DataDude

I Hate LIV
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I am not a car guy generally and I am definitely not an off-roaders type, but this vehicle is really making me drool. The blue on top with the 4 door setup shown below is on my mind. I really want to order one, but I have not even seen one in person yet. Anyone seen one in the wild? I have seen a couple of the Sport versions but not the real deal yet.
ford-bronco-badlands-2021-oem-01-angle--blue--exterior--front.jpg2021-ford-bronco-4-door-203-1594665952.jpg

Ya that does look good!!!!

The top picture is exactly what I ordered. Two door badlands in antimatter blue. I saw and sat in one in person at an exhibit a few months ago. It’s very similar in overall size to a wrangler but seems bigger because it doesn’t have a narrow hood and wide flares.

Be aware that if you order now you’re probably looking at delivery in late 2022 at the soonest. I reserved mine on day two last July and I don’t have a build date yet and might not get it until sometime next winter

The top picture is exactly what I ordered. Two door badlands in antimatter blue. I saw and sat in one in person at an exhibit a few months ago. It’s very similar in overall size to a wrangler but seems bigger because it doesn’t have a narrow hood and wide flares.

Be aware that if you order now you’re probably looking at delivery in late 2022 at the soonest. I reserved mine on day two last July and I don’t have a build date yet and might not get it until sometime next winter
Yeah, I kind of figured that. It will give me time to see exactly what they did anyway. I will probably end up with a 2022 or 2023 LOL

I saw one yesterday on the way to the course, it had temp plates on it from NJ and was being loaded on a flatbed wrecker. Put 2+2 together and figured out what the oil and shiny metal 1/4 mile up the road was by following the trail to the wrecker. 😳

I have seen a few out on the roads and they look much better than I thought they would.

I am def a 4 door type that is for sure!

It's tiny. Well, not that small, but it is smaller than an Explorer.
You may be thinking of the smaller Bronco(Sport). The full size is just now starting to ship to dealers. Bigger than an Explorer.

You may be thinking of the smaller Bronco(Sport). The full size is just now starting to ship to dealers. Bigger than an Explorer.
Must be.

I am not a car guy generally and I am definitely not an off-roaders type, but this vehicle is really making me drool. The blue on top with the 4 door setup shown below is on my mind. I really want to order one, but I have not even seen one in person yet. Anyone seen one in the wild? I have seen a couple of the Sport versions but not the real deal yet.
View attachment 9014099View attachment 9014100
Ive been in love with the new Bronco ever since Ford announced it. Im probably going to trade my Honda Accord in on one in a couple years. Right now, my Accord has 160K on it, I was planning on keeping it until it hits 200K and for me the list of what I want my next vehicle to be begins and ends with the Bronco.
My mother always drove Broncos when I was a kid and I learned how to drive in a '91 Bronco, so the pull of nostalgia is very strong for me on this one.

Ive been in love with the new Bronco ever since Ford announced it. Im probably going to trade my Honda Accord in on one in a couple years. Right now, my Accord has 160K on it, I was planning on keeping it until it hits 200K and for me the list of what I want my next vehicle to be begins and ends with the Bronco.
My mother always drove Broncos when I was a kid and I learned how to drive in a '91 Bronco, so the pull of nostalgia is very strong for me on this one.
Yeah I loved them when I was a kid. I really liked the FJ Cruiser that Toyota made a few years ago. I thought that really resembled a modern Bronco. This thing looks bada$$ thought. Unlike the FJ Cruiser 10 years ago when I had 2 kids in daycare and one in diapers, I can afford to get what I want now LOL!

Yeah I loved them when I was a kid. I really liked the FJ Cruiser that Toyota made a few years ago. I thought that really resembled a modern Bronco. This thing looks bada$$ thought. Unlike the FJ Cruiser 10 years ago when I had 2 kids in daycare and one in diapers, I can afford to get what I want now LOL!
Amen, brother. Ive seen a few Broncos out in the wild already and I love them. I dont care if its just an Escape with a lift and a different body, its a modern Bronco and I want one! LOL

Depending on the top you ordered or options, you could still get in 2021. If you have options that are in the "not available in 2021" you'll probably get a 2022 in Q1. 2022 MY orders start in September and start building in December.

I preordered one the day they were announced. I was really excited for it. Then Ford kept trying to screw it up, and I got fed up and cancelled. I’m happy I did and based on my experience, I won’t look at Ford cars again for a long time.

I can completely understand delays and issues with the pandemic. I had no problems with that. The issues I had were with decision makers and dealers being slimy, and Ford allowing it.

first, the cancelled allowing X-plan. A pure money grab and the first time I can find that happening on a Ford mass produced vehicle. The problem with this, dealers then knew it would be hot and they could get away with charging more. So several dealerships (including ones I talked to locally) were going to mark up the price. I haaaaaaaaate that. Absurd to me, to basically pay extra just to purchase. No thanks.
So I held out, knowing that I could move my reservation to another dealer before placing the build order. Then dealers caught on and starting to place orders for buyers without authorization, which while buyers could make changes to the build, they were locked in to that dealer. (Ford did eventually work to undo some of those).

I was in, my wife was in. We were set on a white 2 door hardtop black diamond trim.
But the experience I had made me start to hate that car and Ford.

It's tiny. Well, not that small, but it is smaller than an Explorer.
The only ones I have seen are the Sports. They are fine, but I hate when a brand puts a smaller cheaper version out with the same name. Just name it something else.

The only ones I have seen are the Sports. They are fine, but I hate when a brand puts a smaller cheaper version out with the same name. Just name it something else.
Yeah I don't like it either, I get it they are trying to bump asked but it also takes the exclusive nature of the vehicle away.
The ones I've seen which are the sport are the size of my wife's Rav4. Which to me is a stupid move. It's one thing to make a less expensive option to bump sales as mentioned above, it's another to make an interior product and slapping a label on it. Not a fan at all, but honestly I'm not a Ford fan in general. I would have been all in if they had dropped this size in a new package. ae310ed2d0e5589b9558c2baac04c107.jpg

Yeah I don't like it either, I get it they are trying to bump asked but it also takes the exclusive nature of the vehicle away.

The ones I've seen which are the sport are the size of my wife's Rav4. Which to me is a stupid move. It's one thing to make a less expensive option to bump sales as mentioned above, it's another to make an interior product and slapping a label on it. Not a fan at all, but honestly I'm not a Ford fan in general. I would have been all in if they had dropped this size in a new package. View attachment 9014135
I haven't seen the real deal yet so I have no idea how it compares to those. Those were basically F-150's made into an SUV and I loved them.

This was the first vehicle I remember thinking reminded me of an old Bronco. The Toyota FJ Cruiser. If I saw one of these on a used car lot in decent shape I might scoop it. RETAIL04_311169971_AR_-1_RHVBUTIVTGHV.jpg

That 4 door model is pretty cool looking!

I saw one the other day at the dealership, they were a little smaller than I expected.

Rumor is they will release a bronco with a pickup bed like the Jeep Gladiator.

This is the Bronco I want. The new ones look really cool too, BTW.

Ford is really making a bad move with their naming recently, IMO.

using the mustang, bronco and lightening name in the ways they have are just confusing and cheapen the brand.

Ford is really making a bad move with their naming recently, IMO.

using the mustang, bronco and lightening name in the ways they have are just confusing and cheapen the brand.
I really like the Mustang Mach E too. I agree though it is not really a Mustang. The Lightning F-150 seems catchy. No complaints on that name.

I really like the Mustang Mach E too. I agree though it is not really a Mustang. The Lightning F-150 seems catchy. No complaints on that name.

It would make sense if they hadn't already made a supercharged V8 regular cab called a lightning.

it was a different, simpler time back then. 😕

2004-ford-f150-svt-lightning-for-sale-1.png

My parents had 2 Broncos while I was growing up and we loved them. I dig the boxy classic look.

Back