This usually entails a couple 20-25 milers twice a week and 40-50 on the weekends. Running, currently doing a 6 week couch to 5k program to get started. Then I'll pick a race and start training for the 1/2. I work weights in usually before work and will run or ride after work.

I'm two weeks in on the running, not to bad, running in cool weather is tough to get warmed up. Haven't ridden a mile. Hopefully start riding in February trying to get 45-60 miles a week. This is would a couple of one hour rides averaging 16-18 mph and 20-30 miler on Saturdays then play golf.

Thank you. I just do my best to train and improve.

I have a road bike and a mountain bike, I ride 90% road. I hate cold weather riding, when things warm up I hope to average 80-100 miles a week. This usually entails a couple 20-25 milers twice a week and 40-50 on the weekends. Running, currently doing a 6 week couch to 5k program to get started. Then I'll pick a race and start training for the 1/2. I work weights in usually before work and will run or ride after work.

I'm two weeks in on the running, not to bad, running in cool weather is tough to get warmed up. Haven't ridden a mile. Hopefully start riding in February trying to get 45-60 miles a week. This is would a couple of one hour rides averaging 16-18 mph and 20-30 miler on Saturdays then play golf.
Sounds like a full schedule, exercise wise! Well done, cant wait to see your progress in 2021!

I've been really utilizing resistance bands for both movement, mobility, and weight lifting. Jump rope is my cardio choice. I've been trying to get in 3 workouts a week. Stretching has been key for me because my left adductor is super tight causing me issues with utilizing my hips in my downswing/follow-through.

Trying to get down in weight... Currently 258lbs, goal is 230.

Great reading up on everyone's routines/effort!(y)

Strong Friday.
BW 194ish
Squat 295x5x3 - Really focused on my lower back, as I think I tweaked a little something in there on Wednesday. Also quite fatigued from deadlifts on Wednesday.
Bench 175x5x3 - Moved really well. I'd say strong to quite strong.
Power clean 145x3x5 - Finally got through my thick skull to be aggressive and trust the rack position. Best workout I've had with PCs.
Lower back is tired. Really thankful for 2 days off this weekend.

I’ve started doing weights. I won’t post what I’m, er, lifting here. Let’s just say though, I did a class via peloton with a pregnant lady who was talking away whilst lifting where I was puffing and panting and shaking like mad LOL. Long way to go. The good thing is, I used to be a gym rat in my 20’s, so I know the results will come (not looking to bulk up, just tone and improve overall fitness).

Knocked out 10 miles this morning. Overall a great run. We slowed down at the end but held our target pace for the first 8 miles.

9A6F2BCA-0DB0-44C4-94A9-CB9EB2B56F60.jpeg

Good week for me. Started a 6 week full body dumbbell routine. I combined that with yoga, and feel good about the direction. Helps when I pick a set routine, and go.

2 20 minute rides followed by 20 minutes of strength training with the dumbbells. Feeling it!!!!!

PR Monday!

Squat - 3 bills x5x3 - not a PR
Overhead press 122.5x5x3 - a 5x3 PR Last reps were tough
Deadlift 385x5 PR

Some light soreness from some ice skating yesterday, but all in all a great workout.

Just show you that walking the golf course is exercise - Take a look at Tyrrell Hatton's Whoop Band Readings from that last round:

I've been consistent with the strength training the last two weeks and have improved my overall strength in most of my exercises. I've recently gotten into the nordic skiing as we have good snowpack and my youngest daughter is in the middle of her nordic high school ski team season. It been very enjoyable getting out on the snow for an hour or two these last 3 days and we are planning on an 8-10 mile outing today. I love the fact that I’m getting a core and upper body workout not just mainly legs like when I cycle or run. The beauty and peacefulness is hard to beat. Yesterday we were mostly on a golf course near our home and we saw zero people, just deer and squirrels. ;)

A54E15F4-6DE3-4CE5-B58B-586F979889E2.jpegCE0891FF-8FE3-4FAA-874C-9724739E4CF3.jpegD06AF62F-7092-42BE-BB74-05B7FD478402.jpeg3AF0A3F9-400A-41F6-BC62-F022339EF7F1.jpeg

I've been consistent with the strength training the last two weeks and have improved my overall strength in most of my exercises. I've recently gotten into the nordic skiing as we have good snowpack and my youngest daughter is in the middle of her nordic high school ski team season. It been very enjoyable getting out on the snow for an hour or two these last 3 days and we are planning on an 8-10 mile outing today. I love the fact that I’m getting a core and upper body workout not just mainly legs like when I cycle or run. The beauty and peacefulness is hard to beat. Yesterday we were mostly on a golf course near our home and we saw zero people, just deer and squirrels. ;)

View attachment 8990180View attachment 8990181View attachment 8990182View attachment 8990183
Looks like a fantastic way to get in a workout!

I'm down 2 pounds this last week.. Keeping it going!

Good workout this morning, and about to wrap it up with an evening yoga session.

11 weeks in a row on the Tonal!

Getting interesting data in my first week with the whoop strap. I need to focus on getting more sleep..

Kid was exposed to covid at school, so we are keeping to ourselves for 10 days. Extra recovery woohoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back