2021 Better You Fitness Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Friday!
TM Intensity squats 365x5. Last rep bar got a little forward but got it up.
Overhead press 127.5x5x3. When my bar path is good, it flies up. When it is off even a little bit, rougher sailing.
Barbell row 155x8x3.

Golf later this morning and building a swingset this evening.

Happy Friday!
TM Intensity squats 365x5. Last rep bar got a little forward but got it up.
Overhead press 127.5x5x3. When my bar path is good, it flies up. When it is off even a little bit, rougher sailing.
Barbell row 155x8x3.

Golf later this morning and building a swingset this evening.
Happy Friday! Glad to see your progress in here. Definitely a step beyond what I current do, but it's been fun to follow along Enjoy the golf today, should have great weather for April, and good luck with that playset!

How was everyone's weekend?

After the workout Friday early, golf Friday during the day, working on the swingset until sunset Friday, and finishing up Saturday, I was feeling a bit stiff over the weekend, and I didn't sleep that well last night. No matter. Monday morning wake up came around as usual.

TM week 2
Volume Squats: 330x5x5. Hard, but not as hard as last week. May have been a little detraining effect two weeks ago?
Bench press 202.5x5x3 - First set was rough. Second set was very good. Last rep of set 3 was tough.
Power Clean - 155x3x5 - Didn't have long socks today, and that was an error. Right shin, though healed, was not up to the bar going against it. Wore a knee sleeve over my shin to limit the damage.

Onward and upward!

How was everyone's weekend?

After the workout Friday early, golf Friday during the day, working on the swingset until sunset Friday, and finishing up Saturday, I was feeling a bit stiff over the weekend, and I didn't sleep that well last night. No matter. Monday morning wake up came around as usual.

TM week 2
Volume Squats: 330x5x5. Hard, but not as hard as last week. May have been a little detraining effect two weeks ago?
Bench press 202.5x5x3 - First set was rough. Second set was very good. Last rep of set 3 was tough.
Power Clean - 155x3x5 - Didn't have long socks today, and that was an error. Right shin, though healed, was not up to the bar going against it. Wore a knee sleeve over my shin to limit the damage.

Onward and upward!
How was the golf Friday, and is the playset playable for your little ones?

How was the golf Friday, and is the playset playable for your little ones?
Typical first round of the year 47-39 haha. Alignment and ball position issues.

Other than the mudpit it is currently in, all good on the playset. Just an almost 3 year old being moody while his little sister used the swing.

Typical first round of the year 47-39 haha. Alignment and ball position issues.

Other than the mudpit it is currently in, all good on the playset. Just an almost 3 year old being moody while his little sister used the swing.
That does look like a typical first round :ROFLMAO:. Like 2 different golfers out there.

We have 3 kids, and 3 individual swings, plus a larger spider swing....and we still have issues. Just unavoidable sometimes it seems! But glad you got it up, and they will enjoy it I'm sure!

I walked 27 on Saturday and the Sunday ran the chainsaw, hauled logs, made a raised garden bed, moved soil.. exhausting but felt good. And I've been holding strong on the diet

Started riding late November, and just completed my 200th Peloton ride. No shout out which wasn’t surprising as I was one of 7.5k on the ride. I did do the next live ride though, and didn’t realize a certain MrHicksta was on the ride until he did get a shout for his 200th ride LOL. Anyway, keep seeing positive changes happening to the body which motivates me to carry on. This is easily the longest I’ve kept up with my fitness for a good 15 or so years.

Yay squats and snatches tonight. Snatches wer rough, I just wanted to see if my wrist could handle it. Jury is still out. The bursitis in my knee was just fine for the squats, which is nice.

Competed in the Professional Long Drivers Association (PLDA) online “local” qualifier this weekend. Put up what I believe is the 2nd and 3rd longest balls of these online qualifiers. Happy with how I hit it, but excited to keep building on it.

This was my first time using the aboutGolf simulator, but I would guess these clubhead speeds are a touch higher than I would have expected, and ball speeds a touch lower than I expected. Either way, happy to have qualified for the second round (x2) for later this month in Columbia, SC!

Pic from my longest (380y) this weekend:

ecab83ebad7822bf8caea7cd5aff0680.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#Beast

I think you’re right though on AboutGolf. At least you seem to be playing a version with realistic spin. The one I get on sometimes is from 2006 and you can’t hit a driver with under 3300 spin. My kid who plays a bullet draw and spins it about 1700 on Trackman is over 3k there, lol.

Ironically enough it’s pretty dead on with irons both in spin and distance though? 🤷‍♂️

#Beast

I think you’re right though on AboutGolf. At least you seem to be playing a version with realistic spin. The one I get on sometimes is from 2006 and you can’t hit a driver with under 3300 spin. My kid who plays a bullet draw and spins it about 1700 on Trackman is over 3k there, lol.

Ironically enough it’s pretty dead on with irons both in spin and distance though? 🤷‍♂️

Appreciate it my man (y)

Yeah, all simulators really have their positives and negatives. When I hit inside with a TM, the spin numbers are total guesses (in italics), because the ball is moving too fast and it can't get two full rotations before it hits the screen :ROFLMAO:.

These AG spin numbers seemed pretty good pretty much all day, but would like to hit again and have some outdoor TM numbers to compare.

Funny story, this was my first time using this AG sim, so I was there I was warming up hitting my 7i (pretty stock at 210y), and there were two older gentlemen in the simulator directly next to mine. They saw me hitting and just kind of shrugged it off and then saw me hit my 7i and came over and said "have you used this before? Let me make sure you don't have any boosts on, that seems awful far for a 7i" :ROFLMAO:

Solid chest day yesterday. 4x8 @ 240 lbs flat bench, followed by 4x8 @ 225 lbs close grip. I'll be happy when the volume days go away and my program gets back to sets of 3-5 hahah

Also, not really trying to lose weight, more just recomp a little. Trim some fat, keep my strength, etc. Weighed in yesterday at < 250 lbs. That's the first time in about 2 years I've gotten back below that. Must be the upcoming wedding making me stay focused on my diet this time around :LOL:

Appreciate it my man (y)

Yeah, all simulators really have their positives and negatives. When I hit inside with a TM, the spin numbers are total guesses (in italics), because the ball is moving too fast and it can't get two full rotations before it hits the screen :ROFLMAO
These AG spin numbers seemed pretty good pretty much all day, but would like to hit again and have some outdoor TM numbers to compare.

Funny story, this was my first time using this AG sim, so I was there I was warming up hitting my 7i (pretty stock at 210y), and there were two older gentlemen in the simulator directly next to mine. They saw me hitting and just kind of shrugged it off and then saw me hit my 7i and came over and said "have you used this before? Let me make sure you don't have any boosts on, that seems awful far for a 7i" :ROFLMAO:

BTDT, lol. Back the winter I overspeed trained (2017-2018) I was getting driver into the low
130’s. PW was pretty stock at 165 yards or so. Anyways with that kind of speed I’d get a lot of lookie lou’s anytime they started hearing solid sounds, it just sounds different. I realized that one day when there was a kid getting into the upper 120’s in a bay beside mine. THWACK! Then the poor impact screen groaning. Of course I then became the Louie Lou, lol.

One day I’m hitting and that PW is going every bit of 200?? I could do it by hooding it and pulling it but I had to work on it. This was just my stock shot. Turns out someone had adjusted one of the settings which added 20% onto everything. Took me a good 10 balls and a lot of head scratching to figure out though. Thought I was just BRINGING it that day at first, lol.

No workout other than a 16.5 hour day yesterday inoculating the world (or my work county, just feels like the world). My team (of 3 and an occasional borrowed loaner) has given over 40% of the vaccines in my work county. We a bunch of tired folks. No workout today, but only plan on about 13 hours of work.

Tomorrow though, unless someone ruins my plans, 8 hours work (good luck keeping me there longer) tackle my yard, and spend 2 hours or so in my private Dojo-consists of weights, a heavy bag, and a wrestling mat. Good enough. Probably rain so yard will be out.

Thursday I haven’t committed to a clinic yet, waiting on weather report. If it’s nice, someone else is gonna have to jab arms as I’m going golfing. Have to decide that today. So might want to check out the weather? Maybe some other poor sap volunteered already and I won’t have to worry about it? I guess I’m about to find out.

Besides @DFitz364 we don’t care about your 7I, we wanna see that 8i... 🤣

Nice job on the weight. I’m holding steady at 220# or so but removing the fat and converting to muscle so I don’t expect to lose a ton more. 230# was my original target but don’t carry it nearly as well at 42 as I did at 25. Figured I’d rather hulk out (I’m single and women like arms:)) than drop another 15-20 or so.

Besides @DFitz364 we don’t care about your 7I, we wanna see that 8i... 🤣

Nice job on the weight. I’m holding steady at 220# or so but removing the fat and converting to muscle so I don’t expect to lose a ton more. 230# was my original target but don’t carry it nearly as well at 42 as I did at 25. Figured I’d rather hulk out (I’m single and women like arms:)) than drop another 15-20 or so.

I.. about that 8i... :ROFLMAO:

Maybe one day. I actually have been wanting to reshaft the entire iron set with some X7's (or equivalent), so may have an excuse to finally put a shaft back in the 8i. We will see :unsure:

I.. about that 8i... :ROFLMAO:

Maybe one day. I actually have been wanting to reshaft the entire iron set with some X7's (or equivalent), so may have an excuse to finally put a shaft back in the 8i. We will see :unsure:

I’ll just grab the F2 (I think) from my dads 8i for ya. Should fit you just fine. A Shafts a shaft. Who knows, with the lag you’d create you’d either break it (not likely with UST quality) or send one into low orbit.

Due to crazy height I used to achieve, I played R-flex steel Shafts until recently. The lag I created actually delofted the clubs some and kept the shots flatter and more piercing than playing a stiffer steel shaft. I’m old and busted now and switched to graphite. Having decent success keeping it lower (happens when you blade and top 30% of them) but I’ve totally redone my swing to compensate for the old and busted. I’m not going to keep up with you but still hit it plenty far for any course I’d play.

I’ll just grab the F2 (I think) from my dads 8i for ya. Should fit you just fine. A Shafts a shaft. Who knows, with the lag you’d create you’d either break it (not likely with UST quality) or send one into low orbit.

Due to crazy height I used to achieve, I played R-flex steel Shafts until recently. The lag I created actually delofted the clubs some and kept the shots flatter and more piercing than playing a stiffer steel shaft. I’m old and busted now and switched to graphite. Having decent success keeping it lower (happens when you blade and top 30% of them) but I’ve totally redone my swing to compensate for the old and busted. I’m not going to keep up with you but still hit it plenty far for any course I’d play.

Yeah, I currently have X100s in my irons, and they are absolutely not a solid fit, but are what I have. My 7i is 210, but my 4i only gets out to like 240y because it balloons so bad. All of the X100s seem to balloon quite a bit in the long irons. Touch too soft in the tip for my liking. That's what I get for just buying these irons from ebay and hoping for a good fit! Haha

LD buddy of mine down here told me he was swapping out of X7s in his irons, and would let me throw them in my long irons to give them a try and see if I like them. If I do, they are going in all of the irons. Going to guess I will probably like them hahah

I put off work long enough to get a solid upper body in. No spot flat legged so I have to be careful, 175x10x3. 9 and 10 last set required moderate to severe grunting. Perfect no spot weight. There wasn’t any doubt they were going up (well 10 was, but it was going up even if I took a break).

Bunch of other no spot lifts and I feel good. I hope I have the touch to inoculate folks pain free all day.

My Gym got new equipment that connects right to my iWatch - Really a nice feature
Will look to improve this in the upcoming days/weeks.

1618327645009.png

Ok Wednesday.
Recovery squats 280x5x2 beltless. Solid.
Overhead press 130x5x3. Last set was quite good.
Deadlift 425x4. Missed the 5th rep. Got the bar off the ground, but that was all she wrote. The 4th rep was a real grind. I'll try it again next week.

Ok Wednesday.
Recovery squats 280x5x2 beltless. Solid.
Overhead press 130x5x3. Last set was quite good.
Deadlift 425x4. Missed the 5th rep. Got the bar off the ground, but that was all she wrote. The 4th rep was a real grind. I'll try it again next week.
You'll get it next time. Gravity can be a cruel mistress.

The pull I felt a couple of weeks ago turned out to be no more than a pull of the achilles tendon. Feeling a lot better now but I'll leave the running machine for a couple of more weeks.

We were allowed back in the gym here in the UK on Monday and going felt good. 18 minutes on steps machine and 18 on the bike is a nice regular morning routine to burning cals off.

It was bench presses last night. 335x3, 260x5x3. Then close grip bench presses 250x4x4. Pressed 150x8x2. Did 4x6 lat pulldowns.

Lots of upperbody work and I was pretty happy with the top set of bench presses.

Lower stress deadlifts tonight, 460, 2x3. Then Romanian Deadlifts 295, 4x5. I have bursitis in my knee and every time the bar brushed my knee - distinct pain. I have a lesson tomorrow. My knee will behave. If it doesn't they make more everyday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back