2021 Better You Fitness Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got two runs in today. A four miler & a three miler later in the day.

Happy Friday.
TM week 2.
Intensity Squat 370x5. New PR for absolute weight and reps
Bench press 205x5x3 PR
Barbell row 160x8x3

Squats:

Now time for donuts!

Depth looks better?
Depth isn't an issue at all. The biggest thing to work on is starting every rep knees+hips together. A few reps you're hips first and those had the slowest turnaround at the bottom.

Depth isn't an issue at all. The biggest thing to work on is starting every rep knees+hips together. A few reps you're hips first and those had the slowest turnaround at the bottom.

Long workout today.
TM week 3 volume squats 335x5x5. Done. Heavy. Haha.
Overhead press 132.5x5x2,3,1,1 rough but done
Power clean 160x3x5. Hurried these as I was running late. Meh. Done but I could have done better on them.

Pfizer jab 2 today. Full 5G incoming!

Last week was a bit short on the workouts thanks to some long days. Back at it this week. Legs and shoulders today to continue forward!

Had a spot the other night so kind of wanted to see where I was. Flat legged 255x3x2 255x2x1. I knew that lay one wasn’t coming up. I had to back off my spotter on the 2nd rep. Hulked up a hair so weight is up slightly. Waist size is down. CHS is up. I can go with that.

Still can’t squat. Hyperextended knee 6 weeks ago. Thought it a 2 day thing. Maybe when I was 18. Something not good happened. Livable but not conducive to lower body weight training. Thinking torn or partiallly torn ACL at this point. No stability. Enough pain it’s not fun, but I’ve had enough truama I dunno when it’s excessive and normal sometimes.

Long workout today.
TM week 3 volume squats 335x5x5. Done. Heavy. Haha.
Overhead press 132.5x5x2,3,1,1 rough but done
Power clean 160x3x5. Hurried these as I was running late. Meh. Done but I could have done better on them.

Pfizer jab 2 today. Full 5G incoming!

You’re close enough I might have jabbed ya. If so I hope I was gentle.

Ok because I’m dumb and there was someone that could have at least taken the weight off the bar here.

No spot flat leg 255x3x3. Last rep might have used half a leg. It had to get in the rack.

145 x10 x3 power curls? I don’t know but I hate both lifts so I combine them. I curl what I can, use my hips for the rest.

50# dumbbells until burnout by 3 sets each inside bicep curls. Always to straight down and correct form. I think I got 8 reps right arm first set and only went south from there. Good burn though. Can’t wait to squat! Knee is driving me bonkers.

You’re close enough I might have jabbed ya. If so I hope I was gentle.
Haah I went to the Wolstein Center, so I think you just missed me.

Good lifting today. After my reaction to my second vaccine dose last night, I wasn't sure it was going to happen today.
Light squats 285x5x2 - beltless - ok
Bench press 207.5x5x3 - second and third sets were very good.
Deadlift 425x5 - this time I did it! My brother in law said it sounded like I was giving birth on the last rep, which may or may not be true.

Getting back to training tonight after being shutdown yesterday dealing with vaccine side effects. Knee is sore AF. Gonna just keep training and make it better.
Squats: 330x5; 350x5; 375x7
High Bar Squats: 225x8; 245x8
Stiff Leg Deadlifts: 315+green band, 4x3

Oo
Getting back to training tonight after being shutdown yesterday dealing with vaccine side effects. Knee is sore AF. Gonna just keep training and make it better.
Squats: 330x5; 350x5; 375x7
High Bar Squats: 225x8; 245x8
Stiff Leg Deadlifts: 315+green band, 4x3

Oof. Stronger. I don’t understand half of your terms, they weren’t there 25 years ago. I understand bench, squat, C&J, and curl (for the girls, and I have been, lol)

I like. I can’t squat yet, a dishonor. I have been challenged. If my knee ever cooperated I’ll show. I’m a strong farm boy.

Happy Friday.
TM Week 3 Intensity Day Squats 375x5 - very strong.
Ran outside to catch a view of the SpaceX Falcon 9 launch, just caught it over the trees. Yay Science!
Overhead press 135x3x5. Sets of 3 moving forward. More reasonable. These were very good today without the intraset fatigue.
My skygazing taking time from my workout, so I didn't do barbell rows today. In the name of science.

Happy Friday.
TM Week 3 Intensity Day Squats 375x5 - very strong.
Ran outside to catch a view of the SpaceX Falcon 9 launch, just caught it over the trees. Yay Science!
Overhead press 135x3x5. Sets of 3 moving forward. More reasonable. These were very good today without the intraset fatigue.
My skygazing taking time from my workout, so I didn't do barbell rows today. In the name of science.
Skipping rows in the name of science is fine. Rows are skipable.

Skipping rows in the name of science is fine. Rows are skipable.
Maybe I run over to the club at lunch and do a few chin ups instead.

Start of a new week.
Walked and carried 18 yesterday afternoon, so I was interested to see what that would do to me today.
Week 4 TM Volume Squats 340x5x5 - good
Bench 210x4,5,5,1 - Lost the last rep on the first set, bad bar path. So I picked it up after my other sets.
Power Clean 165x3x5 - I was going to skip because of time, but glad I didn't. Felt that these were some of my better performed cleans.

Start of a new week.
Walked and carried 18 yesterday afternoon, so I was interested to see what that would do to me today.
Week 4 TM Volume Squats 340x5x5 - good
Bench 210x4,5,5,1 - Lost the last rep on the first set, bad bar path. So I picked it up after my other sets.
Power Clean 165x3x5 - I was going to skip because of time, but glad I didn't. Felt that these were some of my better performed cleans.
Crazy how that works, isn't it.

Crazy how that works, isn't it.
Really makes you shake your head.

And walking and carrying 18 isn't as bad when your squatting in the high 3s and deadlifting in the 4s. Who'd have thought? :LOL:

I have found taking Sundays off from weights is good for me. However by the time I cleaned the deck, detailed my wifes car, mowed the grass then hit balls I wished for a weight bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back