2021 devices, apps for gps, shot tracking: etc. iOS, android, wearable?

I use the Arrcoss Cobra Connect sensors for my irons and the normal screw-in sensors for other clubs. I am a big fan of their system.

Tech that I use for training and other purposes would be the Blast sensor (putting and full shots) and GolfLogix app

View attachment 8998277View attachment 8998278

Yep. That's basically it. You pick your club, it generally knows where you are, and obviously to start a hole, but you can scroll to a bunch of lie options. You can pick your target and intended yardage, but it is NOT NECESSARY. In the end that doesn't matter because you scroll to the result where you end up, and it records THAT. So you're basically just picking your club on 95% of shots. Start of the hole it knows you're on the tee box, after that it knows you're where you said your tee shot ended up. Only one I ever have to do much is a layup. Then it compiles all the tracked shot data in the app and their website for you to view in a variety of ways.

Good to see and glad I did before I got around to buying a shotscope v3. Will definitely need to try this first. Been pretty happy with Grint stats but was looking for the deeper yardages and pin proximity.

Good to see and glad I did before I got around to buying a shotscope v3. Will definitely need to try this first. Been pretty happy with Grint stats but was looking for the deeper yardages and pin proximity.
I'll try to do a recording of using on course tomorrow for you if I can. I've been meaning to give it another go for a while and just kind of forgot.

edit: found a screen recorder that will still work with grint running, and tested it for that post in the other thread, so I think I can put something together now out there

Last edited:
I'll try to do a recording of using on course tomorrow for you if I can. I've been meaning to give it another go for a while and just kind of forgot.

edit: found a screen recorder that will still work with grint running, and tested it for that post in the other thread, so I think I can put something together now out there

You've motivated/convinced me to start using the GPS feature on the Grint. I am planning on mounting my phone to the pushcart to measure shots, so would I have to manually input my putts after the hole? I tried to use it once, but had issues right off the bat and never tried it again.

You've motivated/convinced me to start using the GPS feature on the Grint. I am planning on mounting my phone to the pushcart to measure shots, so would I have to manually input my putts after the hole? I tried to use it once, but had issues right off the bat and never tried it again.
Yeah, you just tap 'add score' and that screen is really easy. + or - on the strokes number and putts, direction of the tee shot, enter, and swipe left for the next hole. That's that. Did you see the on screen vid I posted of that in the other thread?

The shot tracking is a little more in depth, but like anything, you get better at it. Not expecting it to go perfectly every time helps too. lol I mean, I tap the wrong club every now and then and don't realize it until I go to 'end tracking' for the shot. So I just throw it out and move on. Sucks when it's a really great shot, but nothing's perfect.

I just realized I totally forget to do the on course thing with grint today!!

I totally forgot, but it was not the leisurely round I was originally hoping for. I honestly don't know if my frozen right hand could have pulled it off. I will try in the morning.

Alright @Scooby45 , @Jank , grinters, whoever else is interested. Made the vid.

It probably sucks, so take complaints to the ItIsn'tMyJob hotline and they'll file it in that special file that gets no attention. :p

It's really as fast as you make it, and has a learning curve like anything else. The data it gives you is really valuable. I'd do one of me scrolling through the app's shot charts and how I use them and everything, but honestly, the point will get a little lost in my data and I get enough internet abuse as is.

I forgot about 12 things I wanted to mention, but that's the gist though, and it's really pretty simple. (y)

Edit: And thanks to my lurker buddy who puts up with me doing things like this on course. We just did a closer to the pin and I'm told I could have at least let him win after doing that to start our round. :LOL:

Last edited:
@OldandStiff you are the man!! Thank you so much! Will give it a shot on Sunday.

Also, nice 295 "heely yank"!

It probably sucks, so take complaints to the ItIsn'tMyJob hotline and they'll file it in that special file that gets no attention. :p

It's really as fast as you make it, and has a learning curve like anything else. The data it gives you is really valuable. I'd do one of me scrolling through the app's shot charts and how I use them and everything, but honestly, the point will get a little lost in my data and I get enough internet abuse as is.

I forgot about 12 things I wanted to mention, but that's the gist though, and it's really pretty simple. (y)

Edit: And thanks to my lurker buddy who puts up with me doing things like this on course. We just did a closer to the pin same I'm told I could have at least let him win after doing that to start our round. :LOL:

Wow! I really appreciate you going to that much trouble for us, @OldandStiff! I've been using The Grint for several years, but only the free version. I did not realize it offered all that you showed us.

BTW, nice "heely yank" and you look neither old nor stiff. :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for the video. I just picked up a Shot Scope to reduce my on-course tech interaction to a minimum, but this looks really good if it doesn’t end up working out for me.

BTW, nice "heely yank" and you look neither old nor stiff. :ROFLMAO:

My thoughts exactly! If that’s old and stiff, I must be old and near death. 🤣

I have the Shot Scope V3 sitting a box next to me. It arrived a couple of weeks ago. That's gonna be my go to this year. I had fun with Game Golf back in 2014 and 2015 before my unit went tits up. I still have my Bushnell Z6 Jolt for when I want to go pin hunting.

Used TheGrint. One problem. I can’t find the data from my round yesterday?
You on phone or laptop?
You should be able to go to left side menu and click on scores, then click on the score/course you want to see and it will show all the data putt/gir/fir

1616246817728.png

Used TheGrint. One problem. I can’t find the data from my round yesterday?
In the app, from the FEED tab

Screenshot_20210320-082230_TheGrint.jpg

And it will take you to your scorecard

Screenshot_20210320-082328_TheGrint.jpg

You can expand the scorecard to see yardages and scores, GIR, tee accuracy, etc, and tap SHOTS to see each in order with distanced and results.

For distances and shot charts, etc, go to

Screenshot_20210320-082719_TheGrint.jpg

and just keep swiping left to the different screens.

I don’t know what happrned. No scores, no stats. Argh.
At the end it asks you to upload. Did you press and hold that button for a few seconds? Then it should have asked one more thing about rating the course then you can skip over that part.

Screenshot_20210320-085925_TheGrint.jpg

If you didn't upload it like @Snickerdog said, open the app, tap Play, and then Check Unfinished Rounds. Top one should be most recent and it will bring you back to it too finish it out.

Hope you find it and get it sorted. I got frustrated with just about all the tracking apps once or twice each early on. Like I said, there is a learning curve.

Just want to give another shoutout to @OldandStiff for his help on the Grint GPS usage. Tried it yesterday for the first time and it went pretty well. Still figuring out the details around the green since I don't want to keep my phone with me on the green, but the full shots were mostly a breeze.

Just want to give another shoutout to @OldandStiff for his help on the Grint GPS usage. Tried it yesterday for the first time and it went pretty well. Still figuring out the details around the green since I don't want to keep my phone with me on the green, but the full shots were mostly a breeze.
Glad it worked out for you!

View attachment 8998277View attachment 8998278

Yep. That's basically it. You pick your club, it generally knows where you are, and obviously to start a hole, but you can scroll to a bunch of lie options. You can pick your target and intended yardage, but it is NOT NECESSARY. In the end that doesn't matter because you scroll to the result where you end up, and it records THAT. So you're basically just picking your club on 95% of shots. Start of the hole it knows you're on the tee box, after that it knows you're where you said your tee shot ended up. Only one I ever have to do much is a layup. Then it compiles all the tracked shot data in the app and their website for you to view in a variety of ways.
I had tried doing this once before (tracking each shot) and about 3 shots in I felt it was taking too long. I might have to try that this year to see how it goes.

This is what I struggled with last time. I don't want to carry my phone to the green.

Edit: And thanks to my lurker buddy who puts up with me doing things like this on course. We just did a closer to the pin and I'm told I could have at least let him win after doing that to start our round. :LOL:

Thanks for this. this doesn't seem as bad as I remember. lol

Awesome video. Hadn’t seriously considered using any shot tracking apps as I have tied a couple and they were just too cumbersome. You know have me very interested in giving the Grint a shot. Thank you.

Back