I saw one yesterday on the way to the course, it had temp plates on it from NJ and was being loaded on a flatbed wrecker. Put 2+2 together and figured out what the oil and shiny metal 1/4 mile up the road was by following the trail to the wrecker. 😳
Update to this post, talked to the guys who had hauled this away, the owners had drove from NJ and it seems at some point they had put it in 4 high and drove all the way here until the transfer case exploded. 🙃

Update to this post, talked to the guys who had hauled this away, the owners had drove from NJ and it seems at some point they had put it in 4 high and drove all the way here until the transfer case exploded. 🙃

I saw one the other day at the dealership, they were a little smaller than I expected.
I bet it was a Bronco Sport. I don't think the real deal's are out there yet.

I like the looks of this. It reminds me a lot of my 1966 Bronco I had back in the late 70's.

Depending on the top you ordered or options, you could still get in 2021. If you have options that are in the "not available in 2021" you'll probably get a 2022 in Q1. 2022 MY orders start in September and start building in December.
Yes, I was within my dealer's initial allocation. But with all the issues they've been having producing tops, who knows? All I can do is wait and hope my current truck doesn't rust away to nothingness before it gets delivered.

I saw one yesterday on the way to the course, it had temp plates on it from NJ and was being loaded on a flatbed wrecker. Put 2+2 together and figured out what the oil and shiny metal 1/4 mile up the road was by following the trail to the wrecker.
Generally a bad sign all around. :)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I haven't seen the real deal yet so I have no idea how it compares to those. Those were basically F-150's made into an SUV and I loved them.

This was the first vehicle I remember thinking reminded me of an old Bronco. The Toyota FJ Cruiser. If I saw one of these on a used car lot in decent shape I might scoop it. View attachment 9014138
Hey! That's my car!

LOL. I have 2007 FJ Cruiser (same blue/white trim, but with winch bull bar) that has 200K+ miles on it. Still going strong.

Hey! That's my car!

LOL. I have 2007 FJ Cruiser (same blue/white trim, but with winch bull bar) that has 200K+ miles on it. Still going strong.
Those things are classics IMO.

Yes, I was within my dealer's initial allocation. But with all the issues they've been having producing tops, who knows? All I can do is wait and hope my current truck doesn't rust away to nothingness before it gets delivered.

My deposit was from July 20th last year so I was a week after the first reservations. I selected some options that Ford told me will delay delivery so maybe another 6-8 months before I have mine.

I
I bet it was a Bronco Sport. I don't think the real deal's are out there yet.

I have spotted a few of the sports out there. I think those are pretty ugly. The pictures I have seen of the full size are pretty good. The four door especially.

My deposit was from July 20th last year so I was a week after the first reservations. I selected some options that Ford told me will delay delivery so maybe another 6-8 months before I have mine.
How did the reservation process work? Do you have to order when it comes time or do you have options?

How did the reservation process work? Do you have to order when it comes time or do you have options?

We placed our initial reservation last July online with a refundable $100 fee. The local dealer you are assigned contacts you when it is time to place your actual order, which we did back in February with a $1,000 deposit(varies by dealer). We were contacted in April that the roof we wanted will delay our order until the 2022 model year which begins sometime in late October. We now have to reorder in July, but that is a simple process that we can place by email as we aren't changing anything on the order unless there are some new '22 options. They still have my $1,000 deposit and we still have our place in line based on our initial 7/20/2020 reservation.

We placed our initial reservation last July online with a refundable $100 fee. The local dealer you are assigned contacts you when it is time to place your actual order, which we did back in February with a $1,000 deposit(varies by dealer). We were contacted in April that the roof we wanted will delay our order until the 2022 model year which begins sometime in late October. We now have to reorder in July, but that is a simple process that we can place by email as we aren't changing anything on the order unless there are some new '22 options. They still have my $1,000 deposit and we still have our place in line based on our initial 7/20/2020 reservation.
Did you get a hard or soft roof? I am looking at hard roof. Which model did you get and why also if you don't mind sharing? Sorry to be a pest, but I really like these vehicles.

The only ones I have seen are the Sports. They are fine, but I hate when a brand puts a smaller cheaper version out with the same name. Just name it something else.
Its still a Bronco, just a smaller version. To me, the Bronco Sport is much like the old Bronco II was, just a smaller, less expensive and more fuel efficient version. Its no more and no less a, "real" Bronco than the bigger version is.

Its still a Bronco, just a smaller version. To me, the Bronco Sport is much like the old Bronco II was, just a smaller, less expensive and more fuel efficient version. Its no more and no less a, "real" Bronco than the bigger version is.
Except that the Bronco II (and the original Bronco) are actually the ancestors of today's "full size" Bronco. The new Bronco is based on the Ranger platform. The ones in the 1980s and 90s were built off of F150s. The Bronco sport is unibody construction and is most similar to the Escape of about 10 years ago.

This is f’ing awesome!

9DA9F21C-E8AB-4517-AFE0-F4E6306E60B8.jpeg

Went to take my truck in and our local Ford dealer finally had one. It's the very first one I have seen in the wild. 😍🥰😍🥰😍

This is a fully loaded Wildtrack. It is absolutely gorgeous. Much beefier than a Wrangler, very similar and maybe slightly bigger than an FJ Cruiser in size. The trunk had plenty of room to take 3 or 4 guys on a golf weekend as long as everyone had a carry on suitcase. Now I really want one. This one is floor model only and they can't sell it till March. Looks like I will be waiting a while LOL.

20210809_075043.jpg

Went to take my truck in and our local Ford dealer finally had one. It's the very first one I have seen in the wild. 😍🥰😍🥰😍

This is a fully loaded Wildtrack. It is absolutely gorgeous. Much beefier than a Wrangler, very similar and maybe slightly bigger than an FJ Cruiser in size. The trunk had plenty of room to take 3 or 4 guys on a golf weekend as long as everyone had a carry on suitcase. Now I really want one. This one is floor model only and they can't sell it till March. Looks like I will be waiting a while LOL.

View attachment 9021143
I saw one at our local Ford dealer a couple of weeks ago and much bigger than I expected. I really liked it, but in terms or a track history, we are leaning towards a wrangler due to the fact, this is the first year Broncos are back and you know there are always issues with first year runs of vehicles, lol.

I saw one at our local Ford dealer a couple of weeks ago and much bigger than I expected. I really liked it, but in terms or a track history, we are leaning towards a wrangler due to the fact, this is the first year Broncos are back and you know there are always issues with first year runs of vehicles, lol.
Yep, the problems seem to be concentrated on the roofs from what I have read. We are planning a trip to England for my son's graduation in 2023 so I am going to pay for that and then order one. That means I will get in line probably end of the year next year and I won't get one till Spring or summer of 2023. My guess is roof problems are worked out by then. I am keeping my ears to the ground on that.

Looks like if it's not already built (including mine), you're looking at 2022 or later.
All vehicles that have already been built will have their roofs replaced.

@tahoebum what's the word? Any date or delivery yet?

@tahoebum what's the word? Any date or delivery yet?

Nothing firm on a production date which is no surprise considering Ford's track record with the Bronco. They are currently only making soft tops that don't work well for MN winters, so I opted to wait for a MY22 that doesn't go into production until December(hopefully). My guess is I won't be seeing my Bronco until next April or May. It's a bit of a bummer to wait so long but it's out of my control.

Late 60s Bronco is probably my favorite old car ever. I like the looks of the new ones, but am waiting to see some non-sport models in the wild and hear feedback as people start to get them. I'm also definitely waiting for the Warthog/Raptor (probably the F150 Raptor as well) to come out before I make a call on my next vehicle purchase. I just hope they don't mess it up with a mandatory terrible graphics package.

Back