2021 Florida State Golf Association Interclub Team Matches

#troy

Jax, FL
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
This Thursday kicks off the 2021 interclub match season.
Weekly matches over the next 6 weeks. Regional winners advance to the state tournament at Streamsong this year. Previous three years finals were held at Mission Inn.

Does your club compete?

1609784396790.png

I signed up for 4 of the 6 week matches.
Our club won the state finals back in 2015, was not a member then. We were regional winners last year but finals were cancelled due to the virus.

Should be a good time!

Interesting...makes me want to join Windor even more now.

Good luck Troy!!!

our schedule

January 7th @ Cimarrone
January 14th @ Windsor Parke vs Julington Creek
January 21st @ South Hampton
January 28th @ Windsor Parke vs Cimarrone
February 4th @ Julington Creek
February 11th @ Windsor vs South Hampton

our schedule

January 7th @ Cimarrone
January 14th @ Windsor Parke vs Julington Creek
January 21st @ South Hampton
January 28th @ Windsor Parke vs Cimarrone
February 4th @ Julington Creek
February 11th @ Windsor vs South Hampton
Pretty good schedule there.

Pretty good schedule there.
first week of a month is my busiest time at work, not signed up for the 1/7 or 2/4 dates. Which does not hurt my feelings as those two courses are probably my least favorite in the area.

first week of a month is my busiest time at work, not signed up for the 1/7 or 2/4 dates. Which does not hurt my feelings as those two courses are probably my least favorite in the area.
Cimarrone isn't that bad. Course has a lot of water. My biggest gripe is typically the condition of the greens. Always hit or miss.

Cimarrone isn't that bad. Course has a lot of water. My biggest gripe is typically the condition of the greens. Always hit or miss.
been that way for 20 years. Have already redone them and they were like concrete. Vowed to never play there again haha

My home course has participated previously, took a few year's off, but now with our largest number of golfing members ever, we'll be competing again next year, always a fun time

Well our club came up short in our region. Too many ties cost us points. Here is a recap of the whole state if interested: https://www.golfgenius.com/pages/7048608048503333519

Personally, I competed in 2 of the tournaments, with a 1-1 record. Was fun to compete against other local clubs.

Well our club came up short in our region. Too many ties cost us points. Here is a recap of the whole state if interested: https://www.golfgenius.com/pages/7048608048503333519

Personally, I competed in 2 of the tournaments, with a 1-1 record. Was fun to compete against other local clubs.
Some upsets there in the brackets. Bella Collina and Hammock Beach with some shocking results there considering how tough their courses are.

Good stuff. Had to be fun. You let that match slip away there at the end.

What time do these events typically take place? Mornings or afternoons or both?

Good stuff. Had to be fun. You let that match slip away there at the end.

What time do these events typically take place? Mornings or afternoons or both?
ours were Thursday's starting at noon for 6 weeks straight.

Back