2021 FootJoy Flex Coastal Shoes

OldeDude

--Still Alive and Well--
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
--17--
Just picked up a pair of the 2021 FootJoy Flex Coastal shoes, and I must say that I am pretty impressed. This is an update of the FootJoy Flex Coastal that was reviewed here on THP last year (2020 FooyJoy Flex Coastal Review), and personally I think this years version is a better looking shoe. I never had the opportunity to wear last year's model, so can't compare them further. I chose the Gray/White, they are also available in Black/Red and Navy/Blue.

I wore the Coastals on the coarse for the first time yesterday, fit is good, comfort is exceptional, and traction was very good for a spikeless shoe on a dry summer day. I'm mot likely to have them in any wet conditions any time soon, so not much I can say about wet traction, or water resistance.

Some say that FootJoy's Flex series run big, and I might have been able to go 1/2 size smaller, but then again, my feet stayed in place, and support felt really good, so they fit me fine in my regular size. These have a pretty roomy toe box, and arch support was sufficient, both of those being important to me with the shape of my feet.

I wore New Balance golf shoes for years, spiked and spikeless, and went to Asics spikeless last year, and have been really happy with both brands. These FootJoys are just a bit different style, a good looking shoe, with comfort and performance as good as anything else I've worn, so these will go into a rotation with the Asics at least through the summer and fall.

FJ_56138_04.png

FJ_56138_05.png

I have the older version and they are fantastic. I almost bought the new version in blue. Definitely comfortable shoes. Great choice!

I might be a player if they were offered in a spiked version. I like that the current trend is to more of a running-shoe style which should equal more comfort, but sadly spikes seem to be in the minority now.

I like the classic nylon look

those look good but I prefer eyelets to loops for durability

Back