2021 College Golf

Their event rules said competition could not extend past Wednesday. The next round isn't until May 21st; seems like they could made an exception in this case.

The weather is going to be near perfect today and tomorrow, too -- upper 70s/low 80s and sunny.

Completely agree, I think an exception could have been made. Might be the course executives to blame as well. I'm sure more details will emerge at some point.

The course may not have been perfect, but it's way better than just saying oh okay, top 6, you're in. That's a freakin joke. That's like saying hey Kansas City! Welcome to the AFC Championship since ya'll were best in the AFC at the end of the regular season. You don't have to even dress the next 3 weeks.

NCAA Men's play is underway -- in all regions.

Florida State is off to a hot start on its home course. Texas also has an early double-digit lead in the Noblesville Regional.

NCAA Men's play is underway -- in all regions.

Florida State is off to a hot start on its home course. Texas also has an early double-digit lead in the Noblesville Regional.
FSU's five are T1, T4, T4, T6 and T39 currently. Right now they have a 10 shot lead over second place Liberty.

Texas's lead has evaporated, thanks to 2 bogeys, 3 doubles, and 1 triple on holes 15-17, so far.

Texas's lead has evaporated, thanks to 2 bogeys, 3 doubles, and 1 triple on holes 15-17, so far.
Wish you wouldn't make fun of my scorecard! Oh wait...you meant that team. My bad ;):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

FSU tried to do the same thing. They ultimately gave back four, but so did Liberty. FSU still has 7 shots on Georgia Tech now.

They ended up a combined +15 on those 3 holes today. Mason Nome was -3 thru 14, but went double-triple-double to take his score out of the team total.

Good start for the ACC: a 1 (FSU), t1 (NCSU), 2 (GT), and t2 (UNC) in the clubhouse, with Wake Forest just a shot back in Cle Elum coming down the stretch.

Clemson laid an egg, though.

From what I have heard regarding the NCAA and the women's event it sounds incredibly unfair to the point of being rigged. It is a complete travesty what they did.

From all accounts it sounds like the men's regional courses have been playable AND at a championship level so far.

No respect here from the Golf Channel, @MattyD-MPLS . The only two players without a logo in the PGA Tour U Top 15 on the ticker:

KIMG4467.JPG

FSU already 3 under on the day, but Liberty is starting red hot trying to make up the ground they lost late yesterday.

Clemson, Arkansas, and Vanderbilt are making big moves in the Kingston Springs regional today.

Liberty is trying to do what FSU did yesterday, they are currently 14 under and regained second place by 3 over GT. TCU has snuck itself into the top 5 sitting at -11 on the day so far. Johnny Pak, FSU's #1 and currently world #3 am, is not having a great second round. After three straight birdies on holes 2-4, he's gone 4 over.

Was checking on my Sooners in their regional and saw where the 4 scores the San Diego golf team took for the par 5 18th hole were a Par 5, Birdie 4, Eagle 3, Double Eagle 2. Not bad combined -6 for that one hole!:oops:

Well, I think its safe to say FSU will be advancing to the National Championship. They're currently leading the field by 11 and their last guy is on 13. Kansas and TCU are chasing Georgia Southern for the 5th spot, but GS isn't giving it up easy being 10 under on the day so far.

...aaaaaand to 35 under, 15 clear of second place. Currently a three way tie for 5th.

They finished up the karsten creek regional yesterday for fear of weather.

OSU blew the field away as they should.
My Bears cratered on the 3rd round, shooting 16 over after E the first 2.
Baylor was in the 5th spot in the clubhouse as the last two teams finished up.
Auburn had 2 bogies on 18 to drop 2 behind. but with the final group on the course, their kid eagled 18 to tie for 5th.
Little Rock had all 5 players birdie the 18th including one right after the aforementioned eagle to grab the final spot by 1 stroke. :oops:

Georgia Southern has now fallen three out of 5th. TCU is one shot behind Kansas.

Back