Sounds like you might have seen the Bronco Sport, which is small and rather generic looking like a RAV4 or CRV. The full size Bronco is about the same width and height as a Chevy Tahoe. With the Sasquatch off-road package it’s actually taller than a Tahoe or F150 and only 2” narrower.

They definitely were no where near Tahoe size. I was super disappointed when I saw them after all the hype so glad to hear this.

The Bronco is a conundrum for me. The full sized Bronco is bigger than I would like (garage space) and the Bronco Sport is physically a good size but I would like a motor bigger than the 2.0T. I don't need a huge motor but I would like one that has enough power to tow my golf cart trailer easily. I have a Ford Edge right now that has a 3.5 litre engine which puts out 285 HP. I wouldn't want to go much less. I pulled this trailer with a car that had a 3.1 litre engine and that one suffered every time we went into any type of wind. I know that the new turbo engines have the horsepower but do they have lugging power? My son had a Ford Fusion with the 2.0T and it was quick but I don't know about pulling a trailer as he didn't try that. Ideally the Bronco Sport will later be available with the 2.3 turbo (300 HP) or the 2.7 turbo (330 HP) but I'm not holding my breath.

It's happening! I got my build date for next week and a window sticker. According to my salesman I could have it anywhere from 1-6 weeks after that, depending on shipping delays.

Congrats! What was your reservation date and did you get the hardtop? Mine is a 7/20/20 reservation OBX SAS Lux MIC 2.7L. I'm hoping by March Ford will send me a build date.

Congrats! What was your reservation date and did you get the hardtop? Mine is a 7/20/20 reservation OBX SAS Lux MIC 2.7L. I'm hoping by March Ford will send me a build date.
7/14/20 reservation, about 10am. I got the hard top. Mine is a 2D BL non-SAS high 2.7 tow. I got the email in August about being pushed to 2022 because I hadn't been scheduled or received a VIN yet. Then at the end of September I was unexpectedly scheduled for next week. I never really believed it would hold up until yesterday.

The Bronco is a conundrum for me. The full sized Bronco is bigger than I would like (garage space) and the Bronco Sport is physically a good size but I would like a motor bigger than the 2.0T. I don't need a huge motor but I would like one that has enough power to tow my golf cart trailer easily. I have a Ford Edge right now that has a 3.5 litre engine which puts out 285 HP. I wouldn't want to go much less. I pulled this trailer with a car that had a 3.1 litre engine and that one suffered every time we went into any type of wind. I know that the new turbo engines have the horsepower but do they have lugging power? My son had a Ford Fusion with the 2.0T and it was quick but I don't know about pulling a trailer as he didn't try that. Ideally the Bronco Sport will later be available with the 2.3 turbo (300 HP) or the 2.7 turbo (330 HP) but I'm not holding my breath.

Torque is infinitely more important than HP when towing things. I would compare the torque instead of the HP if I were you.

So are the prices going crazy? People are asking 80000+ for the fullsize near SF. flipping their bronco was surprising, but I guess some people want one at any cost.
Me - I'm looking for mid 90s full size EB edition, I can put 15k in it and be happy.

So are the prices going crazy? People are asking 80000+ for the fullsize near SF. flipping their bronco was surprising, but I guess some people want one at any cost.
Me - I'm looking for mid 90s full size EB edition, I can put 15k in it and be happy.

The prices are absolutely insane. No one can get them, demand is sky-high, prices are following that.

Picked up my Sport last week.

C9505C50-7146-4C83-8EAC-EB601019DE2C.jpeg

Just sold my dad’s 1986 for him.

97A8FA2B-03FC-46F8-9AA2-957933DF1C4A.jpeg

Ok, pet peeve time. Why is the Bronco being called full size? It’s basically the same size as my ‘08 Explorer. A full size is what O.J. rode around in during the chase.

wheelbase is less than 3” more for the Bronco
Overall length is 0.2” shorter for the Bronco
Height is 1” more for the Bronco
Width is less 3” more for the Bronco.

That’s not full size for me, or I’m just a boomer and y’all need to get off my lawn.

BTW they are nice, just not $80,000+ nice me.

Ok, pet peeve time. Why is the Bronco being called full size? It’s basically the same size as my ‘08 Explorer. A full size is what O.J. rode around in during the chase.

That’s not full size for me, or I’m just a boomer and y’all need to get off my lawn.

It is much more akin to the full size broncos of the 60s

my neighbor has one and he loves it. it does look very cool up close

My boss and I have a discussion about the bronco about once or twice a month. The sport looks more like a RAV4. If I have a Bronco I want to have to use the siderail to get in the thing. I can fall into the sport the same way I fall into a crossover. The larger trims are more my style!

Torque is infinitely more important than HP when towing things. I would compare the torque instead of the HP if I were you.
I agree and that's what I was referring to when I was asking if they would have the lugging power... I know they have HP but do they have enough lugging power?

I agree and that's what I was referring to when I was asking if they would have the lugging power... I know they have HP but do they have enough lugging power?

According to Ford a Bronco Sport can comfortably tow 2000 pounds, which would be much more than your golf cart.

According to Ford a Bronco Sport can comfortably tow 2000 pounds, which would be much more than your golf cart.
It doesn't seem to me to be the weight towed but the wind resistance of the trailer ramp that effects the tow ability and the need for the power to do so.
I can remember coming home from a golf tournament on a very hot evening. All of a sudden there were storm warnings and when I turned the radio to a
station that covered weather events, they were talking about a storm headed right where I was going. I hit some fairly strong winds and could see the storm
approaching. I pushed the gas pedal to the floor and when I turned around a curve and faced into the wind, the most I could get out of my car was 70 MPH.
I barely made it home before the storm hit. I would surely have liked to have had more "oomph" from my car so I could have been able to be home even a
couple of minutes sooner. I got quite wet dashing to the the shed where I kept the cart and just got into the house before the hail started coming down.

My niece just got a Bronco Sport and it is pretty sweet. All black everything.

One day I will own one of these, mark my words.

Cannot justify it with the insane markups currently, and the fact my truck is paid off and has 50k miles on it, but one day.

Cannot justify it with the insane markups currently, and the fact my truck is paid off and has 50k miles on it, but one day.

Same boat on my current truck. I'm trying to wait until the craze passes. I've been thinking about a Bronco but I also really like the Tremors I've seen at the dealerships.

I cannot justify it with the insane markups currently, and the fact my truck is paid off and has 50k miles on it, but one day.

It's hard to say how long these markups will last, but they are currently getting about $20k+ over sticker price. Some configurations have very long wait times due to supply chain issues (hard top, 2 door, sasquatch package). I reserved one in July of 2020 and ordered as soon as I could last January but still don't have a production date as the hard top is a huge contraint.

I've been reading on a couple Bronco forums that if you order a fairly basic four door model with soft top, you can actually get one in a few months. I went to my dealer last night and the manager and salesman confirmed this - they just delivered one to a customer this week that had just ordered in early October. I put an order in for a more basic four-door with soft top and am hoping it is here by May as my original order could still be a year out. I'll either cancel the other order when it comes in or sell it for a profit if prices are still high. The dealer has zero issues giving me my full deposit back if I change my mind on either one as they think demand will exceed supply for at least two years.

The 2022 4 door Bronco I ordered is the same width but 1" taller and 5" longer than OJ's 1993 Bronco. It's also 700 pounds heavier than the 1993. The new two door Bronco is 10" shorter than the 1993 but it's a direct competitor for the two door Wrangler which is why Ford made it about he same size. The hardcore off roaders need the shorter overhangs to get those extreme approach/departure angles.

Also you can order a nicely equiped 2022 4 door Bronco for $50k. There will always be fools that pay way over sticker price for new vehicles that are in short supply.

Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 8.09.30 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-10 at 7.44.41 AM.png

I've seen a lot of these around here lately and I am underwhelmed. I will admit I am not their target customer, but I guess I expected more from the base model. The better ones I've seen here and online have a lot of modifications to make them look bigger and more appealing.

I know the Bronco has a cult following and I am in the minority, but at this price point I would be a buyer with another vehicle.

Mine is working its way down the assembly line right now. Estimated delivery date is 12/21. Early Christmas gift for me, from me!

Back