2021 Better You Fitness Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m aware of the Echelon. I really like the whole Peloton ecosystem. I now have my favourite instructors and I like the cadence and resistance call outs. I do sometimes wonder whether it’s worth paying and extra $25 a month just for access to the leaderboard and a couple of extra metrics.
Right...I’ve thought the same.

Right...I’ve thought the same.

There a whole Facebook group dedicated to using the Echelon with the peloton app, so it’s a good bike. Maybe if I ever get a $2k stimulus check, I’ll get the peloton bike, if not, I’ll get an Echelon LOL.

There a whole Facebook group dedicated to using the Echelon with the peloton app, so it’s a good bike. Maybe if I ever get a $2k stimulus check, I’ll get the peloton bike, if not, I’ll get an Echelon LOL.
My buddy has the Echelon and raves about it. Who knows which route we will go.

My wife signed up for Weight Watchers. She asked me to do it with her, so I guess I am!🤷‍♂️

Good workout today. Circumstances out of my control have me taking the rest of the week off.
Squat 265x5x3
Bench 180x5x3
Power clean 145x3x5 - better than last time but still a little sloppy.

Got some good work in yesterday. 30 minutes of yoga, and some push ups. Getting back into consistent workouts feels good!

Starting my improved nutrition program with a bang: Interval fasting. Nothing but water or black coffee since dinner, last night.

Finished-up the last of the home-made holiday cookies, yesterday, as well as the last of an open bag of Doritos.

"Workout" today will consist of clearing this weekend's snowfall and vacuuming :). Rest of the week: Three weight-training sessions and one cardio.

Good workout today. Circumstances out of my control have me taking the rest of the week off.
Squat 265x5x3
Bench 180x5x3
Power clean 145x3x5 - better than last time but still a little sloppy.
Great looking workout.

I have a run planned here shortly followed up by 1st day of some circuit training.

Well here's to moving in the direction where you can make a better more consistent swing!

Well, it's the first Monday of the new year, and I'm 1 for 1 so far - got a streak going...

Did 20 mins of beginner yoga today and then 50 crunches just for fun.

I also spent 15 minutes running thru some exercises on my guitar, but not sure that counts as "fitness" right? Ha.

My goal right now is 18 miles walking and running a week. My normal walk routine is 3 miles so this would be 6 days a week. I also do a longer walk a couple days a week. This could increase as the year moves on. Not really any change from what I have been doing the last 6 months.

I'm also going to add in some sort of body weight stuff and KBs 3 days a week. I am thinking pushups and body squats and KB swings. This is a change. Have not been doing this.

I'm also going to work a ton on my flexibility. It has lagged a ton in the last 4-5 years. I could do the splits when I was 33. I can barely touch my toes right now.

Run complete...smooth 3 miles at a moderate pace.

Just signed up for a Half Marathon in March...so time to get busy.

Probably more of a diet thing than workout but I’m going to try to not eat sugar for a couple of weeks. It’s hard because I love sweets.

Probably more of a diet thing than workout but I’m going to try to not eat sugar for a couple of weeks. It’s hard because I love sweets.
Me too. Now that the cookies are gone, this is a goal of mine too!

Solid eating and exercise today

Nutrition is every bit as important as exercise. More important in some ways.

Really pushing the fitness and health this year.
So far I have been all in on Apple Fitness+, yoga in the mornings, strength or core after that, and a HIIT workout in the evenings. I feel better already (more limber, more energy).
Last night the wife and I ordered an indoor bike for spin, to begin using as well, to compliment our elliptical. Really excited to keep this up and see how things progress in 2021!

Really pushing the fitness and health this year.
So far I have been all in on Apple Fitness+, yoga in the mornings, strength or core after that, and a HIIT workout in the evenings. I feel better already (more limber, more energy).
Last night the wife and I ordered an indoor bike for spin, to begin using as well, to compliment our elliptical. Really excited to keep this up and see how things progress in 2021!

Good effort brother! What did you order for a spin bike?

I'll use this as an accountability thread...

Last year I/we completely changed our diet after watching the Forks Over Knives documentary. We don't stick to it 100% since we have not intentions of becoming fulltime vegans. We did make several changes though, eliminating most all meat and dairy. The diet change alone accounted for a solid/consistent weight loss of 20lbs for me. I very pleased with my weight loss and I know my health has improved as well. I highly recommend this documentary!

This year I'll be incorporating exercise. I'm not going to go crazy with goals but I am committing to a mild form of training. I have placed my dumbbell set next to my home office desk. Since I'm able to work from home so much I'll be using my dumbbells while working. It takes less than 5 minutes to do 100 presses, flys or curls so I'm committing to complete two of these every day, for 200 total. It isn't much but it's already making a huge difference in my flexibility; I actually started on-and-off early Dec.

I think we will be purchasing a new treadmill as ours is wearing out.

I haven't kept up with treadmills. Anything on the shortlist? I heard Peloton just came out with one in the last year, but I know nothing about it.

I haven't kept up with treadmills. Anything on the shortlist? I heard Peloton just came out with one in the last year, but I know nothing about it.

The wife will want the Peloton one but they are 5-8 weeks out for both of them. I will start a deep dive on them today.

Good lunchtime run...
931A78B1-DE8E-4BE5-8FE8-CC3B0ED3EAE3.jpeg

Loving all the updates from everyone showing progress, or just jumping in!

Been a good start for me so far. Yoga and dumbbell exercises last night. Need to find a way to get cardio in during the winter now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back