2021 Better You Fitness Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never heard of Copenhagen adductor exercise so I googled it. I have been fighting soreness & general weakness in this area so I figured "I can try that!"
Right foot on chair: Right groin strained through 6 reps - painful. Left foot on chair: couldn't do one. And when I stood up I realized I'd done some serious damage - Hurts like hell right now:mad:

I'm not blaming you Alek😉 - just chalking it up to being an old man lol!

I'll have to work these in slowwwly and gradually. I can see where they should be a big help overall. The only good thing is - it doesn't hurt to walk around & do normal activities. I haven't tried golfing yet (praying I can do that)
Everything I've seen is that they are hard, but they work to build up strength. If you have to choose an isolated exercise, that's probably the best one.

Everything I've seen is that they are hard, but they work to build up strength. If you have to choose an isolated exercise, that's probably the best one.

Groin feels better today - but definitely not 100%. I was fooling myself into thinking I was in better shape than I really am. Yes, my legs, back, shoulders, chest are stronger than before from all this rowing & dumbbell workouts. But doing any kind of off-center motion? My stability is for sh*t & I'm pretty wobbly. I'm going to have to work some of this leg/hip stuff into my routines. Yoga too

Blergh

Squats were an abject failure. Warm ups went fine. A little tightness in the adductor but much better. 375 pinned me. Took it down to 355 and that pinned me again. Unloading the bar twice from the pins killed my time, so I just moved on.
Bench 195x5x3. Good. Ready to get Pfizer stuck into my left deltoid today.
Power clean 145x3x5. Good enough.

Blergh

Squats were an abject failure. Warm ups went fine. A little tightness in the adductor but much better. 375 pinned me. Took it down to 355 and that pinned me again. Unloading the bar twice from the pins killed my time, so I just moved on.
Bench 195x5x3. Good. Ready to get Pfizer stuck into my left deltoid today.
Power clean 145x3x5. Good enough.
Yeah, whenever squats pin me, doesn't happen often anymore, but that always seemed to be a dead giveaway the session was over.

Yeah, whenever squats pin me, doesn't happen often anymore, but that always seemed to be a dead giveaway the session was over.
Either not enough stress on Friday, or not enough recovery. Leaning toward not enough stress. Very near time to change things up.

Either not enough stress on Friday, or not enough recovery. Leaning toward not enough stress. Very near time to change things up.
I would say light day on Wednesday, medium day on Friday and Texas Method next week.

Got weight down to 208. I think 200 is a good goal for me. I may just have a little belly post accident that I can’t do anything about. Oh well. 198 would be cool to see as that would be 100# down.

Frustration workout last night. No spotter so kept weight light but probably burned 1k calories an hour between the heavy bag, weights, and rolling BJJ (practice technique).

Went out jogging this morning and about 10 minutes in I felt a pain on my left leg between my ankle and calf. Walked for a bit and the decided to give it a little try and after a few seconds felt something pop. Reckon I've torn something. Put an ice wrap on it when I got home. There's definitely something there but it's difficult to know how bad.

Time. That's the issue. We'll run it and see how it goes.
I hear ya. 4-day splits are a good for this. Hell, doing a 4-day split over an 7 day week works fine too.

Warm weather means i need to start running again

Warm weather means i need to start running again
Need a warm burst to get back outside... Treadmill is soooo boring...

Great day today though... 2.5mi and abs circuit...feeling good and less round

Squats tonight weren't great. Everything felt heavy and moved slow and sucked.

Tough night in the gym. Everything has felt like crap this week. I needed help to finish my bench press 1rm attempt at 375. I took a bunch of weight off and then did 3x5 at 265, then 250 close grip bench presses 3x4, then I pressed 155 for 4x3. I finished with 3x5 straight arm lat pulldowns.

threw some weights around after my 2 mile run... feeling good and body didnt even realize im aging...

threw some weights around after my 2 mile run... feeling good and body didnt even realize im aging...

Wait til tomorrow....
Lol

I’m kinda digging the bachelor workouts I’ve been into. I get frustrated I go down and lift weights or punch the heavy bag. If I’m not feeling it but need to do something? I’ll walk through hitting every BJJ lock/submission that I know from every position. If I’m feeling really creative I’ll re-learn one that I learned a long time ago but likely wasn’t paying attention. It’s amazing how fast they come back. I really wish I’d have known some of these ways to control my body back when I was a wrestler.

It’s more mental but it also works on some explosiveness as when it’s time to hit one, it’s time for .5 seconds of controlled aggression.

Good Wednesday to everyone.
Good workout to get back on track.
Light squats (beltless) 255x5x3. Good.
Overhead press 122.5x5x3. Good.
Deadlift 415x5 PR. That last rep felt sloooow, but locked it out.
Adductor feels pretty good. A little tight and very little discomfort.

Just keep on rolling. On week 9 of my dumbbell workouts, which are 3 times per week. Feeling stronger now, and have been able to up my weights the last 2 weeks. Still need to add more yoga, as it's been hit or miss lately.

Diet has been good, and I'm on track to get back to a weight where I feel the best.

Finally got to test on the trackman last night. Something must have been working with all of the off-season lifting!! My averages tonight were higher than my previous PRs. Bring on the LD season! (y)

3D787797-6D02-4114-98F0-F5A2CFD628FA.JPGF69766F8-9550-4906-A9F5-E93557B8316B.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back