2021 Club Championships

jmix18

I'm just happy to be here.
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Who's got club championships coming up? Let's talk about it and share the details.

If you already had yours - how'd it go, how did you do, and what are your thoughts?

Got mine coming up this weekend. 2-day event, flighted with a championship flight. Trying to determine if I want to take a swing at the champ flight - knowing that I don't really have a chance to win. 1st round is the qualifier for day 2... top 9 stay in the champ division, the rest go to the president's flight. If I go 1st flight, I know I have a chance to win... but as my buddy said the other day: If I go champ flight and get 5th or 6th I'll be happy with my showing... if I go 1st flight and get anything other than 1st I'll be irritated... Current GHIN is 4.4.
Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Not until late November. @Doubleb21 is going down!

By next season we hope to crown a #sponsorTBD Points Champion in addition to the Players Championship.

I missed mine this year and was really bummed out about it. But with the golf I'm playing right now, it was probably for the best. Excited to play in it next year though

I had to miss mine I had a family wedding that weekend. My goal is usually to try to make it to match play. We do one day of qualification to get to the low 8 for match play. It is always a good time.

Ive got both of mine! I am pumped. I play at two public courses here.

One is in September and the other October. Winner gets to play in a regional event expenses paid.

Our club championship is match play, with the semis and final played on Labor Day weekend (Saturday and Sunday). Since my brother is getting married that weekend, I wasn't able to play this year.

Ive got both of mine! I am pumped. I play at two public courses here.

One is in September and the other October. Winner gets to play in a regional event expenses paid.
Good luck!

Signed up for local Bridger Creek's Club Championship this weekend. I played last year for the first time. I think they flight by handicap. Last year I was in the 1st flight after the Championship flight. We get quite a few college players in the Championship flight. I just played 4 out of 5 days on 3 different courses and hope that will help me put some pieces of the game together for a decent showing. I will have fun regardless of the score.

Ours was slated for this Friday-Sun. I was signed up but had to bail as I’m heading to Boston in 5 mins now till Friday.

Member-member partner tourney on Friday. 9 holes best ball, nine of Texas scramble and nine alternate shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is the 28th and 29th. First real tournament I will have ever played in

My club has 2 different courses, and the club championship was held at each over the past 2 weekends.
I’m ~ 7 index so played in B flight in each. Gross and net.

main course: 69.5/130
I 💩 the bed. Shot a 37 from 9 then forgot how to play. Shot an 87 on day 1, 88 on day 2 to place dead last in the flight.

other course: 73.3/145
Played much better there. Went 86/84. 6th place gross, Net runner up.

My Club Championship will be the 10th and 11th of Sept. Always a fun weekend. Shot a 73,72 to win it in 2019. Last season was in the final group on Sat and blew up with an 80. Need redemption this season.

It's weird for me being further south now and bouncing between clubs. Most around here aren't for a bit yet. It's member-member and member-guest season for a bit still after punching, few state run individuals, and then big brags and parking spots play starts rolling. I'll get to play with some of the guys in the other stuff and then just hear about the CC stuff. Will probably join the one next year that the wife likes best and get roped into it there. It's pretty competitive. Everyone want their name on that parking spot. :p

Our club has just recently merged with another so now we have access to both places. The new to me course has its championship weekend after next, but I will be out of town. My original home course should have their championship mid September. Planning on defending my title on that one.

Almost T-minus 12 hours till tee time! Ready and waiting. Last off for my group. Hopefully things go well!

Partner and I played our Member-Member today. Did pretty well in the best ball 9, better in the scramble 9, then struggled in the alternate shot. It was hot and humid with the heat index near 100. We were both running on empty for the final 9 of alternate shot. Thought we really crapped the bed. Turns out we missed first place in our flight by one stroke.

Partner and I played our Member-Member today. Did pretty well in the best ball 9, better in the scramble 9, then struggled in the alternate shot. It was hot and humid with the heat index near 100. We were both running on empty for the final 9 of alternate shot. Thought we really crapped the bed. Turns out we missed first place in our flight by one stroke.

If you are struggling good chance, everyone else is too! Congrats on 2nd.

Almost T-minus 12 hours till tee time! Ready and waiting. Last off for my group. Hopefully things go well!
Go get em tomorrow!

I am getting excited just reading the thread. My championship is next weekend and I am going to grind at the short game area tomorrow in preparation!
I just hope some of the experience helps me during the Morgan Cup

Go get em tomorrow!
First time playing champ flight. Hoping to just to show up... no expectations to win... just want a good showing. My bets are on a kid that just shot 29 in league on Wednesday night. Just want to give a good showing and not 💩 the bed. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I’m not good enough to feel comfortable playing in my club championship. We did just have our parent/Junior and took 2nd in the 12-14 division. My son is 14 and talented so we had an advantage over some of the younger kids. It was a shamble tee shot with alternate shot from the selected tee shot. We shot an 83 and first place shot 82. It was my fault we didn’t take 1st. Thinned one over a mountain of a green that led to a triple, and hit one into the water that led to a double. 1st place in the 15-18 was a 15 year old and they shot 74. So I have some work to do over the next year if I want my poor son to have a chance. Or he may adopt a new dad for next years tournament…

Our club championship is actually starting tomorrow for two days and for the first time in probably 15 years I decided to skip. Although my game is very good and I know could compete very well in the senior division I just basically lost interest in 5 1/2 hour rounds in 100°F temperatures/high humidity which is tradition of this time of year up here.

I don’t know what it is but as well there’s a lot of golfers at my club I find that just take it too serious and believe they can come out and shoot a sub 70 round when they haven’t shot unders 80 all year! We pretty well play most of our golf 2 versus 2 match play and it is a lot of fun and very competitive. I just struggle with watching someone spend five minutes over a putt and looking at it from all directions and then missing by 3 feet and get angry at themselves.

I’m not the only one as it seems like probably of the top 10 seniors from plus handicaps to mid single digits, probably eight out of 10 are skipping it this year. It seems every year there are a few more dropping out and it just happens that this year I just have better things to do with my weekend. So tomorrow I’m playing golf with my wife for the first time this year and my close buddy and his wife. Should be a lot of fun.

Good luck to those who are competing this year I wish you all the luck.

Back