2021 Better You Fitness Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been staying motivated since starting full force in late October with the peloton. I’m on day 70 of some sort of excercise through the app. I’m good for 4 to 5 spin classes a week, one strength, 2 Yoga and stretching in the mornings and post rides.

I definitely want to keep this up as long as possible. Since mid November I’ve been better about the diet as well. I’ve taken off 15lbs in that time going from 237 to 222 while likely adding some muscle at the same time.

My goals over the coming months before spring hits is to get down in the 205 to 210 range in weight with the healthy diet and continue to ramp up some of the strength training to build muscle. At 6’4” that was always where I felt best with staying trim and having some muscle. I haven’t been near that in 5 or 6 years, but Covid has given me good excuse to dedicate myself to it and hopefully this thread will keep me motivated and accountable as well.

I’ve been staying motivated since starting full force in late October with the peloton. I’m on day 70 of some sort of excercise through the app. I’m good for 4 to 5 spin classes a week, one strength, 2 Yoga and stretching in the mornings and post rides.

I definitely want to keep this up as long as possible. Since mid November I’ve been better about the diet as well. I’ve taken off 15lbs in that time going from 237 to 222 while likely adding some muscle at the same time.

My goals over the coming months before spring hits is to get down in the 205 to 210 range in weight with the healthy diet and continue to ramp up some of the strength training to build muscle. At 6’4” that was always where I felt best with staying trim and having some muscle. I haven’t been near that in 5 or 6 years, but Covid has given me good excuse to dedicate myself to it and hopefully this thread will keep me motivated and accountable as well.
Seems like you've been on a good path for a while

Loving all the updates from everyone showing progress, or just jumping in!

Been a good start for me so far. Yoga and dumbbell exercises last night. Need to find a way to get cardio in during the winter now.

Loving all the updates from everyone showing progress, or just jumping in!

Been a good start for me so far. Yoga and dumbbell exercises last night. Need to find a way to get cardio in during the winter now.
Cardio during winter months for me were tough. Either I did it as soon as I woke up or I didn't end up doing it at all. Too many things to distract me...not to mention...if I debated how cold it was outside I wouldn't go.

I wish I could get that motivated...

Last winter I got some Saucony Winter Trail running shoes, I only wore them once due to the minimal amount of snow that we got, but they were fantastic, feet stayed dry and warmish and traction was pretty solid.

I'm going to keep swimming for cardio then switch back to golf (walking) for it in March, then probably cancel the gym membership in April on

Cardio during winter months for me were tough. Either I did it as soon as I woke up or I didn't end up doing it at all. Too many things to distract me...not to mention...if I debated how cold it was outside I wouldn't go.

What's your mileage target for this year?

Managed to actually get a live ride in today.
498596FA-78C3-4FC5-A616-32B504E92D33.png

I started a weight loss/fitness journey mid August last year. At that point I weighed appr 300 lbs. So far I have lost 70 lbs and I have another 15 lbs to loose in the next couple of months.
After that my plan is to keep the weight until end of the summer and then to cut the last 10 lbs next autumn.
I have a daily training schedule of appr 1 hour PW and then a gym session with 30 min cross trainer and some weight training.
I do this journey together with my son which is a huge motivation.
In the process I have also got faster golf swing which I need to master this winter, since right now I have lost some control of the club face.

I managed to get a minor back injury last week so right now I am doing mostly Power Walks and cardio. Hope to get back to weight lifting and swinging a golf club again next week.

As for diet, I am keeping it simple. I count the calories I eat and allow for some additional calories during Fri-Sat.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

I started a weight loss/fitness journey mid August last year. At that point I weighed appr 300 lbs. So far I have lost 70 lbs and I have another 15 lbs to loose in the next couple of months.
After that my plan is to keep the weight until end of the summer and then to cut the last 10 lbs next autumn.
I have a daily training schedule of appr 1 hour PW and then a gym session with 30 min cross trainer and some weight training.
In the process I have also got faster golf swing which I need to master this winter, since right now I have lost some control of the club face.

I managed to get a minor back injury last week so right now I am doing mostly Power Walks and cardio. Hope to get back to weight lifting and swinging a golf club again next week.

As for diet, I am keeping it simple. I count the calories I eat and allow for some additional calories during Fri-Sat.

Looks like your well on your way! Keep it up, and best of luck!

Well done sir!

Starting slow and easy, getting the diet back on track and aiming for 100-150 bodyweight pushups/squats per day. Stepped on scale at 243 which is a number I haven't seen since adding the freshmen 15 in college 15 years ago. Got some work to do.

Starting slow and easy, getting the diet back on track and aiming for 100-150 bodyweight pushups/squats per day. Stepped on scale at 243 which is a number I haven't seen since adding the freshmen 15 in college 15 years ago. Got some work to do.
You got this! Get started, and keep adding little by little!

Holy ****!!!! This ride officially broke me!!! The last 5 minutes were brutal! Amazing tunes though! Never thought I’d be working out to Phil Collins Psusedeo!!!
DA39ABDE-65E7-4954-9B04-29518F3A134F.png

Rest day for me today but I just knocked out 60 push ups & 60 sit ups. Back to running tomorrow...going to try and take it up to 5 miles. That will take me up to 21 miles for my first week back running. I’ll take it.

...and the best thing...had I not saw this thread I would have not knocked out the push ups or sit ups! Thanks @gkeller813 for keeping me honest & on point. Make sure to bump this sucker each morning.

Happy with the progress so far. Since hitting an all time high weight on 12/26, I started Noom, dove into Dry January, and have been hitting the treadmill. Down about 9 lbs and am encouraged where I am going to end up.

Happy with the progress so far. Since hitting an all time high weight on 12/26, I started Noom, dove into Dry January, and have been hitting the treadmill. Down about 9 lbs and am encouraged where I am going to end up.
Nice dude...keep it up!

...and the best thing...had I not saw this thread I would have not knocked out the push ups or sit ups! Thanks @gkeller813 for keeping me honest & on point. Make sure to bump this sucker each morning.
Glad to help out with a little motivation! Loved this thread last year for myself personally, as it was a great motivator. Dropped off a bit the end of 2020, so I'm glad to see this taking off so well for so many to begin 2021!

A new day, and another chance to start or continue on this journey!

Finished my run today...ended up being cut a half a mile short. Had to head out to get the daughter from school.

Pretty pleased with my pace and kept it under 9min/mi.

alright cold weather runners what are the tips... treadmill is already boring.

alright cold weather runners what are the tips... treadmill is already boring.
I have trouble just getting out when its cold, so paging @OITW

Added some ladder drill work today. Been a while since I've done it, but I want to keep playing mens league, with my high school team I coach, and with my kids. Needs to happen!! Difficult, but felt good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back